Author Topic: Make a "Delete account" option in account settings!  (Read 3601 times)

Ammo

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Make a "Delete account" option in account settings!
« on: February 14, 2013, 06:13:12 pm »
Hey, Dior here. I just saw the number of registered users on this game. Almost 15k! As many of you may know, there are only 70-100 average players on the(se) server(s) on any given day.
Furthermore, the first of two accounts I made on this site is a screw up, and I'd rather just delete it and keep my main.

Now to the point.

I thought that more people than me would be comfortable with deleting their "junk" accounts, some with even incomprehensible names and possibly used as bots or skilling accounts no longer in use.

So without further ado, I'd like to say that I myself feel just a little guilt for taking up that one space of a user, that another person could've taken up. If any of you others feel this "little insignificant" desire to permanently delete your junk accounts, please leave a reply below.
No subject here will ever be taboo, even the subject of deleting this very own silly topic.

Sherry

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Croaked the raven,"nevermore"
    • View Profile
Re: Make a "Delete account" option in account settings!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 06:15:02 pm »
I agree, people who havent been here in 5 months should be deleted
Sherry Birkin, United States

Crazy

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 06:18:04 pm »
What if someone scam you and delete your account ?  But i too have one account that i could delete and someone could take his name

Ow

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 06:37:57 pm »
I don't see the point and that idea could go terribly wrong.

Dior

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Don't forget to call me a loser!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 07:16:30 pm »
I'm willing to just let the idea take its course as influenced. By the way, I dunno why, but I forgot to log onto this account when I posted the idea. So, "ammo" would be the account in theory, up for deletion.

Francis

• Veteran
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 08:27:24 pm »
I don't think this is a good idea really, if you get hacked you're completely screwed.
Made in Photoshop by me.

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 08:24:28 pm »
Hey, Dior here. I just saw the number of registered users on this game. Almost 15k! As many of you may know, there are only 70-100 average players on the(se) server(s) on any given day.
Furthermore, the first of two accounts I made on this site is a screw up, and I'd rather just delete it and keep my main.

Now to the point.

I thought that more people than me would be comfortable with deleting their "junk" accounts, some with even incomprehensible names and possibly used as bots or skilling accounts no longer in use.

So without further ado, I'd like to say that I myself feel just a little guilt for taking up that one space of a user, that another person could've taken up. If any of you others feel this "little insignificant" desire to permanently delete your junk accounts, please leave a reply below.
No subject here will ever be taboo, even the subject of deleting this very own silly topic.

There is a problem with that in the way the game relates to the database, including the high scores, so it is not an available option currently, although it might be in the future :)

Join world 2 today!

GoSuGhount

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 08:29:04 pm »
There used to be one... I deleted my account GoSu a while ago.

Desini

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 09:29:56 pm »
I don't think this is a good idea really, if you get hacked you're completely screwed.

If you're hacked, your screwed nonetheless..But if your account is getting hacked. That is your own fault.

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 09:46:01 pm »

If you're hacked, your screwed nonetheless..But if your account is getting hacked. That is your own fault.
not always, people can crack passwords you know. So its not entirely your fault, but it kinda still is because you had a horrible password.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 09:57:42 pm »
Bank Pins would be a nice layer of security. :)
DesertRain

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free -- JJ

Desini

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 10:06:12 pm »

not always, people can crack passwords you know. So its not entirely your fault, but it kinda still is because you had a horrible password.

Yes. Just like what had happened with Projec06 or whatever.  BUT maybe a "delete account option" could have some more added to it. Like in example, if you were to delete an account, you should have to give a reason for deletion. Not only that, but "deleting an account" shouldn't be deleted right there on the spot.  If it's possible, when someone goes to delete an account, it's flagged. Therefore, a RUNEREBELS ADMIN can look who's accounts being deleted & why.   

Forexal

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Reborn Clan Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 12:06:45 am »
Hacker twelve year olds would troll, so this is the worst suggestion I've ever seen for any server in my entire life.

Ghost

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 12:43:27 am »
support