Author Topic: incorrect clicking input  (Read 6259 times)

typherium

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
incorrect clicking input
« on: May 13, 2018, 02:19:16 pm »
My friend wanted to get back into rune rebels and had a hard time getting the client to work, but eventually got it to work. when we finally got it to work, the clicking was incorrect during gameplay. Windows 7 Premium. Java version 8.0.1710.11.
when you left click it works fine. when you right click it acts as a normal left click, therefore you can not bring up any options menus. when you change the mouse input to one button in the settings, it still does not bring the the options menus and acts up still.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 06:06:51 pm by typherium »

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: incorrect clicking input
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 12:35:34 am »
This is very odd; Can you try uninstalled all versions of Java and then install JDK 8u171 from this page and after installing that see if it works? ;D

typherium

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 02:39:03 pm »
my friend un installed every single thing that used a java runtime enviornment. took off every single version of java. everything java related was removed. i don't remember which one it was, but ryan told me in game to try a specific version. we tried that version, along with a couple newer and a couple older, and still had the same problem each time. re downladed the client a number of times as well. we are positive it is java or the client because his mouse works correctly. in fact we have several. the right click functions work fine outside of the client. he's even tried another rsps and we both play oldschool and it works fine. my friend israel is going to take a look, he's brilliant with computer stuff, unlike me. i have to ask what windows he's on, 7 for sure, but idk if its ultimate or what. i think its premium or ultimate. i just striped raided my comp and he said do the one he was on, so i think its premium. let me know if you need any more information. trying my best to figure this one out and give as much info as possible. personal thanks to the whole team for your support. my friend really wants to join again, so please see what you can do. thanks guys have a nice day.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 11:15:13 am »
my friend un installed every single thing that used a java runtime enviornment. took off every single version of java. everything java related was removed. i don't remember which one it was, but ryan told me in game to try a specific version. we tried that version, along with a couple newer and a couple older, and still had the same problem each time. re downladed the client a number of times as well. we are positive it is java or the client because his mouse works correctly. in fact we have several. the right click functions work fine outside of the client. he's even tried another rsps and we both play oldschool and it works fine. my friend israel is going to take a look, he's brilliant with computer stuff, unlike me. i have to ask what windows he's on, 7 for sure, but idk if its ultimate or what. i think its premium or ultimate. i just striped raided my comp and he said do the one he was on, so i think its premium. let me know if you need any more information. trying my best to figure this one out and give as much info as possible. personal thanks to the whole team for your support. my friend really wants to join again, so please see what you can do. thanks guys have a nice day.
may I ask what client you are using? Are you using the .exe launcher or the .jar launcher?

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 12:23:36 pm »
Sadly we have still been unable to reproduce this; can we send a RuneRebels tech to the location to diagnose?  :)

typherium

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 12:20:14 pm »
yes sire, you may team view or other likes to check out the problem.

typherium

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 08:16:20 pm »
i'd have to check but it was using whatever came in the zipped folder from download the client.
in fact, my friend today, wanted to check out runescape. i told him about rune rebels and he wanted to check it out. again, i'm still living with my room mate and his computer is still doing the incorrect clicking inputs. again if you left click it acts fine. but if you right click it acts as a normal left click. so you can not rick click anything and bring up the options. when you change the mouse button settings it still doesn't work properly. i wanted to get my friend on my room mates computer since he wasn't home but i forgot the clicking thing is still a problem. so i wanted to see if you guys could still look into this one for me.

also on another note, is there a mobile service for rune rebels? please answer with most detail. sorry to get off topic.

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 02:50:27 pm »
i'd have to check but it was using whatever came in the zipped folder from download the client.
in fact, my friend today, wanted to check out runescape. i told him about rune rebels and he wanted to check it out. again, i'm still living with my room mate and his computer is still doing the incorrect clicking inputs. again if you left click it acts fine. but if you right click it acts as a normal left click. so you can not rick click anything and bring up the options. when you change the mouse button settings it still doesn't work properly. i wanted to get my friend on my room mates computer since he wasn't home but i forgot the clicking thing is still a problem. so i wanted to see if you guys could still look into this one for me.

also on another note, is there a mobile service for rune rebels? please answer with most detail. sorry to get off topic.

If you want, just send the mouse (if it squeaks) to tech support, and take a picture of the port used.  We'll fix the mouse and see if nothing is crosstalking on the port.

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not

typherium

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 04:08:43 pm »
gornu, can you be a little more specific? sorry i'm not too computer literate.
also, we have several mouses or mice in the house man, they all do the same thing. even if it's doing the weird input on my room mates computer, i switch it to mine and it works fine. also his mouse functions properly outside of rune rebels, or else that computer wouldn't be useable! its just inside the game.

another note, gornu, sire, i am ranked 18.

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2018, 02:42:09 pm »
Wel, if the mice just malfunctions in-game perhaps the issue is the driver for the mouse.  Could your friend record what the mice do?  And what's the OS being used?

I was referring to the status of the port the mice plug in to; a photo of the pins the usb uses if they're missing or pushed in, of course Ryan would have to make a special program to record what happens when mouse usage does in game, though, as from what your friend reports, the issue may be in the engine, not the mice....

In other news, I'll reclaim that 18th spot as of right now I'm facing proceedings to the status of my apartment, and if I can keep my place I intend to get wi-fi again at my place and grind up levels again.

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not