Author Topic: New Year, New Behind the Scenes!  (Read 3708 times)

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
New Year, New Behind the Scenes!
« on: January 02, 2019, 10:43:41 pm »

Behind the Scenes! -Jan 2019-

As many of you are aware, 2018 was an exciting year for the RuneRebels development team. Not only did we accomplish our goal of one update per month, we also were able to work in a few extra things such as our Halloween and Christmas events. We started off January with a bang -- our first Double XP event in recent memory!

All of this wouldn't have been able to be accomplished without the excellent guys that I work along with, and I'm ecstatic and excited to be a part of the project again.

HOWEVER, Onur and I were discussing a few things, and it came to my attention that we don't actively involve the community in a lot of the things that goes on behind the scenes. Formerly, we had a Future Updates board that was reserved for Donators, but it has since become a dead zone. Instead of restricting the Future Updates posts to Donors only, we've decided to open it up and just do a monthly behind the scenes.

There is a lot going on in the development kitchen currently, and here is what we anticipate to bring to you in the January update:

1. Slayer Bugfixes

We're aware that Slayer came sometimes be a pain. Getting tasks that seem way below you constantly, tasks that aren't even completable, tasks that when you kill your assignment don't count towards it; we get it. Onur is currently working on the tasks themselves, while Ryan is currently working on a weighting system for tasks. We anticipate this to be done this month, however, due to time constraints it may have to be pushed back.

2. More DOORS YAY!111!!1 (oh, and NPCs too!)

On my to-do list for the month is working on doors for a new area that we hope to introduce in the coming months. I can't go too much into detail, but it's something the entire development team is really excited for!

3. Some new tools for the Quest Editor! (Sean's Fav :D)

Ryan is also working on some new tools to help Sean, Gustav, and Bill work on a few quests. There are a couple that are almost ready that are held up by one or two things, with most of them being held up on a Cutscene Editor to help produce the small cutscenes that you would see in the old 2006 quests. We hope to have this done in January, and if it's done early enough, another quest launched. But again, no promises!

4. And finally, this is more to brag about our development progress this year.

Even though some of the updates looked small, there was A LOT of work done on the backend. In our GitLab development dashboard, the development team as a whole closed 485 tickets this year. Let's shoot for 600 this year and go from there!

Thanks for taking the time to read this guys.

luv u

-Jems and the AGF Development team

Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

typherium

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: New Year, New Behind the Scenes!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 03:38:55 pm »
holy shit. you guys are awesome and i'd love to support you! keep up the good work and let the community know what we can do for you!

can i get a cheers to the development team please!?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 06:30:33 pm by typherium »

Muse

• Rebel Leader

• kastom titel?

• Personal Text
    If Vatican then I can too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 06:08:23 pm »
Nice to see this precious server constantly developed :) thank you for everything team and I believe proper tools are no less important than content, sharp knife makes better cook like the saying goes.

typherium

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 06:30:55 pm »
CHEEEEEERS!!!!!

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 01:36:31 am »