Author Topic: RuneRebels Castalia (2.8) - Rescue Mission  (Read 4710 times)

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
RuneRebels Castalia (2.8) - Rescue Mission
« on: November 30, 2018, 01:32:46 am »
RuneRebels 2.8 Castalia

After finally getting out of the Abyss, the RuneRebels team went back to the developer headquarters and crashed for a good rest. The holiday season was coming up, which is always a favorite time of year for the team. Bill and Onur planned to make a big ass turkey for Thanksgiving, and had Ryan PM the Freaky Forrester to see if he could set aside one of the bigger turkeys for the RuneRebels Thanksgiving Feast. All was going according to plan, and Sean got started on baking up some yummy pies in the kitchen. However, just as Sean was pulling his first mouthwatering Redberry Pies from the oven at around 2 AM, he heard quiet a bit of noise outside the door, along with what sounded like the fumbling of keys. He quickly grabbed Ryan from the Disney Dungeon where he was watching movies, then grabbed Bill and Onur from Bill's Blunt Shop where they were doing some baking of their own. "Guys, I think someone is trying to break into the Dev House" said Sean. They all quickly ran back upstairs, where they noticed a figure had already entered the doorway. They stood in silence as the figure moved into the light and it became clear who had just entered the house. "Whats up guys, I'm back from the store!" said James. "JAMES??" the entire team yelled out in unison. "You've been gone for like, a year man" said Onur. "I guess I lost track of time a bit at the bar" said James; "but my key still works! Is all my stuff still in my room?" continued James. "Oh yeah, its exactly as you left it; we don't do much cleaning here" said Ryan. "Its good to have you back man!" exclaimed Bill. "Oh shit, don't we have to release an update now?" said Sean. "Oh crap, its almost the end of the month!" said Ryan. "Don't worry, I have just the thing" said Sean as he pulled out a slightly dusty Quest scroll from his bank chest. There were a few small pieces missing from the Quest, so Onur went to his arts & crafts room to grab some extra dialogue lines and Ryan grabbed a bit of code glue from the cabinet. After fixing up the Quest, they put it in the mailbox for Postie Pete to pickup for the next update and headed back into the kitchen to bake more delicious pies!
- The RuneRebels Dev Team

All kidding aside, we would like to welcome back James to the RuneRebels Team from his extended leave of absence. ;) We've missed you!

The Prince Ali Rescue Quest has been added! Do you have what it takes to help save the prince from his royal mistakes?

Quests:
Added the Prince Ali Rescue Quest.

Slayer:
Fixed various Slayer tasks that would be assigned but not be able to be completed.
Started on the weight system for tasks so some tasks are more common than others.

Code: [Select]
Marshmallow's summary for the Castalia release:

Game Engine:

Libraries:

Plugins:
Quests: merge 1 commit into master
RuneRebels: merge 4 commits into master
Slayer: merge 91 commits into master

Total: 96 commits

« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 09:12:33 pm by Ry60003333 »

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
Re: RuneRebels Castalia (2.8) - Rescue Mission
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 09:26:33 pm »
holy shit I thought James was that dad who goes out to buy cigarettes one day and never comes back

11/10 updoot as always gentlemen

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 10:41:57 pm »
holy shit I thought James was that dad who goes out to buy cigarettes one day and never comes back

11/10 updoot as always gentlemen

hard liquor one day and never comes back*
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Wirt

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    -psst- over here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 02:39:34 am »
Thanks for the update guys :) solid content

Charles

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Smitten with a knitten kitten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 06:45:23 am »
Time to see if anything got by the mosquito net.

Dug

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Leader

• AGF

• Personal Text
    Teach me how to dougie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 06:48:00 am »
Huzzah! The oldies are storming back!! Feels hella good <3. I absolutely love the logistical terminology ;D!
Off I go to rescue the prince, and then the world!
Hi I'm Dug. (wave).

chrisc70

• Donator
  • Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Always grinding..
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 07:56:48 am »
Wonderful update guys, love the storyline XD... Nice to see how the server is progressing, keep up the good work :)

Flustered

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Designated Memer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 11:14:12 am »
Lets go rescue a prince boys!