Author Topic: An original RSPS  (Read 4338 times)

Pyro

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    wew lad :^)
    • View Profile
    • scottyfillups.io
An original RSPS
« on: January 27, 2014, 01:11:25 pm »
Has anyone ever tried making an RSPS that has an original map rather than a remake of Gielinor? It would be cool to explore a new world and do quests you've never seen before, while maintaining the classic Runescape game-play and skills we all know and love.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 01:15:35 pm by Pyro »
Plz star all my github stuff <333333

https://github.com/ScottyFillups

• Developer
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
Re: An original RSPS
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 01:18:35 pm »
Would be amazing, but very hard to code. And I havent seen it yet :(
I have seen a project about making oldschool maps HD but keeping everything else like 06-07 style, thats as close as I have ever seen it  :-\

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 01:19:48 pm »
I've never heard of this ever. It sounds like a good idea. I would be interested. Seems like a hard process of map making and quest developing though.

Pyro

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • scottyfillups.io
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 01:41:18 pm »
I have seen a project about making oldschool maps HD but keeping everything else like 06-07 style, thats as close as I have ever seen it  :-\

It would be difficult making everything from scratch, however I'm just surprised nobody has tried making an original private server (out of like, the 2000 RSPSs that exist, lol).

I find the problem with these "nostalgia"/remake servers is that everything is predictable (don't get me wrong, I like playing 2006 remakes). It's impossible to relive the fun moments you had as a kid, because you're playing a remake: you already know where to go, how to play, what happens next, etc.

Hopefully someday a person will make a RSPS with unique maps and quests (or perhaps a game similar to Runescape, with just better improved graphics and gameplay).

Muse

• Rebel Leader

• kastom titel?

• Personal Text
    If Vatican then I can too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 03:36:20 pm »
I find the problem with these "nostalgia"/remake servers is that everything is predictable (don't get me wrong, I like playing 2006 remakes). It's impossible to relive the fun moments you had as a kid, because you're playing a remake: you already know where to go, how to play, what happens next, etc.

Actually, not for me.
I haven't done all the quests in rs, i used to hate quests :< there is still a lot to discover even in a remake of 2006 rs.

Pyro

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • scottyfillups.io
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 04:09:04 pm »

Actually, not for me.
I haven't done all the quests in rs, i used to hate quests :< there is still a lot to discover even in a remake of 2006 rs.

You're lucky then :P

I was a BIG quest fan, and did about 90% of the quests before I quit RS (I quit after the EOC release, I felt it changed the gameplay too much). That being said, I haven't done a quest in such a long time that I suppose I'll find them entertaining (when they're released of course).

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 05:47:55 pm »
Yes, actually. The Ex-Administator of MoparScape is making his own game that looks like RuneScape called Thornfall. I have a registered account there.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 05:53:50 pm »
Yes, actually. The Ex-Administator of MoparScape is making his own game that looks like RuneScape called Thornfall. I have a registered account there.

Which ex-admins? & linkkkkk

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 06:22:26 pm »

Which ex-admins? & linkkkkk
I'm registered with thornfall as well XD I can't wait

Zeliounz

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    The voices are growing louder. SHUT UP FAMOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 06:26:55 pm »

It would be difficult making everything from scratch, however I'm just surprised nobody has tried making an original private server (out of like, the 2000 RSPSs that exist, lol).

Hopefully someday a person will make a RSPS with unique maps and quests (or perhaps a game similar to Runescape, with just better improved graphics and gameplay).
Eldevin is for you, hell, if you want we could play together. (I have yet to play much of it at all.)
??!??