Author Topic: Playerbase Internet Connectivity  (Read 2991 times)

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
Playerbase Internet Connectivity
« on: June 13, 2015, 09:21:26 pm »
In light of current gameplay login issues I thought it may be viable to know what each player has for an ISP you go through.  While a poll could show the general playerbase choice of ISP, I have a hypothesis that Time Warner Cable users are not having problems and those that use a different ISP may have issues.

What I am requesting for active players to reply with is if you use Time Warner Cable or a different ISP for your Internet access.  There is one more request that could be useful in this study: if you as a player here have login problems related to using your provided client to play that usually allows you to login.  The clients in question are either the jave scripted client or the executable client in both as an official download.  The web client version is already unplayable to my knowledge and as such isn't and option for this request.

As a member of staff, I feel that Ryan could use this information even though he didn't request any staff as far as I know to query on it.  As far as privacy goes, I don't think providing the information for my hypothesis invades any person's privacy.

Personally I do use Time Warner Cable and while the game server is active I find that I no matter what I can login with no major errors.

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
Re: Playerbase Internet Connectivity
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 12:26:49 pm »
Maybe this information in my poll could be useless to Ryan, but who knows?

Perhaps since my poll already has around 15 views with no replies, perhaps no one wants to provide that information.

So, I'd like one of the forum moderators to just scrap this topic.

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not