Author Topic: A way to protect against dying after disconnecting  (Read 1813 times)

Alectrona

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Creator of the RuneRebels Promo Vid

• Personal Text
    Nyan Nyan Nyan Ryan?
    • View Profile
A way to protect against dying after disconnecting
« on: February 11, 2014, 07:37:45 pm »
Hello,
I would like to propose a suggestion regarding disconnections during combat. As many in the server have already witnessed, if a player were to disconnect due to lag during combat, he/she cannot log back in until the fight is over or is kicked by a mod/admin. I personally have encountered many close calls with almost losing my items due to my crappy internet and not being able to log back in. Thankfully, there have been mods online who were willing to kick my account, however, I can only fear what would happen if all mods/admins are offline/afk. If anyone can think of a solution to this problem, please comment below.
Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
Re: A way to protect against dying after disconnecting
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 08:45:13 pm »
Hello,
I would like to propose a suggestion regarding disconnections during combat. As many in the server have already witnessed, if a player were to disconnect due to lag during combat, he/she cannot log back in until the fight is over or is kicked by a mod/admin. I personally have encountered many close calls with almost losing my items due to my crappy internet and not being able to log back in. Thankfully, there have been mods online who were willing to kick my account, however, I can only fear what would happen if all mods/admins are offline/afk. If anyone can think of a solution to this problem, please comment below.
Idk if there is one simply because it won't allow your person to log out when you DC. This is to prevent combat logging. When a mod/admin kicks you it overides that exception. I don't think this is possible :/

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
Re: A way to protect against dying after disconnecting
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 03:54:06 pm »
Would make it too easy for people to back out of PvP fights without losing any valuables I figure.