Author Topic: Un-Ids! (Unidentified Herbs)  (Read 3911 times)

Muted Man101

• Rebel Recruit

• My name is James. Call me Mk. Yes, there are multiple James' here.

• Personal Text
    Why would I tell you? What do I gain in return?
    • View Profile
Un-Ids! (Unidentified Herbs)
« on: February 10, 2013, 06:15:48 pm »
Right so, not too sure about the rest of you, but back in 2006, I'm rather certain there were no "grimy ___" herbs. There were however "Unidentified Herbs". Unidentified herbs were sometimes used by scammers, however most of the time used by just your average player to make some money.

Now to my question: Are unidentified herbs intentionally not in-game or was it an oversight?
Hmm.. All ideas have consequences, at least, according to philosophy.. I don't study philosophy though, isn't that a bit peculiar?

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: Un-Ids! (Unidentified Herbs)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 06:19:17 pm »
One admin said they're grimy to prevent scams.

yoloswag666

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Australian Straight Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 06:21:37 pm »
This matters why?
I'm pretty busy IRL so if I don't reply or see something or know something it's generally because of that.

Covetous

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 06:21:44 pm »
Well that's not fun

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 06:23:16 pm »
Right so, not too sure about the rest of you, but back in 2006, I'm rather certain there were no "grimy ___" herbs. There were however "Unidentified Herbs". Unidentified herbs were sometimes used by scammers, however most of the time used by just your average player to make some money.

Now to my question: Are unidentified herbs intentionally not in-game or was it an oversight?

Their there intentionally to prevent scammers, also this makes it easier for herb sellers and buyers :)

Calcifer

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Burn Burn BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 06:26:15 pm »
i do like the look of the unid herbs more, but having the grimy ones makes sense

Muted Man101

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 06:27:57 pm »

Their there intentionally to prevent scammers, also this makes it easier for herb sellers and buyers :)

Ahh... Intentional? Well then that answers the question. Thank you.
Hmm.. All ideas have consequences, at least, according to philosophy.. I don't study philosophy though, isn't that a bit peculiar?

Forexal

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Reborn Clan Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 11:17:12 pm »
You do realise the hardcore 2006 players aren't going to play with things like this, I know it seems small but some people actually like the unids idea better.

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 11:19:55 pm »
You do realise the hardcore 2006 players aren't going to play with things like this, I know it seems small but some people actually like the unids idea better.
Then they can go somewhere else.. it's better to have a helpful community then a bunch of people who like unids because of the "look" or because they want to scam :P
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

The Old Nite

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
    • Rune Online
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 11:50:05 pm »
Then they can go somewhere else.. it's better to have a helpful community then a bunch of people who like unids because of the "look" or because they want to scam :P
Oh dear. I really don't want to get into this one, but it's hard to avoid.  :-X

Muted Man101

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 11:52:23 pm »
Alright, so... My question was answered, it seems the herby deal was intentional. Now, if y'all wish to continue the herb debate, don't let me stop you, carry on. But, for all intents and purposes, the point of this topic has been served. As such, I have no qualms if it gets locked. Cheers, and thank y'all again for answering my question. :)

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 11:57:15 pm »
Oh dear. I really don't want to get into this one, but it's hard to avoid.  :-X
sorry didn't mean to come off abrupt :O i meant to say its better to have it this way so we don't get scammers joining our community :P
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216