Author Topic: I'm a little mad  (Read 3346 times)

Trent

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
I'm a little mad
« on: December 24, 2013, 11:15:35 pm »
Here's my little rant. I hope this doesn't get locked for spam, I just wanna talk about Christmas. Now I have the upmost respect for all the staff, and I know they work very hard on everything they do, it's just this one time they really didn't follow through.

First you guys tell us that it's going to come out on the 23rd: "Now that we are releasing later today I think it is safe to say that we will be doing a event based off the 2005 Christmas event. It will commence later today." - Austin

After that happened, I didn't really care, cause I knew for sure it was coming on the 24th: "unfortunately the event is probably going to have to come out on the 24'th." - Austin

And here on the 24th, at about 4pm my time (pacific), I read this: "The event is in final testing. It is ready to be released, honestly within the next 15-30 minutes." - James

4 and a half hours later, and still no word from anyone about the event. I know that this is only a small little christmas event, and it really doesn't matter and I shouldn't be getting mad about this, but I am.

But now that I've gotten that off my chest, I want to wish everybody a very merry Christmas! Also a big thanks to the devs for making a great, great game.

Thanks for reading!

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: I'm a little mad
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 11:29:02 pm »
Well, I'm a bit disappointed but not mad. James in the previous rants thread said "It is ready to be released, honestly within the next 15-30 minutes," but hey I rather an update be done right than rushed. Deadlines can't always be met and sometimes, things get in the way of keeping your word.

The 2005 event, I'd imagine would be complicating to code in but I'm confident that these guys can do it. Ryan's highly regarded for his coding abilities and the server's made from scratch. He's also been online for quite awhile today so it's not like the devs called it a day. They're still working hard to get the event up and running for you guys.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 11:29:27 pm »
Patience is essential. Development is done differently on this server. Most "developers" don't have access to the actual server (unless things have changed). A lot of the things go through Ryan.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 11:29:54 pm »
Take into consideration people actually have things to do and it's CHRISTMAS when you rejoice with your family, the staff have lifes you know :l

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 11:36:42 pm »
Take into consideration people actually have things to do and it's CHRISTMAS when you rejoice with your family, the staff have lifes you know :l

This.

Unfortunately, we were having issues with our new networking software that was causing some bugs with log-in issues. We decided that since we're going to be releasing the Christmas Event, we want to revert back to the old format to save everyone from the login issues that they've been experiencing as of late.

I do apologize for the misinformation I gave, the Christmas Event was/is ready and was being tested, now it's just a matter of getting the log-in issues addressed. We want to make this as perfect and awesome as it could be, and also don't want people to be experiencing the annoying log-in bugs while they're attempting to do the event. Right now, the timer for the revert is displaying a little over 9 minutes, then everything should be 100% good to go.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to PM me.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 11:52:39 pm »
The event IS done. We are trying to get it updated to the server as we speak but at the moment the servers are giving us troubles. It is still the 24'th for me so I guess I still held my word XD. We are really sorry for the inconvenience guys. When you all play this you will all know how hard and dedicated we were to making this event. It's been a great pleasure making it. I can't wait for you all to see it :)

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 11:54:58 pm »
The event IS done. We are trying to get it updated to the server as we speak but at the moment the servers are giving us troubles. It is still the 24'th for me so I guess I still held my word XD. We are really sorry for the inconvenience guys. When you all play this you will all know how hard and dedicated we were to making this event. It's been a great pleasure making it. I can't wait for you all to see it :)

Thank you for that notice :)

Trent

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 01:20:14 am »
Event is out, event is a success. I'm sorry for raging everyone :)

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 01:22:57 am »
Event is out, event is a success. I'm sorry for raging everyone :)
It's totally fine we understand your concerns. We were literally stressing out because things kept popping up in the event and it was taking forever to fix each one O.O

Grizx

• Rebel Soldier

• Zeus himself

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 02:18:13 am »
All I'm going to say is get used to it.  ;D