Author Topic: My Resignation  (Read 5020 times)

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
My Resignation
« on: March 19, 2016, 08:42:33 pm »
Hey guys,

I hate to drop it off like this, and it's going to be quite long, but I'm going to be as blunt and straightforward as possible. When Kevin got out, I saw my opportunity to speak my mind and do so as well. This will be my resignation.

For starters, lets take a look at the good stuff. I started playing AGF's first server (Worldscape) Back in late 2006 early 2007. Those early days were some of the best times of my gaming life. After playing for a couple weeks, I got to know Ryan and the way way wayyyy former owner, Gizmo. We started talking about the server, ways it could improve, etc. and I eventually received a player moderator spot. After about two weeks of being a player moderator, I became an administrator. After Gizmo did some pretty shitty stuff, Ryan brought Jeremy on as his new co owner, and I was given the title 'head of staff.' Life happened, and at the time I was falling behind in some of my college work and working two jobs, so I decided to give up PC gaming altogether and left. Flashforward to oh... I believe it was 2010 or 2011, and I decided to see if Worldscape was still around. It was, and I got reacquainted with Ryan, and got to know Kevin. I was given my administrator privileges and before long, they both asked me to step up and become a part owner. Around this time, RR was started. I was slow to jump on board, focusing the majority of my attention on a dead game from my childhood, but eventually came around.

WorldScape (and later RuneRebels) has become a huge part of my young and adult life, and for that I couldn't thank everyone enough. I've had a lot, and I mean A LOT, of fun getting to know most of you, and made some great friends along the way.

Now that that's out of the way, I'm going to get to the bad. This isn't attempting to throw shade towards anyone, this is just me being as open and honest as possible, like I've always tried to be.

First, communication itself between Ryan, Kevin, and Myself has become almost non existent. To the point where sometimes, we don't speak for 1-3 MONTHS at a time. I know this goes three ways, but it's still unacceptable, unprofessional, and just downright won't work for an ownership group. 

Second, there have been way too many empty promises made by all of us. I think deep down, we all genuinely wanted to bring RR and WS back. Real life has gotten in the way wayyy too many times, and in my opinion if we can't make time for this, there's no point leading you guys on any farther. The database (that was supposed to be brought back over 3 months ago) was never brought back online. There has been no further development to the API system that was supposed to be introduced over 3 months ago. There has been 0 progress made internally to the server in almost two years. Ryan is working on multiple start up projects and has no time whatsoever for the RSPS's. Kevin is now working on ServerAds, and I'm busy being a grown up. It's just not feasible.

Third, we've been way too dishonest with the majority of you guys, and chased off the majority of our playerbase because of it. The reputation that RR and AGF has right now is pretty awful, and for that I apologize.

Again, I want to sincerely thank everyone for the fun I've had the past 8 or so years. It's been really enjoyable (minus the last year or so), and I'll still be around every now and then. And to Ryan specifically, if you plan on bringing the RSPS's back again, I do wish you the best of luck.

Your alcoholic buddy,

-James
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Wirt

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    -psst- over here!
    • View Profile
Re: My Resignation
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 11:44:21 pm »
Gonna miss you James buddy :(
It's sad to see you and kevin resign but real life comes first as always and if you can't find the time then I guess that's all you can do.

I was honestly hoping in seeing some new staff come in that's eager to get this project going, it doesn't have to be you or Ryan or Kevin..

I'll stick around as long as the server stays up. It's been really fun to say the least :)

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 07:30:32 pm »
I appreciate the honesty James.

I also appreciate everything both you have Kevin have done for runerebels. Honestly I have not been playing as much either due to real life things and other stuff like school and work that's been keeping me busy. I'm sad to see you guys leave, someone will have two very big shoes to fill.

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 06:21:37 pm »
Thanks James for the joys you brought.

Actually, that's two pairs of big shoes to fill...

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not

Muse

• Rebel Leader

• kastom titel?

• Personal Text
    If Vatican then I can too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 09:13:13 am »
It's ok, im pretty sad about that but I understand your decision, all of us have personal important things to do but i bet NO ONE will forget those beautiful times spent on both RuneScape and RuneRebels, those memories..  ;)
Actually I still have hope in this outstanding project, it takes times for changes and I think there's someone out there that could handle it all, someone like us, with a little bit more free time on his hands and a pure vision of a great RS remake, completely oldschool and "yoknowhatimsayinduude" im still waiting for that person :)

Cheers and good luck for you and the whole admin team in your real life, visit us anytime cos we will still wait..
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:16:40 am by Muse »

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 01:21:02 am »
I love you James

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 10:52:09 pm »
It's ok, im pretty sad about that but I understand your decision, all of us have personal important things to do but i bet NO ONE will forget those beautiful times spent on both RuneScape and RuneRebels, those memories..  ;)
Actually I still have hope in this outstanding project, it takes times for changes and I think there's someone out there that could handle it all, someone like us, with a little bit more free time on his hands and a pure vision of a great RS remake, completely oldschool and "yoknowhatimsayinduude" im still waiting for that person :)

Cheers and good luck for you and the whole admin team in your real life, visit us anytime cos we will still wait..
Problem is, said person would have to gain Ryan's trust to the point where said person would get access to the server files. Something Kevin and James never physically accomplished, though they were told they would get access to it.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 12:00:45 am »

Problem is, said person would have to gain Ryan's trust to the point where said person would get access to the server files. Something Kevin and James never physically accomplished, though they were told they would get access to it.

And to do that, you'd have to get him to respond to your messages (looking at around 6-8 months per message). It's not possible. It's time for us all to accept that this is a dead project, and AllGoFree is a dead company.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Charles

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Smitten with a knitten kitten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 03:04:26 am »

Wirt

• Player Moderator