Author Topic: RuneRebel's future  (Read 28901 times)

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: RuneRebel's future
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2013, 02:46:05 pm »
I am not going to promise constant updates but I will promise 1 massive update. We will obviously make more updates(more content and bug fixes)  but I don't want to make false promises to guys again. Which is why we are not even disclosing information on what we're doing. I will say what we want to do is massive and will bring more people around.

- iPhone.

*fixed by the sexiest mod of all time, happyguy
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:06:07 pm by HappyguyForum »

Charles

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Smitten with a knitten kitten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2013, 04:29:10 pm »
Wow a iphone hacked Kevin and wrote that.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2013, 12:24:13 am »
Just a little update for you guys, we're getting close to turning the servers off, Ryan has been working tirelessly on a few updates and James and Myself will be busting out a lot of things in-game. We hope to bring you guys a lot more content, along with a few other sunrises! :D

I will believe it when I see it.

http://flarepix.com/images/RRDEVQfzb.png
Here is a picture of what Ryan has been working on the past week. This is a complete remake of the database through php. He's working on making it so we can get more developers and give them only access to certain things, along with daily, or hourly backups, so if people try to 'grief' us, we can easily undo what they have done, along with a change log to keep track of what everyone does.

After that is done, James and Myself (Being the only current developers will soon be gathering a few more) will start going through and fixing as many bugs as we can, then focus on adding content. So if you know of any bugs that aren't known and you want them to be fixed, please post in the bugs section, we will fix them promptly.

You have to understand that since I have been here a while now and the only major addition to the game I have seen is the slayer skill, I will wait until I see major additions like new quests, the agility skill, dragon weapons, ect, actually in the game, before singing your praises. We where promised a large amount of new content before, then problems obviously persisted and bad things happened to the devs on a personal level, and things had to take a step back. I'm not going to to shout at you and say "oh you are just lazy" or something, since I am sure you put a lot of work into the server, But I will wait till I see progress in game, rather than some codes or whatever.

What I love is the fact that somehow people forget the past. :-). You may have been here "a while." But you have to remember that runerebels started as a blank slate from Worldscape, and look how far it's come. You should be excited to see some code, because its the foundation and building blocks for every update to come. With the new framework, it'll make developing the server so much easier and give Ryan Kevin and myself as owners the capabilities to assign different tasks to different developers and lock certain things to keep them focused on the task at hand so they dot get distracted by something else. The three of us set down together and said we are going to refocus all of our efforts onto runerebels, to make it succeed. When we did that with Worldscape, it worked. When we did it on runerebels the first time, we for about 2-3 straight months had 100-200 players on at peak times. So, if you're going to relate things to the past, do so in a positive manner! We do take constructive criticism, but only when it is constructive! There's multiple people here who've been around for YEARS, and they've seen what allgofree can do when we put our heads to it, and that's what we're doing and what were going to accomplish is going to be amazing!

Go team!
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2013, 02:09:45 am »
Just a little update for you guys, we're getting close to turning the servers off, Ryan has been working tirelessly on a few updates and James and Myself will be busting out a lot of things in-game. We hope to bring you guys a lot more content, along with a few other sunrises! :D

I will believe it when I see it.

http://flarepix.com/images/RRDEVQfzb.png
Here is a picture of what Ryan has been working on the past week. This is a complete remake of the database through php. He's working on making it so we can get more developers and give them only access to certain things, along with daily, or hourly backups, so if people try to 'grief' us, we can easily undo what they have done, along with a change log to keep track of what everyone does.

After that is done, James and Myself (Being the only current developers will soon be gathering a few more) will start going through and fixing as many bugs as we can, then focus on adding content. So if you know of any bugs that aren't known and you want them to be fixed, please post in the bugs section, we will fix them promptly.

You have to understand that since I have been here a while now and the only major addition to the game I have seen is the slayer skill, I will wait until I see major additions like new quests, the agility skill, dragon weapons, ect, actually in the game, before singing your praises. We where promised a large amount of new content before, then problems obviously persisted and bad things happened to the devs on a personal level, and things had to take a step back. I'm not going to to shout at you and say "oh you are just lazy" or something, since I am sure you put a lot of work into the server, But I will wait till I see progress in game, rather than some codes or whatever.

What I love is the fact that somehow people forget the past. :-). You may have been here "a while." But you have to remember that runerebels started as a blank slate from Worldscape, and look how far it's come. You should be excited to see some code, because its the foundation and building blocks for every update to come. With the new framework, it'll make developing the server so much easier and give Ryan Kevin and myself as owners the capabilities to assign different tasks to different developers and lock certain things to keep them focused on the task at hand so they dot get distracted by something else. The three of us set down together and said we are going to refocus all of our efforts onto runerebels, to make it succeed. When we did that with Worldscape, it worked. When we did it on runerebels the first time, we for about 2-3 straight months had 100-200 players on at peak times. So, if you're going to relate things to the past, do so in a positive manner! We do take constructive criticism, but only when it is constructive! There's multiple people here who've been around for YEARS, and they've seen what allgofree can do when we put our heads to it, and that's what we're doing and what were going to accomplish is going to be amazing!

