Author Topic: Guide to Obsidian Item Prices  (Read 4941 times)

Black

• Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    "Good character, like soup, is usually homemade."
    • View Profile
Guide to Obsidian Item Prices
« on: March 12, 2013, 01:13:50 am »
So a bunch of us have been killing the Obsidian guys and have been getting drops every couple hours. We have devised a guide for the prices so that there will not be competition between us. Here are the current prices we have settled at.

OBBY DAGGER: 100k    1 in stock

OBBY SWORD: 400k     1 in stock

OBBY MACE: 900k      0 in stock

OBBY CAPE: 900k        1 in stock

OBBY MAUL: 1250k       1 in stock

OBBY SHIELD: 1500k     1 in stock

I will update the stock of items for sale from all of us here.  If you do not feel these prices are correct please post that, and include a reason. Thank you.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: Guide to Obsidian Item Prices
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 01:45:12 am »
This is my response.

If all of this is wrong, why don't you give me the correct price and ill put it in :)
How about not having a price guide, and let people pay how much they think something's worth. Values on this server change in minutes depending on supply and demand. You guys trying to buy your dhides at such cheap prices is bullshit. I offer 1.5k for greens and all of you flip at me cause I'm ruining your business. Please just take this down, it really only skews new players into becoming slaves for you making no money.

Black

• Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 02:38:39 am »
This is my response.

If all of this is wrong, why don't you give me the correct price and ill put it in :)
How about not having a price guide, and let people pay how much they think something's worth. Values on this server change in minutes depending on supply and demand. You guys trying to buy your dhides at such cheap prices is bullshit. I offer 1.5k for greens and all of you flip at me cause I'm ruining your business. Please just take this down, it really only skews new players into becoming slaves for you making no money.
You see, that's where you're wrong. They listed prices for very common items that anyone can get. I listed prices for items that only 3 people are getting, and this is so that we don't undercut each other. If you would like to find a better price elsewhere, be my guest. But chances are it's not going to happen.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 10:45:20 am »
This is my response.

You see, that's where you're wrong. They listed prices for very common items that anyone can get. I listed prices for items that only 3 people are getting, and this is so that we don't undercut each other. If you would like to find a better price elsewhere, be my guest. But chances are it's not going to happen.

No, anyone can go kill Tzhaar monsters. Only 3 people? That sounds like an understatement. I can go there if I wanted to but I don't want to bother doing just that. If one normal player has a certain item, anyone can get that item.

Black

• Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 11:49:23 am »
This is my response.

No, anyone can go kill Tzhaar monsters. Only 3 people? That sounds like an understatement. I can go there if I wanted to but I don't want to bother doing just that. If one normal player has a certain item, anyone can get that item.
You misread what I wrote. I said "that only 3 players are getting". I'm sure other people can get them, but it's the same thing as black demons. The only difference is that there is no safespot here so it's very costly with good and you have a chance to go dry for several hours like we do.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 02:37:35 pm »
This is my response.

You misread what I wrote. I said "that only 3 players are getting". I'm sure other people can get them, but it's the same thing as black demons. The only difference is that there is no safespot here so it's very costly with good and you have a chance to go dry for several hours like we do.

1 or 3 people, it hardly makes a difference with the point I'm trying to make with a quote from you from another thread. You didn't want that one guy to control the economy yet you're doing the exact same thing but with 3 people. That's quite the majority.

Black

• Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 02:39:39 pm »
This is my response.

1 or 3 people, it hardly makes a difference with the point I'm trying to make with a quote from you from another thread. You didn't want that one guy to control the economy yet you're doing the exact same thing but with 3 people. That's quite the majority.
It's okay this is none of your business, I have already spoken to OP on Skype and we cleared up what I had a problem with. And low and behold he did the exact same thing as me and made prices for items that he is exclusively making.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 02:50:45 pm »
This price guide may not be any of my business but the other guys thread was none of yours either. Making a thread of what you and him are exclusively making? How does that differentiate from your main argument on his thread? You argued about him having a price guide, yet you've made a price guide yourself. Why don't I just exclusively produce common raw items such as gems, d hides, arrows, logs, etc and make a price guide that two other people and I agree on. It's not like I'm doing anything different from you. Then again, what will other people think of this price guide? They want to buy and sell these items at their own price but my price guide is ruining their business unless I alter my own guide.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:06:53 pm by N0va »

Petter

• Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Puddy' slayer

• Personal Text
    Ur fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 02:58:38 pm »
If you don't want to buy anything, GTFO this post.
"Petter keeps asking me when i'm home, but I don't have a home"-Ryan

Kerser

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 08:29:02 pm »
This price guide may not be any of my business but the other guys thread was none of yours either. Making a thread of what you and him are exclusively making? How does that differentiate from your main argument on his thread? You argued about him having a price guide, yet you've made a price guide yourself. Why don't I just exclusively produce common raw items such as gems, d hides, arrows, logs, etc and make a price guide that two other people and I agree on. It's not like I'm doing anything different from you. Then again, what will other people think of this price guide? They want to buy and sell these items at their own price but my price guide is ruining their business unless I alter my own guide.
Amen.

Black

• Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 08:31:10 pm »
Amen.
It differs because ANYONE can go do that. We are selling items that only about 5 people are capable of getting. Need I say more?

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 08:37:27 pm »
This is turning into a flame war, i'm sorry but i'm going to have to lock this thread.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216