Author Topic: To get more players  (Read 3076 times)

Forexal

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Reborn Clan Lord
    • View Profile
To get more players
« on: February 11, 2013, 11:38:53 am »
If you guys want more players, I suggest the things that you work on first are:
Combat and skills.
Project rs is successful with less content, but you can do nearly every skill apart from farming and the combat system is perfect. I'm sure if you focused on skills and combat instead of the start quests first (add the quests in after) then more people would join.
I have joined and I love the server, but my main source of income would be runecrafting and that is about it.

The only things that make me want to leave are:
Runecrafting skill not out
Thieving fail rate is too damn high
Combat seems very .. strange
Range is slow, I mean the knives are slower than a shortbow (shortbow is slower than it should be) and give defence xp
no players

The only things that makes me want to leave project are:
Lack of new content
I gave away my 3m bank because I thought this would be cool (it is, but the main aspects of the game aren't finished)

You have got to admit though, skills are an important part of the game but what is something that the majority of runescape players do?
Combat.
I know there are skillers, but compared to the amount of players of train combat (especially because it is a private server) there are few.

Thankyou for reading

EDIT: Trust me, I'm a no life runescaper.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:44:52 am by Forexal »

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: To get more players
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 11:40:43 am »
Support
The defence exp stuff rly needs to get fixed, im quite sure that many pures quit when they hit 2def cause of the bug.

DJ

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 12:20:54 pm »
Support. Apparently the next update is going to be huge :)

Sir

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 12:37:02 pm »
Support, we need to keep making this server better

Jin

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 01:09:45 pm »
We don't really need more players, isn't it awesome to have empty training spots and a small group of nice people? I prefer that over full training spots, a small core of nice people and a lot of spammers, hackers and *shrugs* bots.

Forexal

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Reborn Clan Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 01:22:31 pm »
We don't really need more players, isn't it awesome to have empty training spots and a small group of nice people? I prefer that over full training spots, a small core of nice people and a lot of spammers, hackers and *shrugs* bots.

And some people like bigger communities, so that they can pk or join clans and have nice public community events.

DJ

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 03:10:27 pm »

I disagree completely here you couldn't be any more wrong IMO. I personally don't think RR will be successful and will probably die out if the player base doesn't grow substantially soon because right now no-one is in the wilderness (Biggest attraction to the 06 era) and the economy is non-existent so what exactly is the point of playing and waste time leveling? The whole thing about 06 was all about the active, big community :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:15:07 pm by DJ »

Gaystings

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Currently not playing the game, just on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 03:20:27 pm »

I disagree completely here you couldn't be any more wrong IMO. I personally don't think RR will be successful and will probably die out if the player base doesn't grow substantially soon because right now no-one is in the wilderness (Biggest attraction to the 06 era) and the economy is non-existent so what exactly is the point of playing and waste time leveling? The whole thing about 06 was all about the active, big community :)
Agreed. We need to get some more players and have a nice economy going

DJ

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 04:03:24 pm »
Yup because quite frankly I could cut 200k mage logs and there just isn't a demand so whos going to buy it? What exactly is the point? :P

Once RR has an established community with 600+ players then we will see the full potential of the server. The only reason Project is so successful is because of the big community even though they have staff leaving every second, a terrible economy and the list could go lol..
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 04:06:53 pm by DJ »

Jin

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 04:05:08 pm »
Okay you guys are right, I just hope the new 900 players will all be as nice as the current 200 :)

Forexal

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Reborn Clan Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 12:22:09 am »
It is good to hear some input about this topic, hopefully the staff.. actually, they probably have read this thread.