Go team!
'MURICAAAA FUCK YEAAAAAAA!
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Janloom

• Rebel Leader

• Huh? What?

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2013, 07:22:38 am »
I do think it's bit silly to be cynical about a game we are painstakingly being given for free, with no commitment to play it or pay for it - I'm happy with what we currently have (evidenced by me continuing to play  ;D) so any news that things will be added and fixed is more than welcome.

That said, I can see Vanguard's apprehension simply because of the often chaotic nature of RSPS management - it's easy to get burned by putting lots of time into a toon on a server that winds up being scrapped, hacked, DDoS'ed into oblivion or revamped for the worse.

Still - I'm behind the staff and server 100%, and I hope the development team roster gets appropriately filled and we can all enjoy 2k6scape in it's true glory.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2013, 09:25:52 pm »
You guys = Pure Gold.

You can do this honestly, this server has gone so far, people said it wouldn't last, and look, it has! I'm glad there is no server reset and stuff, and i will be online grinding my combat level 100 goal as soon as the game is up.

You admins and developers are so devoted to this game that it's crazy, keep the good news coming, we can wait for RuneRebels 2.0 :D

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2013, 09:28:40 pm »
It's nice to see something happening behind the scenes.

As always I'll be keeping a watchful eye over all the action ;)

Well hello sir. Where is that long anticipated RuneRebels progress video i've been waiting for (For almost 5 months) ?

Hmmm?

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2013, 10:02:24 pm »
Lol, completely off topic but at one point when RuneRebels was being attacked, I had 3 of my e-mails, Facebook, RR account, WS account, YouTube, 2 RS accounts, and MoparScape account hacked.

Gamecube

• Rebel Leader

• Vanguard of Armadyl

• Personal Text
    Master Divineer.
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2013, 11:20:12 am »
It's nice to see something happening behind the scenes.

As always I'll be keeping a watchful eye over all the action ;)

Well hello sir. Where is that long anticipated RuneRebels progress video i've been waiting for (For almost 5 months) ?

Hmmm?

Haii Revenge :3

It's been on my mind over the past couple of months and it's just something that at this moment in time with such a big change happening over the server, I'd rather wait until 2.0 is released. So depending on how long it is before 2.0, you're likely to see a new video at the dawn of 2.0! :D

¸·¹¹·.„¸„' .. ¸' ......... Respèçt døêš ñõt grðw óñ trëèš' ......... '¸ .. '„¸„.·¹¹·¸
'.„„. .'„¸¸,.·¹°¹, ...... 'Ýõù mûšt šöw thé šèêdš ýøûršëlf' ...... ,¹°¹·.,¸¸„'. .„„.'
.............. '„¸„' Øñlÿ théñ wìll ýõù rêåp †hë réwàrdš ît brïñgš '„¸„' .....

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2013, 06:45:43 pm »
Lol, completely off topic but at one point when RuneRebels was being attacked, I had 3 of my e-mails, Facebook, RR account, WS account, YouTube, 2 RS accounts, and MoparScape account hacked.
Yeah, it was fun being on your stuff while it lasted... I mean, WHAT!!?? Oh Who could have possibly done this to you! What monsters!
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Maxirune94

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Keep it rebel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2013, 12:46:05 pm »
KEEP IT GOING! great job guys.... really great job! i´ve been on a resting-period, but ive not quitted, so im really looking forward to rr2.0!
Keep it rebel!

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2013, 11:43:49 am »
Glad to see that change is undergo. Even though I never play I'm still excited for whats in store.

Muted Man101

• Rebel Recruit

• My name is James. Call me Mk. Yes, there are multiple James' here.

• Personal Text
    Why would I tell you? What do I gain in return?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2013, 12:58:45 am »
A massive face-lift? Very nice!

It's great to see progress! Keep on going, you guys have done a spectacular job! :D
Hmm.. All ideas have consequences, at least, according to philosophy.. I don't study philosophy though, isn't that a bit peculiar?

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2013, 09:10:56 pm »
I couldn't log in for the past days, is it only me? o.o

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2013, 09:25:03 pm »
I couldn't log in for the past days, is it only me? o.o

Servers are currently down for maintenance. We will more than likely bring it back soon and launch it as "Beta" no longer Alpha. But We do have every intention on an official launch by January 2014. But the game will not be offline that entire time. The game should be up really soon (Like a few days)