Author Topic: Official Announcement  (Read 6890 times)

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Official Announcement
« on: January 25, 2013, 11:13:43 am »
This is an official announcement by the RuneRebels development and staff team. This announcement is regarding what exactly has been going on with our website and game and why they have both been offline over the past 40 hours. Please read this and spread the word.

At around 8:00 AM eastern time on the 23rd of January, our website and VPS have been undergoing and experiencing multiple, severe DDoS attacks by a third party acting independently and assumed to be pro-ProjectRS06. It was supposedly only going to be a quick tap for "fun," but the attacker (who was asked to do it by a developer of prs06 *NOT MANAGEMENT*) continued to flood the site with a 20gb DDOS. The owner of the rival server ‘supposedly’ had no idea what his developers were contemplating and was very upset and mad at the situation. Regardless, they can portray it or try to justify it any way they want, but all of the people responsible for these attacks and the entire reason why we have been offline for over the past 35 hours is because of the developers, and indirectly the owner of ProjectRS06. As much as he doesn’t want to admit involvement and/or take responsibility for his own developer’s wrongdoings. The developers of that site are under his care and therefore, are his responsibility.

As of right now, we are adding a number of security modifications to our new VPS to try and prevent these ongoing DDoS attacks in an attempt to put both the website and server back online. We have partly accomplished this task, preventing a fair amount of these connections from accessing the VPS. The site, though currently online, has been running very slowly for the past hour, even struggling to connect on most occasions. Though this is the case, we are making progress and should hopefully be online tonight (which more than likely won’t happen), or tomorrow, when these defences have been successfully implemented. We sincerely apologise for all of the inconveniences these ongoing attacks have caused, however, we can assure and guarantee you that once the server is back online, we will be stronger and more powerful than ever before, so incidents like this will NEVER occur again.

Thank you for reading,
RuneRebels Development & Staff Team.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 11:39:21 am by Frell »

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: Official Announcement
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 11:39:46 am »
Edited out assumptions and made it more accurate

Brad

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 11:45:41 am »
those cunts. hope the game servers up soon :-\

Brady

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Boss lifeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 12:15:47 pm »
RuneRebels 4 Lifeee BRAHH!!! I will make a video about this soon.
Need help Send me a PM!

wild

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 01:40:49 pm »
I hate it when people hack, it shows how weak they are.

poltractual

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 02:14:35 pm »
welp I hope nothing happens to good ol' project RS... I would hate to see them be down for an extended period of time...

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 06:30:02 pm »
welp I hope nothing happens to good ol' project RS... I would hate to see them be down for an extended period of time...
Nudge..

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 06:43:30 pm »
Nothing but immaturity from that server, i really feel for you ryan after all the hardwork you and the staff put in and the costs and stuff their just trying to bully us because they have like 2k players they seem to think their server will last they dont do anything to the server except talk about future updates which never happen.

Mimiru

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 06:14:48 am »
It's idiotic not to mention illegal. They don't feel big and think they can bully us. They know we have a much high quality server. I couldn't log in for 2 minutes and not be completely disgusted by there server knowing what this server is. I am completely spoiled. Lets all try to be the bigger people and let this die. What we are doing here is so much better than random updates with out any bug fixes or attempt at caring about the community. This server cannot die it's amazing and I hope so much for the best and have the highest hopes possible. Love, Mimiru

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 10:40:40 am »
It's idiotic not to mention illegal. They don't feel big and think they can bully us. They know we have a much high quality server. I couldn't log in for 2 minutes and not be completely disgusted by there server knowing what this server is. I am completely spoiled. Lets all try to be the bigger people and let this die. What we are doing here is so much better than random updates with out any bug fixes or attempt at caring about the community. This server cannot die it's amazing and I hope so much for the best and have the highest hopes possible. Love, Mimiru

I totally agree with you on that Mimiru. It's stupid to see people and server like Project RS06 attempt to destroy their 'competition' by ddosing a good server like this. It says a lot about their character.

Dug

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Leader

• AGF

• Personal Text
    Teach me how to dougie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 02:58:11 pm »
Lets just put our focus to where our hearts are. Let them be afraid of our success no matter how large or small it may be.
Hi I'm Dug. (wave).

Chris

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Member since June 27, 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 05:35:16 pm »
Lets just put our focus to where our hearts are. Let them be afraid of our success no matter how large or small it may be.

^

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 08:46:04 pm »
That's a very good spirit to have Dug.

Jrub

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Praise ms
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 03:28:09 am »
ironically their site is down right now

dehzyne

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 08:12:29 pm »
great news, i didn't know it was back up until i decided to try the client one last time lol.