Author Topic: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 5142 times)

Charles

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Smitten with a knitten kitten.
    • View Profile
Pokemon X & Y
« on: April 03, 2014, 12:25:29 pm »
Does anyone play this :)?

N0va

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
Re: Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 12:28:53 pm »
Not at the moment but I've been playing Pokemon Snakewood the past week or so. 
I'm not an In-Game developer and I've continuously been asking to be demoted so I did it myself

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 01:35:30 pm »
Stopped buying Pokemon games after the 3rd generation. Emerald was the last one I bought. Once they switched up their art style they looked more like shitty Digimon characters. Now they're not even trying anymore.

I mean just look at these fuckin things:

This one especially

The 2nd generation remains the best and it will always be that way. Gold/Silver/Crystal were great sequels with just enough new content and polish to be entertaining. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald were overall good games but the art style pales in comparison to the first 2 generations. Now everything after seems like a rehashed bastardization of generation 3
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 01:38:33 pm by buttplug »

N0va

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 02:18:47 pm »
^ I agree. I like 2nd gen better as well. Snakewood is a hack of Ruby tho
I'm not an In-Game developer and I've continuously been asking to be demoted so I did it myself

Gamecube

• Rebel Leader

• Vanguard of Armadyl

• Personal Text
    Master Divineer.
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 07:53:42 am »
I do. Finished it a while ago. Finished the WHOLE of the CHAMPION with this one beauty (My favourite pokemon of this gen :D)

¸·¹¹·.„¸„' .. ¸' ......... Respèçt døêš ñõt grðw óñ trëèš' ......... '¸ .. '„¸„.·¹¹·¸
'.„„. .'„¸¸,.·¹°¹, ...... 'Ýõù mûšt šöw thé šèêdš ýøûršëlf' ...... ,¹°¹·.,¸¸„'. .„„.'
.............. '„¸„' Øñlÿ théñ wìll ýõù rêåp †hë réwàrdš ît brïñgš '„¸„' .....

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 04:45:28 pm »
I haven't started playing the game yet even though I own it. :'(

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 05:44:06 pm »
This describes what I think about any generation over 3rd.

Large Prune

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 12:05:13 pm »

I played Snakewood for a while but I think I have a few glitches that prevent me from progressing, and the game has a lot of artificial difficulty (like giving ordinary trainers 4 full restores), still nice to play a semi-decent ROM hack once in a while though.

N0va

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 12:25:08 pm »

I played Snakewood for a while but I think I have a few glitches that prevent me from progressing, and the game has a lot of artificial difficulty (like giving ordinary trainers 4 full restores), still nice to play a semi-decent ROM hack once in a while though.

I could probably help you if you're stuck. And the trainers using potions isn't a huge problem for me but the jump in pokemon levels can get annoying. One minute I'm facing level 40 pokemon, the next, level 60+.

MisterkNiss

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Is mayonaise an instrument?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 12:04:52 am »
I just ordered a 3ds xl and pokemon y, will have it by the end of the month cause I chose the free shipping option. Saw the gen 3 remake announcements and decided to jump in. Looking forward to the new experience! :)

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • My Development Projects
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 05:53:25 pm »
Yeah that video Novapur3 posted makes some pretty good points, even if the video was originally intended for comedy. Although I do love Pokémon (perhaps you could already tell) I'm not a big fan of the newer generations. I grew up with games like Pokémon Emerald and then when I got older I checked out some of the original retro games like Pokémon Blue - which to this day is my all-time favorite; the first ever Pokémon game. :D

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 06:30:22 pm »
Stopped buying Pokemon games after the 3rd generation. Emerald was the last one I bought. Once they switched up their art style they looked more like shitty Digimon characters. Now they're not even trying anymore.

I mean just look at these fuckin things:

This one especially

The 2nd generation remains the best and it will always be that way. Gold/Silver/Crystal were great sequels with just enough new content and polish to be entertaining. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald were overall good games but the art style pales in comparison to the first 2 generations. Now everything after seems like a rehashed bastardization of generation 3

Lets not forget this one:

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 05:10:06 pm »
unfortunately pokemon on the Gameboy was my thing back in the day.. I still have the original Gameboy with a carrying case and all of the 1st pokemon games.. I bought a yellow Gameboy color later (obviously influenced by the Pikachu marketing scheme) but I still kept my regular Gameboy.. If I sold it as a set would it be worth anything? I've also got a magnifying glass with light attachment for the regular Gameboy and a printer/camera combo that was like a weird picture creator type thing.. I think the last pokemon game I bought was silver.. I couldn't get into it past that..

MisterkNiss

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Is mayonaise an instrument?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 11:19:57 pm »
If everything is in good condition and works fine you could get a pretty nice paycheck if you sold it all together. I just got a teal gameboy color with a nintendo carrying case and the pokemon trading card game for $20 at a flea market, I could probably get around $30-$35 on Ebay for it.

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 05:27:06 am »
If everything is in good condition and works fine you could get a pretty nice paycheck if you sold it all together. I just got a teal gameboy color with a nintendo carrying case and the pokemon trading card game for $20 at a flea market, I could probably get around $30-$35 on Ebay for it.

Yea I may try to sell it all..

(http://www.amazon.com/Game-Boy-Printer/dp/B00004W4EC)

(http://www.amazon.com/Game-Boy-Camera-Yellow-advance/dp/B00004TQYU)

IM RICH!

and supposedly the red yellow and blue versions for for about 30 each in good condition and the original game boy goes for 30-50 and the color is 30..

(http://game-oldies.com/) <---found that while searching for prices.. pretty cool.