Author Topic: Complete 2006 Remake?  (Read 2529 times)

MisterkNiss

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Is mayonaise an instrument?
    • View Profile
Complete 2006 Remake?
« on: April 17, 2014, 03:02:12 pm »
Hi, I was just wondering if the server will ever be a true 2006 remake? What I mean is will it ever encompass everything that was added to Runescape up to the end of 2006? I understand that it is a revision of sometime around April/May 2006, but when my friends and I first joined the server, we were under the impression that it would eventually have everything that was in and added to Runescape by the end of 2006. I've seen on the forums that content such as Construction won't be added since it's not in the revision used but once the current revision is finished (still got a long ways, but someday), will the developers continue on and add new content? I've also seen that such an addition would require a full server restart which would be no fun, but this is not the case in actual Runescape as they make content updates regularly without any sort of wipe. Just wondering about the devs attitude toward the topic, thanks :)

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
Re: Complete 2006 Remake?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 03:39:59 pm »
You're talking about decades from now

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 05:09:05 pm »
What buttplug said.

Plus, we have the multi-revision option but we're more interested in May 2006 and prior before we continue on.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

MisterkNiss

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Is mayonaise an instrument?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 05:15:51 pm »
Well yeah, I was just wondering if you had any thoughts on it. Nevermind I guess hahha

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 05:26:51 pm »
I got this dw! :3

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

Zydrate

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 06:03:19 am »
I doubt there's going to ever be a complete 2006 remake.. But the funny thing is, if there were to be one I still think the nostalgia would fall and 317 servers loading 600+ would still be the hype.
I love black people.

Spiderjunkie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 10:30:43 am »
I think what might be really cool is that the server is going to be without after may until they have everything and then one year they release the things after may at the same time they were actually released. It's just something i think might be awesome.
One can only witness so much horror until they are .... I feel that i am on the brink.

Zydrate

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 01:57:14 pm »
^So..
Limit gameplay for what, exactly?
I love black people.

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 07:37:13 pm »
I think it would be possible once we have a large number of people working on it rapidly all at the same time; Onur is one of the first developers to take this route and we are only going to try and add more.

Right now I am working on making it so Dialogue can be directly added to the server through the Dialogue editor, which will help a ton.

I also also working on a Java based plugin API that will allow anyone to write plugins for the server. 8)