Author Topic: A price check and discussion of Bunny Ears and future Rare's  (Read 2132 times)

Janloom

• Rebel Leader

• Huh? What?

• View Profile
A price check and discussion of Bunny Ears and future Rare's
« on: August 12, 2013, 08:17:33 am »
Firstly - the one person I know who's managed to purchase a pair recently bought theirs for 1 Million gp, yet every time I've pursued a seller, even people who have multiples are asking for 5 million gp.

Is their a rough estimate of how many there are in circulation? I can understand investing in rares, whether to sell them later on and bankroll expensive skills or to just hold a monopoly on the server, but I'm a bit surprised that people with 3, 4, 20 pairs of these have asking prices that are higher than the top-tier combat equipment in-game at the moment.

So discuss, debate, speculate.

Do you think for example people will relax their hoarding of this particular item once/if new rares are released? Should the next holiday item be untradable? What does Christmas mean to you?

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
Re: A price check and discussion of Bunny Ears and future Rare's
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 10:08:01 am »
As for the amount in circulation currently, I would say there are about 80-100.

As for event items being tradable, I really like the idea! Economies always fascinate me, especially the ones in video games. How can a hat that gives no bonuses, no special use, no emote, and was made to be somewhat of a joke, be one of the rarest most expensive items in a game? It's all about the treasure factor. How unbelievably hard to find it is. And I think that's a magical thing  8).
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 02:47:40 pm »
I think there should be at least one untradable rare so it shows how long we've played.

As for bunny ears. I guess 1 mill is a good price since a good number of players that were around when bunny ears came out don't play very much anymore. 5 million, yeah... too much. I traded bunny ears when they came out for like 200-250 green d hides but I only have 2 left. I'd prefer to barter if I sell another pair though.

And Christmas...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:54:32 pm by N0va »

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 03:55:35 pm »
They have slowly but surely been increasing over the months. When i bought a second pair of bunny ears i invested a rough 250k into them. Now that they are worth 1m I have made more than 100% profit. I suggest investing into bunny ears now because later on, they will be even rarer and even more expensive rofl.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Charles

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Smitten with a knitten kitten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 11:56:17 am »
The only "rare" i have questions about is the War ship. Since it actually never was released in Runescape 2 and only obtainable in Runescape Classic will the spawn be available for everyone within Gnome Stronghold :)?
I've got to admit that it boggles my mind that Jagex added toy items in the first place.
Going onto the internet into a virtual world and fantasizing about your virtual character venturing the seas on a War ship! That a person even can have such a abstract imagination blows my mind! With that said, James i want a war ship so that i too can dream of venturing the seas with my avatar and i must point out that it is Untradeable.

Janloom

• Rebel Leader

• Huh? What?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 12:02:42 pm »
and the display tea, you mustn't forget the display tea!

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 12:06:49 pm by Janloom »