Author Topic: Some thoughts on donations and perks.  (Read 2603 times)

Janloom

• Rebel Leader

• Huh? What?

• View Profile
Some thoughts on donations and perks.
« on: January 05, 2014, 06:13:30 am »
I've noticed now that avatars have become a donors perk - leaving me presumably stuck with my x-mas themed one, or possibly none at all. A little heads up would have been nice on this.

What my concern is that the plan for donation perks is to take what we already have, take it away from us and then offer it as a perk instead of creating more new perks like larger avatar and signature resolutions, maybe even some sort of priority staff-support system, the global shout you have planned is a good example of this. I read the plans to also make ::lock commands perks as well, this I'm also against, seeing as this will allow donors to exclusively have the ability to manipulate game mechanics via xp/content unlocking quests to make their pures.

Please possibly try and reassess some of the planned perks - taking away features we already have, because players coming in won't know any better, may cost you the enthusiasm of more veteran and established players.

Charles

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Smitten with a knitten kitten.
    • View Profile
Re: Some thoughts on donations and perks.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 06:45:49 am »
I would prefer all donor perks being outside of the game. I don't want any in-game benefits.

nijntje

• Veteran
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 06:52:03 am »
+1 for Charles and Janloom

Satan

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Selling Souls 1 M ea
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 10:05:46 am »
I totally agree with you guys.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 10:41:57 am »
This was an accident, we will restore the ability to have avatars here shortly, we are going a different direction with donations.

When it comes to perks for donations, there WILL be perks for donations. Unfortunately, the developers are not going to keep spending money out of our own pockets to keep the game up. We've done it for long enough, and the donations go to fully support the server, and are not handed out to the developers as pay checks.  That being said, you all should WANT donation benefits, as that helps give other people the incentive to donate (even if you can't, and remember, we don't require it) which helps keep the server up and running, because face it, we're not rich and can't pay to keep the server online every month.  This is NOT open to suggestions, as none of the benefits are going to be game ruining, and RuneRebels will not have a pay to win approach. Look at some of our "competition" where they, at one point, charged for the p2p version of RS, or charged players to get an XP multiplier, or sold Gold via the website. We're not doing any of that, we're just giving people who support us a bit of a benefit.

When it comes to a notice, there was a topic posted approximately 5 days ago (That has just today been taken down) that laid out all of the new donations benefit and said that they would take effect IMMEDIATELY.

Now that your "rant" is answered, I'm locking this topic.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol