Author Topic: Changing weapons changes attack style?  (Read 2464 times)

chrisc70

• Donator
  • Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Always grinding..
    • View Profile
Changing weapons changes attack style?
« on: December 19, 2018, 08:11:18 am »
Hey guys its Chrisc70 (Chris is my true name..)

So, I've always thought that when you switched weapons/staves/bows, your attack style always stayed what it was on, or at least close to it if it goes from 4 to 3 attack styles? But I'm currently trying to complete my slayer task of Jellies and when I switch to my fire staff (to alch) from my d long it changes to accurate instead of defensive.... Shouldn't it stay on defensive? Because when I switch back to my d long it's still on accurate.

typherium

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: Changing weapons changes attack style?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 12:11:46 pm »
yes sir, there is a small bug regarding your offensive position when changing weapons. it's pretty scattered with many possibilities so it's hard to find which one does what. i say just double check before you start attacking, the devs will work this one out probably soon.

chrisc70

• Donator
  • Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Always grinding..
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 07:25:32 pm »
Yeah that's what I've been having to do every time is switch attack styles manually lol, it's fine just another small bug that I guess needs to be worked out..

Flustered

• Rebel Captain

• Designated Memer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 09:23:28 pm »
Hey guys its Chrisc70 (Chris is my true name..)

So, I've always thought that when you switched weapons/staves/bows, your attack style always stayed what it was on, or at least close to it if it goes from 4 to 3 attack styles? But I'm currently trying to complete my slayer task of Jellies and when I switch to my fire staff (to alch) from my d long it changes to accurate instead of defensive.... Shouldn't it stay on defensive? Because when I switch back to my d long it's still on accurate.

Thanks for reporting this bug, the developers are actually aware of this happening with some weapons and will hopefully be fixed soon :)

reference: blitz/engine#279