Author Topic: Reintroduction  (Read 5747 times)

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
Reintroduction
« on: March 05, 2017, 02:16:52 am »
Greetings fam, I'm buttplug

Some of you may remember me, some may not. I genuinely have no idea.

I haven't played RuneRebels consistently for probably almost three years now, I checked in last August and seem to recall this place being a ghost town.

Checking in today, there seem to have been a lot of updates in the past few months, potentially enough for me to want to play again.

My main point is, I was wondering if someone could give me a quick rundown on these updates, particularly the main/important updates, as I am getting too drunk to read all of it. This would be greatly appreciated.

Kudos to Ry60003333 and anyone else involved in keeping this place alive. I wish I had that type of ambition.

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: Reintroduction
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 07:18:21 am »
Welcome back! Everything was basically frozen for a long period of time, but we are now back to regular, active development. We have an extremely dedicated and talented team and an entirely new development workflow that is extremely organized, so we have been getting a ton of work done in much shorter periods of time. ;D

I don't know if I can easily sum up all of the updates; you probably want to head over to News & Announcements and read the updates starting with the "Ara" release:
Ara
Aries
Aquila
Atlas

Although in a nutshell, the game was updated with all of the engine work that I did for a game called Adventure Guild, which brought a lot of modernization to the architecture. Bill was then interested in getting the project going again, so I modernized our development workflow and got everything organized with source control, and issue tracker, better tools, and so on, and then more and more old team members (and some new ones!) got on board for development.

We've fixed hundreds of bugs in the game, added thousands of lines of Npc dialogue, added a handful of new quests, new features (including the Agility skill!), and many client improvements with the latest Atlas update; and there is still more in the pipeline yet to come!

Famoo

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighborhood Developer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 07:43:19 am »
Welcome back buttplug! Glad to see you here again, and you're right there has definitely been a lot of updates within the past couple of months.  8)

One important thing I want to note is that we now have an official RuneRebels Discord server! Almost everyone is on there and it makes it incredibly convenient to chat with everyone even when not in-game.

RuneRebels Discord: https://discord.gg/XXptEk5

Welcome back! Everything was basically frozen for a long period of time, but we are now back to regular, active development. We have an extremely dedicated and talented team and an entirely new development workflow that is extremely organized, so we have been getting a ton of work done in much shorter periods of time. ;D

I don't know if I can easily sum up all of the updates; you probably want to head over to News & Announcements and read the updates starting with the "Ara" release:
Ara
Aries
Aquila
Atlas

Although in a nutshell, the game was updated with all of the engine work that I did for a game called Adventure Guild, which brought a lot of modernization to the architecture. Bill was then interested in getting the project going again, so I modernized our development workflow and got everything organized with source control, and issue tracker, better tools, and so on, and then more and more old team members (and some new ones!) got on board for development.

We've fixed hundreds of bugs in the game, added thousands of lines of Npc dialogue, added a handful of new quests, new features (including the Agility skill!), and many client improvements with the latest Atlas update; and there is still more in the pipeline yet to come!

Ryan perfectly summed it up, couldn't have said it better myself!
Official RuneRebels Discord: https://discord.gg/49KyKQJ

Charles

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Smitten with a knitten kitten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 08:28:16 am »
Welcome back, but watch out i might sit on you.

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 08:40:51 am »
#TEAMOMAR <3

Welcome Back!

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 09:26:27 am »
Welcome back! So happy so take old players starting to trickle in... We need you guys for support when we start seriously advertising here!

Wirt

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    -psst- over here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 01:41:41 pm »
Welcome back!

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 02:29:10 pm »

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not

Charles

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Smitten with a knitten kitten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 02:21:45 am »
We need you guys for support when we start seriously advertising here!
Bring back Janloom ;_;

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 07:49:43 pm »

Ara
Aries
Aquila
Atlas

Neat, thanks for the info. Thats pretty exciting

Welcome back buttplug! Glad to see you here again, and you're right there has definitely been a lot of updates within the past couple of months.  8)

One important thing I want to note is that we now have an official RuneRebels Discord server! Almost everyone is on there and it makes it incredibly convenient to chat with everyone even when not in-game.

RuneRebels Discord: https://discord.gg/XXptEk5

Ara
Aries
Aquila
Atlas

Ryan perfectly summed it up, couldn't have said it better myself!
Welcome back, but watch out i might sit on you.
#TEAMOMAR <3

Welcome Back!
Welcome back! So happy so take old players starting to trickle in... We need you guys for support when we start seriously advertising here!
Welcome back!
Welcome back!

Thanks a bunch gentlemen, glad to be back

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 08:52:32 pm »
Hey! Can't wait for the 2017 flow of memes. Let them flow! Oh, and welcome back! :D

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 10:43:24 pm »
Hey! Can't wait for the 2017 flow of memes. Let them flow! Oh, and welcome back! :D

thanks a bunch fam

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 11:10:35 pm »
Even though I spoke to you ingame today, welcome back my friend!