Author Topic: DDOS Attacks  (Read 5073 times)

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
DDOS Attacks
« on: January 23, 2013, 05:03:41 pm »
DDOS Attacks

As many of you probably noticed, the website has been down since this morning. This is due to DDOS attacks that were launched against the website by an unknown 3rd party. While in class I did my best to get everything online and working again, and the site and game worlds should be fully functional again.

We are taking further actions to work around these types of attacks, but in the meantime if things go offline, this is most likely the reason why.

Overview of an attack:

Excitement

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Re: DDOS Attacks
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 05:14:28 pm »
Hi ryan I am excitement from the server. Great server u got there! I remembered my friend always got struck with DDoS attacks on his server and I learned a few things like how vulnerable a server/website is and I looked at your website it was quite vulnerable I can tell you how to check it but I dont think it would be handy if I posted it here just pm me and I will tell you :)

tahnycakes

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 05:21:11 pm »
can someone just kill the DDOS Attacker please? I was like dying to get online..

Excercitus

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 05:25:27 pm »
can someone just kill the DDOS Attacker please? I was like dying to get online..
Sure I'll call a sniper.

tahnycakes

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 05:29:06 pm »
Sure I'll call a sniper.

yes please! thank god they got people like you! rep+ :D

Ruby

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 08:06:53 am »
They are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused to the players. Ryan, Kevin, Frell, JT, and Bill are working tirelessly following solid leads and implementing security to stop attacks such as this in the future. They are doing everything they can and there's still plenty they can do :). I'm glad it's currently being fixed so that we can hopefully enjoy RuneRebels as it was intended soon!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 11:50:35 am by JT »

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 09:27:05 am »
Of course it goes back up when I leave for school. Anyway, it's great that the server is up and running!

Bill

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 09:51:16 am »
Of course it goes back up when I leave for school. Anyway, it's great that the server is up and running!

Server's not quite up yet, but will be sooner than later :)

Jer

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 09:53:57 am »

Server's not quite up yet, but will be sooner than later :)

Great news :D

Goobanator

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 04:19:49 pm »
Finished my exams hoping I could play for hours on end and this happens D:?

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 05:07:47 pm »
It's sad seeing a server that would rather attack an opponent than actually fix their own content. I know people are saying it isn't K09 but I do know it's someone on his team, I've been completely banned from his server, both on all accounts and on my IP and any communication I use to have to him including his personal Skype and Raidcall. I at least take solace in knowing that man hasn't a clue of how SQL works and employees developers that can't fix a basic memory leak.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing the server up again without the drama of a skid that paid for some time from a hackforums booter.

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 05:53:52 pm »
It's sad seeing a server that would rather attack an opponent than actually fix their own content. I know people are saying it isn't K09 but I do know it's someone on his team, I've been completely banned from his server, both on all accounts and on my IP and any communication I use to have to him including his personal Skype and Raidcall. I at least take solace in knowing that man hasn't a clue of how SQL works and employees developers that can't fix a basic memory leak.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing the server up again without the drama of a skid that paid for some time from a hackforums booter.
We almost merged with them. They didn't like that we did things in
SQL and they wanted to write all the plugins in Python

Chris

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Member since June 27, 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 05:58:34 pm »
It's a relief to finally find something out. Hopefully everything can get back to normal and the bullshit drama can just stop. Good luck, guy's and i look forward to logging on.