Author Topic: F.C.C. to Seek a New Path on Net Neutrality Laws. [USA]  (Read 4865 times)

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
F.C.C. to Seek a New Path on Net Neutrality Laws. [USA]
« on: February 19, 2014, 10:05:39 pm »
As some of you know, recently Net Neutrality laws have been struck down (basically, allowing your internet provider to slow or speed your connection based on the content providers you use). F.C.C. announced new Net Neutrality laws will be coming early spring/summer that will protect at least some services from being censored. Hopefully they won't fuck it up like the F.C.C. usually does.

WASHINGTON — Regulators are taking another crack at their effort to keep the web free and open, introducing new rules that would discourage Internet service providers from charging companies to stream their movies, music and other content through a faster express lane.

The proposal, unveiled by the Federal Communications Commission on Wednesday, is part of a continuing battle over the basic pipelines through which information flows on the Internet. With the latest plan, the F.C.C. is hewing close to previous efforts — albeit with some technical differences — with rules that would prevent Internet service providers from blocking any legal sites or services from consumers and would aim to restrict, but not outlaw, discrimination.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/20/business/fcc-to-propose-new-rules-on-open-internet.html

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
Re: F.C.C. to Seek a New Path on Net Neutrality Laws. [USA]
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 09:52:54 am »
this is just complete bullshit... i can't believe this crap. Why the fuck are they trying so hard to sensor us out. I'm telling you this country is leaning more and more away from a democracy.

Large Prune

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 09:28:09 am »
I'm glad that I don't live in the USA. Some of the things that officials carry out is ridiculous, and the large majority of the population seems apathetic about it.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 09:55:55 am »
I'm glad that I don't live in the USA. Some of the things that officials carry out is ridiculous, and the large majority of the population seems apathetic about it.
See this is what people don't get. The U.S CONTROLS the internet whether you like it or not. This law won't just affect us, but everyone around the world...

CptGiggles

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Great giggly miggly...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 05:23:16 pm »
this is just complete bullshit... i can't believe this crap. Why the fuck are they trying so hard to sensor us out. I'm telling you this country is leaning more and more away from a democracy.

Quick re-cap of all past elections indicate that a two-party system has been around for as long as we (U.S.) have. We were never supposed to be a democracy, instead a democratic republic. The whigs, the nationalists, "democrats", "republicans". They are all one in the same. Apathy and ignorance play a huge role in how our government chooses to handle public relations. The fact that 1 in 4 U.S. citizens don't even know we revolve around the fucking sun should be a very bright indicator on the status of our current education system. Blame the Rothschilds, Koch Bros, Viacom, Walt Disney,  the Bush family, GM, Big Oil, and most of all, Congress for the current transgressions upon your rights. The president and the party who supports him are honestly the least of your worries.