Author Topic: World Select Interface  (Read 2534 times)

Voltimolt

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Hollywood
    • View Profile
World Select Interface
« on: February 22, 2013, 07:45:49 pm »
I thought I'd suggest a world select interface to appear before loading the client to refrain from typing the worlds ip.
I whipped up something quick of what I thought it might look like:

The "remember this world" will save the currently selected world for next gameplay.
Hollywood Boulevard

Francis

• Veteran
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
Re: World Select Interface
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 08:02:17 pm »
This looks cool, I like this idea.
+support
Made in Photoshop by me.

Friend

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 08:12:47 pm »
I like this idea too.  Support!

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 08:14:33 pm »
I def. agree with this, it is really annoying having to type in the ip every time .
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 09:01:23 pm »
The GUI you created really isn't worth it. Simply world 1 or world 2 buttons that set the ip would work IMO.

Sauke

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 09:05:05 pm »
The GUI you created really isn't worth it. Simply world 1 or world 2 buttons that set the ip would work IMO.

Isn't worth it in terms of what? It would take less than 5 minutes to implement.

Voltimolt

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Hollywood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 09:24:10 pm »

Displaying the world selection as buttons wouldn't work out, if the world numbers increase, we'd have to add more buttons (thus overflowing the GUI, so it's pretty much messy)

Displaying the world selection as a list is much neater as you can scroll to navigate the list and select your world efficiently.

Also, display the worlds as buttons will refrain the users from choosing which detail to open the client in.
Hollywood Boulevard

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 09:27:12 pm »

Displaying the world selection as buttons wouldn't work out, if the world numbers increase, we'd have to add more buttons (thus overflowing the GUI, so it's pretty much messy)

Displaying the world selection as a list is much neater as you can scroll to navigate the list and select your world efficiently.

Also, display the worlds as buttons will refrain the users from choosing which detail to open the client in.
The world count is going to increase to 3 as far as I know. Buttons aren't hard to add in java. The list simply doesn't look neater either to me. You can make a tab that scrolls with buttons. That option where the ip and port can be changed on the loginscreen is a feature that came with the client. I wouldn't mind it being removed if something of this sort was added, but it isn't in the way.