Author Topic: Problems running client  (Read 5443 times)

Fate

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Problems running client
« on: February 20, 2013, 08:38:33 pm »
There's something wrong with my Java which won't let me play RSPS in my browser.  I can use the downloadable .jar files and if I double click them, the game won't start automatically, I have to wait about 5 mins and then it starts.  I think something has messed up my Java so that I need to "kick-start" it to start working.  If I try to play anything in my browser, Java will just "crash", so I can only use .jar files.  I tried double clicking the "loader.jar" file, but it told me to launch with the provided run file.  So I did use the run file, though I am wary of that stuff.  It gave me a "java is not recognized as an internal/external command".  I know about the tool that "Lin" from MoparScape has made, but I don't feel comfortable running it, or making manual changes to my Java.

What I'd like to ask is that why does the "loader.jar" file not work on its own, when all of the other RSPS's .jar files work?  For ex. Soulsplit, has a "run.bat" but I never use it, I just use the "play.jar" file.  With the RR "loader.jar" it says that I have to use the "run.bat" which doesn't work for me (that "java is not recognized..error".  Is there any way to make the "loader.jar" file work on its own?

Winning

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
Re: Problems running client
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 08:43:52 pm »
I can assure you that Lin's environmental variable setter is 100% Free of any virus's. And if you were ever to mess up your java, I could easily fix this for you. But using the run.bat is the easiest way to start up the server. But if you honestly don't feel comfortable using Lin's setter, follow this tutorial; http://www.runerebels.com/smf/index.php?topic=2259.0  If that doesn't work, PM me I can help further.
I'm back baby ;)

Fate

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 08:46:21 pm »
Thanks!! I will go ahead with the tutorial, if all else fails, I'll use Lin's tool.  Thanks again, I'll post here if I have any questions/problems.

Fate

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 09:24:07 pm »
Unfortunately, this isn't working.  I'll try the tool now, though i'm not sure if it'll work :(

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 09:43:46 pm »
Have you ever been able to use your browser?  I ask because of this bull with Java right now, I had a hard time getting it to dl/install correctly on my Firefox.  The new update.

Once I was able to get a good dl/install, I had to convince Firefox I wanted to run it.  It was disabled by default.

I have read that many go through a lot of hassles getting their browsers to accept Java.
DesertRain

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free -- JJ

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 10:10:31 pm »
Lol, Lin is mean. :(

Anywhore, its because the client needs to connect to the loginserver to grab all the info needed to download the cache and make sure it hasnt been tampered with.

Fate

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 07:20:33 am »
Nope, her tool didn't work, it says that "Java is not installed correctly", even though I just re-installed Java manually.

Here's the weird part, if I uninstall and re-install Java, everything works fine (NOT the downloadable client), but the web client works fine and there's no "Java has crashed".  But as soon as I restart my computer, its like Java decides to flip a switch and become useless.

I don't really want to keep uninstalling and re-installing Java, there has to be some other way.  I know there's a problem with my Java, I just wish I knew what it was so that I could fix it.  Also, I can't keep my computer in sleep mode forever, I need to shut it down or restart it once in a while.

Any ideas on what I could do guys?

I really appreciate all the help that you're giving me, thanks so much!

Farzeer

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 07:41:23 am »
Nope, her tool didn't work, it says that "Java is not installed correctly", even though I just re-installed Java manually.

Here's the weird part, if I uninstall and re-install Java, everything works fine (NOT the downloadable client), but the web client works fine and there's no "Java has crashed".  But as soon as I restart my computer, its like Java decides to flip a switch and become useless.

I don't really want to keep uninstalling and re-installing Java, there has to be some other way.  I know there's a problem with my Java, I just wish I knew what it was so that I could fix it.  Also, I can't keep my computer in sleep mode forever, I need to shut it down or restart it once in a while.

Are you sure you have JDK (Java development kit) installed (You should install it in Program files folder and not the Program file (x86) if you're using 64-bit windows)? I just tried the tool and it worked perfectly fine.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 11:09:45 pm »

lin is a dude 8)