Author Topic: Guide - 99 Thieving  (Read 13944 times)

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
Guide - 99 Thieving
« on: December 01, 2013, 12:15:59 pm »
I will first start with my path and then offer a little explanation afterward.  My only rule is that I would thieve approximately five levels past the next requirement.  I felt that it cut down significantly on the failure rate.

Level 1-15: Man (good for some initial cash)

Level 15-30: Farmer (great for beginning seeds to those interested in farming)

Level 30-43: Warrior (some more cash)

Level 43-60: A few options open up here.  For additional seeds, you can start thieving the master farmer along with the seed stall in Draynor.  It's close to a bank for easy deposit and a great source for seeds.  If farming isn't your thing, then concentrate on guards.  They are located in most major cities which means you are also close to banks for food replenishing.

***At level 60, I pretty much was confined to Ardougne as it holds the remainder of valuable thieving options***

Level 60-75: Ardougne Knights - I skipped watchmen here because with level 42 thieving you can steal from the food stall and at 50 thieving you can steal from the silver stall.  I would mix both of those in (food for health and silver for crafting) to break the monotony of the knights.

Level 75-85: Paladin - great that these are in Ardougne, because the gem stall opens up at level 75 and is a great source of gems for crafting considering you thieve uncut gems.  The Paladins have a high failure rate even starting five levels beyond the requirement.

Level (80)85-99: Hero - the only time I broke the five level rule was for Heroes.  You can start these right at level 80, or wait until 85.  These at first have an alarmingly annoying failure rate, but their loot is worth it.  These guys drop: Cut Diamonds, Gold Ore, 200-300 GP, Wine (great to use for HP replenishing), Death Runes (2), and Blood Runes (1), and fire orbs.  Early on with Heroes, you can expect rates around 100-125k per hour.  Once your thieving gets into the 90's, expect rates to stabalize around 200-225k per hour with luckier sessions yielding up to 250k in an hour.  Be sure to get that crafting level up because at level 70 crafting you can turn those cut diamonds into diamond ammies for 200xp each.

It's short and sweet, but it's the path I took for 99 thieving.  If you have any questions, feel free to leave them here and I'll do my best to provide insight.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
Re: Guide - 99 Thieving
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 12:56:18 pm »
Thank you for making the thieving guide! This will be my next 99 after 84 crafting ;)

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 01:06:36 pm »
Great guide! Even though I took a much different path during the earlier levels. I did whatever gave the most exp at my current level. Still a great guide. Much better than any guide I could write :)

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 01:14:16 pm »
Great guide! Even though I took a much different path during the earlier levels. I did whatever gave the most exp at my current level. Still a great guide. Much better than any guide I could write :)

from level 55-65 what did you do?

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 01:23:48 pm »

from level 55-65 what did you do?
Knights and silver stall

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 03:34:49 pm »
Fish stalls/fur stalls at Fremennik are pretty fast too for 40-50ish. Only downside is dropping the items.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 04:55:19 pm »
Fish stalls/fur stalls at Fremennik are pretty fast too for 40-50ish. Only downside is dropping the items.

I did this for a while like a loop between the four stalls, but the dropping hurts my hand :l

Sean

• Veteran
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 05:13:23 pm »
Great information, but it would be a lot more pleasing to look at with some pictures. :)

Also, you could be more in-depth by telling us where each NPC is exactly located.

needs pictures/5

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 07:44:06 pm »
Great information, but it would be a lot more pleasing to look at with some pictures. :)

Also, you could be more in-depth by telling us where each NPC is exactly located.

needs pictures/5

Haha, I was hoping this little aesthetic detail would continue to go unnoticed.  Would you believe me when I say I don't even have an account with any of the picture-type sharing sites?  Just never felt like going that far...

pictures pending/5... but nothing promised  :P

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 08:07:31 pm »

needs pictures/5

Haha, I was hoping this little aesthetic detail would continue to go unnoticed.  Would you believe me when I say I don't even have an account with any of the picture-type sharing sites?  Just never felt like going that far...

pictures pending/5... but nothing promised  :P

imgur.com is a very fine website to upload images without even having an account!

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 04:53:57 am »
Needs video guide 0/10

Join world 2 today!

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 08:07:44 am »
Needs video guide 0/10

I will include a detailed video guide of every second it takes me to get to 100M thieving xp complete with commentary  :D  Look for that within the next decade or so.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 10:31:01 am »
Needs video guide 0/10

I will include a detailed video guide of every second it takes me to get to 100M thieving xp complete with commentary  :D  Look for that within the next decade or so.
You know for someone to start thieving it would be really cool to like film themselves and just fast forward it super fast all the way to 99, might be a interesting video :P

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 11:23:35 am »
Needs video guide 0/10

You know for someone to start thieving it would be really cool to like film themselves and just fast forward it super fast all the way to 99, might be a interesting video :P

Except you'll want to slow down the parts where the person say is a level 3 in Ardougne, dies because they weren't paying attention, and then has to walk from Lumbridge all the way back.  Oh the colorful language...

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 11:27:19 am »
Needs video guide 0/10

Except you'll want to slow down the parts where the person say is a level 3 in Ardougne, dies because they weren't paying attention, and then has to walk from Lumbridge all the way back.  Oh the colorful language...
What's better than that is dying on White Wolf Mountain....