Author Topic: The BIG problem with this server  (Read 1956 times)

Dior

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Don't forget to call me a loser!
    • View Profile
The BIG problem with this server
« on: February 24, 2013, 09:28:23 am »
All of the pros are in Catherby. They skill all day and night, trying to get 99's. This is good.

However, we had over 50 people come from Projectrs2006 to Lumbridge. All these guys had no idea what to do...and there was absolutely no wealth to go around. Thieving is all they could do to earn money.
More people are coming to RuneRebels, from Proj06 or the 2007 Jagex Server.

Is it right that we just sit around, still minding our own business, when these guys lost their accounts and have to start over?

Wayne

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I <3 Rune Rebels!
    • View Profile
Re: The BIG problem with this server
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 10:35:21 am »
I agree, there should be some distribution of wealth.  But then again, the "pros" own their wealth and we can't really force them to donate to newbies.
Hi, I'm Wayne! *shakes hand / tentacle (in some situations)*

*Former ProjectRS06 player, turned Rebel*

Feel free to add me in-game, I'd love to chat <3

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 10:54:49 am »
No, no, no.  The "newbies" should earn their "pro" status - it's what I have started doing.  I don't go looking for free handouts, and don't feel that the ones who own wealth should feel obligated to distribute what they have earned.

Black

• Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    "Good character, like soup, is usually homemade."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 02:24:42 pm »
All of the pros are in Catherby. They skill all day and night, trying to get 99's. This is good.

However, we had over 50 people come from Projectrs2006 to Lumbridge. All these guys had no idea what to do...and there was absolutely no wealth to go around. Thieving is all they could do to earn money.
More people are coming to RuneRebels, from Proj06 or the 2007 Jagex Server.

Is it right that we just sit around, still minding our own business, when these guys lost their accounts and have to start over?
As someone who feels as if they are "up there" in the ranks of players here, I tend to overpay to people who have less. But now I second guess myself because people who have rich mains counts and are multi logging to become richer end up buying from me. So this is why I have stopped overpaying unless I am positive they are new.

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 02:36:03 pm »
Yesterday i stood in lummy and welcomed roughly around 10-15 people. They were perfectly fine. There was one guy though that asked for money but all that you have to say is a few tips on how to earn money fast. No need to baby them.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216