Author Topic: Ring of Life  (Read 4307 times)

typherium

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Ring of Life
« on: June 11, 2018, 02:14:21 pm »
as onur knows, i have had some trouble with the ring of life. i thought it worked at about 11 hp, so i was g
oing to take advantage of that because i forgot my teleport. i get down to 8 out of 80 hp, and a hellhound lands
 a couple 0's. i'm expecting a teleport, and another zero later i realize oh shit. before i could react i died an
d lost my crap. upset i told onur. again at the same spot, the ring of life activated at 14 hitpoints. which i thin
k would work perfectly for 99 hp. now another instance that confirms the ring of life is not coded correctly will be
 displyed here. so of course, i had one hellhoud left to kill from all that bullshit so i went back to slay it. i
 thought i'd slay some blacks while i was there . the black hit me once or twice and the ring of life initiated at
 27 hitpoints. onur, the ring is completely coded incorrectly and i don't see why a refund of a couple menial items
 is such a huge deal, considering the corrupted code.
the second pic is from a blue dragon
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 12:41:31 pm by typherium »

typherium

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: Ring of Life
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 02:23:39 pm »
i'm upset because everybody is explaining the functions of how the ring works, when it works incorrectly, and yet i know more about the functions of the ring than anyone else.

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 02:24:58 pm »
Since we're in beta you should expect some bugs. Since the beginning of the game we've stated that we won't do refunds. No matter what the case is.
It would be too much work to verify all this happened for every report so we will refrain from ever doing this.

This has also been forwarded to ryan for further investigation, will keep you guys updated

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

typherium

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 02:29:14 pm »
Since the game is in beta, and were testing the game for free, along with donations towards you guys, i feel a simple reimbursment is no big deal. we are all here to play the game for fun, relax and have a good time. i'm not having a good time when i loose my shit to a bug and its a huge deal for a couple items. your lucky i had backup of all of the items i lost or i'd be extra mad

typherium

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 02:30:02 pm »
your in alpha stage if the game isn't finished once over yet.

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 02:32:56 pm »
We won't do this, whatever the case is. You just have to be extra careful with the current game mechanics.

There's no need in discussing this

also:
"Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs"
Like I said, we're in beta. This was officially announced aswell.

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

typherium

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 10:36:23 pm »
thanks for your help on the topic.

typherium

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 12:21:18 pm »
so if the ring activates at 10 percent, 8 out of 80 like i was, exactly 10 percent, why did i die and loose all my shit? then the ring works at like 14 and 26? and all you can tell me is to watch out and be aware and be careful? so here you are explaining how the ring works when it doesn't work correctly. just change the name of the ring to the ring of loose all your fucking items. then i have everyone telling me it works at 10 percent when it works at closer to 35 percent. i really don't see how i'm being unreasonable. and its really not the fact that i lost a few items, its the lack of support and care.  so now i have to go grind some glitchy tzharrs which are coded incorrectly for 50k kills to get a stupid obby cape back. the ring worked well a number of times, but now it's just out of control man. so i want to say thank you for all the awesome support and feedback. thanks for everything you've done to help the matter. and here i spent my time to vote for the server once a week.

typherium

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 12:31:26 pm »
you guys barely have a community, and this kind of crap is what makes people leave, and this is what makes servers die. thanks.

Dug

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Leader

• AGF

• Personal Text
    Teach me how to dougie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 09:23:45 am »
Since the game is in beta, and were testing the game for free, along with donations towards you guys, i feel a simple reimbursment is no big deal. we are all here to play the game for fun, relax and have a good time. i'm not having a good time when i loose my shit to a bug and its a huge deal for a couple items. your lucky i had backup of all of the items i lost or i'd be extra mad
"Your lucky"? Are you serious right now coming at the development team as if it sounded like a threat?
I don't mean to bust your buttons but you shouldn't be aggressive about a bug.. they do care about this community and fixing bugs but you're approach needs to be reinterpreted.
Hi I'm Dug. (wave).

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 01:19:27 pm »
you guys barely have a community, and this kind of crap is what makes people leave, and this is what makes servers die. thanks.

I hate to be blunt here but at the end of the day this is just a game. Yes, we all would like to see a bug free game but the developers have been working on this project in their free time. Ranting about this and about the community in general isn't going to fix anything.

Over the past few months we have seen more progress than we have over the last 2 to 3 years. I am very grateful for that, this bug has been filed and hopefully it will be fixed at some time in the near future.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 01:21:41 pm by edub »

typherium

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 01:16:04 pm »
you should have said the ring doesn't work correctly instead of dancing around the subject for 3 miles to find out your all wrong about your own explainations. "it works at 10 percent" no it clearly does not.  so i have the developers tell me how it works. then it works incorrectly. you shoulda just said it didn't work. thats also why i'm upset.

Flustered

• Rebel Captain

• Designated Memer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2018, 08:22:16 pm »
Thanks, this has been forwarded to the developers.

Reference: blitz/engine#167

- Flustered