Author Topic: Some Advice? I appreciate it :)  (Read 1739 times)

Reign

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Must focus on school.......
    • View Profile
Some Advice? I appreciate it :)
« on: January 14, 2014, 04:40:34 pm »
Hello,
I figured out this morning how to actually get the download client to let me play and finished tutorial island! Now I have banked my starting items in Draynor and I logged out because I didn't know where to start and figured I'd start preparing for my courses this semester and jam to some music :p

So my question is: What skills should I mainly focus on to help provide for the economy and for myself? I won't have time to do all of them (past basic levels) so I need to focus on certain skills. First off, I am thinking I should Range since Melee has 3 skills and I would rather not split the experience between those 3. Next is making money and supplying myself with gear/ammo etc. Should I Woodcut and Fletch or Mine and Smith then buy some shafts and feathers? Any basic advice would be greatly appreciated, normally I would just train them all and play for hours on end but I don't have that option so I'm hoping you guys might be able to save me from spending unnecessary time trying to do everything with my limited schedule!

Thank you!
Reign

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
Re: Some Advice? I appreciate it :)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 04:47:45 pm »
Hello,
I figured out this morning how to actually get the download client to let me play and finished tutorial island! Now I have banked my starting items in Draynor and I logged out because I didn't know where to start and figured I'd start preparing for my courses this semester and jam to some music :p

So my question is: What skills should I mainly focus on to help provide for the economy and for myself? I won't have time to do all of them (past basic levels) so I need to focus on certain skills. First off, I am thinking I should Range since Melee has 3 skills and I would rather not split the experience between those 3. Next is making money and supplying myself with gear/ammo etc. Should I Woodcut and Fletch or Mine and Smith then buy some shafts and feathers? Any basic advice would be greatly appreciated, normally I would just train them all and play for hours on end but I don't have that option so I'm hoping you guys might be able to save me from spending unnecessary time trying to do everything with my limited schedule!

Thank you!
Reign
Woodcutting and fletching would be good if you are willing to train magic, but mining and smithing is good if you don't really want to train magic but still want to make money :) Also just mining itself is good money because a lot of us smithers are willing to pay top dollar for the ore haha.

The Vanguard

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Gaze into my eye.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 04:50:37 pm »
I would say flax and BS are always in high demand, probably your easiest way to make to make early money without needing any high levels.
You know that weird flavour in your mouth when you woke up this morning? Yup, that was me.

Reign

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Must focus on school.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 05:22:05 pm »
Thanks for the replies so far! I would probably get a bit tired of doing just one of those I might try and Mine/Woodcut then Fletch and Smith the stuff later! As for picking flax, I think I'll save that for when I can string the higher up bows and until I can safely make it over the mountain!