Author Topic: Suggested cause of disappearing resource bug  (Read 1548 times)

Garnu Thorn

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Closed Profile
    • View Profile
Suggested cause of disappearing resource bug
« on: February 23, 2013, 01:04:05 pm »
Now, I've been mining gold and silver at the crafting guild for a bit of time, and even though I don't wait for the rocks to respawn, when I cycle a run and go back to mining, the rocks are fine.  So why is this instance in working order but other instances aren't?

It occurs to me there is a matter of cache error.  If you have no idea on how a rsps is supposed to cache information, stop reading, I'll confuse you with programming jargon.

Anyways, as the map is cached, I think the client is struggling to relay server information on objects for near cache parts, the client thinks it is right, may freeze the cache and give the user misinformation on spent resource on objects.  If I'm not mistaken, the client should keep the near cache map parts as if part of focus parts, then we wouldn't have the issue where the client isn't sure if the resource is gatherable again and only unload them after the player gets too far away.  The only reason my mining at the crafting guild doesn't occur with this problem is because I have to bank so far away that the portion of map of rocks is unloaded from the client and is reloaded after getting back there.  I see the problem probably lies in how the client caches information, and from what I can imagine, it fails to keep near map location as focus basically caching a near location and giving out bad information on return to saved location information, unless it is too far away and then it is unloaded from cache.  Like in Minecraft where you have to be in the chunk radius for crops to grow, or with mod packs, machines to run.