Author Topic: Innocent SEAL gets 82 years while Murderer gets 72  (Read 5735 times)

Transcending

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Innocent SEAL gets 82 years while Murderer gets 72
« on: August 08, 2013, 10:03:44 pm »
This is my 2nd cousins case It would be much appreciated if you took the time to watch the very informant video and signed the petition. http://freedusty.org/
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 02:41:34 pm by Transcending »

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
Re: Innocent SEAL gets 80 years while Murderer gets 20
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 11:59:08 pm »
What he is accused of is totally unjustified and to see that he is your second cousin is truly painstaking. If i were to see a family member go through this i would be outraged. I signed the petition. I hope your cousin will be released.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Sean

• Veteran
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: Innocent SEAL gets 80 years while Murderer gets 20
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 01:46:27 am »
I've signed the petition. I hope they do something about this.

Also, don't you mean "Innocent SEAL gets 82 years while Murderer gets 72"?

Transcending

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Re: Innocent SEAL gets 82 years while Murderer gets 72
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 02:42:14 pm »
Yep, thanks guys I appreciate it. I fixed it Sean =P

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 05:28:42 pm »
I didn't watch the video but I did read the article. I don't agree with Dusty getting more years than the murderer but because he helped the murdered dispose of the body, regardless of SEAL code, he's just as guilty as Brown.

Accessory after the fact: "This offense is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 12 months in jail," isn't it half the murderers jail time?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 05:34:00 pm by N0va »

Transcending

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 11:25:28 pm »
You should watch the video, btw he was 20 years old and had everything going for him, you can't tell me that you wouldn't have been in a panic. Many have gotten less years and have done more.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 02:16:21 am »
You should watch the video, btw he was 20 years old and had everything going for him, you can't tell me that you wouldn't have been in a panic. Many have gotten less years and have done more.

It doesn't matter if he was 20, 60, 18. He's a legal adult. He was willing to keep the woman's death a secret. 8 full days before telling police is proof of that. He made a poor decision and it cost him jail time. I don't always agree with court decisions, such as him getting more years than Brown, but that doesn't hinder the fact Dusty accompanied Brown to hide a body.

The article presents false information saying that he would only get 12 months of jail time for Accessory After the Fact. I had to double check because I've read something similar to this before a long time ago. Also, I just watched the video.

"Except as otherwise expressly provided by any Act of Congress, an accessory after the fact shall be imprisoned not more than one-half the maximum term of imprisonment or (notwithstanding section 3571) fined not more than one-half the maximum fine prescribed for the punishment of the principal, or both; or if the principal is punishable by life imprisonment or death, the accessory shall be imprisoned not more than 15 years."

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/3

Zeliounz

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    The voices are growing louder. SHUT UP FAMOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 08:50:26 pm »

It doesn't matter if he was 20, 60, 18. He's a legal adult. He was willing to keep the woman's death a secret. 8 full days before telling police is proof of that. He made a poor decision and it cost him jail time. I don't always agree with court decisions, such as him getting more years than Brown, but that doesn't hinder the fact Dusty accompanied Brown to hide a body.

The article presents false information saying that he would only get 12 months of jail time for Accessory After the Fact. I had to double check because I've read something similar to this before a long time ago. Also, I just watched the video.

"Except as otherwise expressly provided by any Act of Congress, an accessory after the fact shall be imprisoned not more than one-half the maximum term of imprisonment or (notwithstanding section 3571) fined not more than one-half the maximum fine prescribed for the punishment of the principal, or both; or if the principal is punishable by life imprisonment or death, the accessory shall be imprisoned not more than 15 years."

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/3
Thank you for being the only one with a brain, if you hadn't said anything I would've had to take the time to respond.
??!??