Author Topic: Oldschool Runescape turning free  (Read 6785 times)

Ummagumma

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Oldschool Runescape turning free
« on: February 08, 2015, 12:20:46 am »
I heard that Oldschool Runescape (Jagex's 07 servers) are becoming free. As far as I know members content will be free aswell as f2p. I don't see much of a future for ol' rebels if that happens, especially with the lacking of new content.
The album's title supposedly comes from Cambridge slang for sex, commonly used by Pink Floyd friend and occasional roadie, Ian "Emo" Moore, who would say "I'm going back to the house for some ummagumma".

Michael G

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
Re: Oldschool Runescape turning free
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 12:32:43 am »
lol they added wilderness bosses , and godswords im not going anywhere ;)

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 07:56:03 am »
I heard that Oldschool Runescape (Jagex's 07 servers) are becoming free. As far as I know members content will be free aswell as f2p. I don't see much of a future for ol' rebels if that happens, especially with the lacking of new content.
members content is not becoming free, they'll also be limiting old f2p features

Ummagumma

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 12:56:26 pm »
I hadn't heard much about it so I didn't know, but we do need more content!
The album's title supposedly comes from Cambridge slang for sex, commonly used by Pink Floyd friend and occasional roadie, Ian "Emo" Moore, who would say "I'm going back to the house for some ummagumma".

Pur3 5tr7

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 04:24:06 pm »
I brought this up a while ago too. I also have concerns regarding the RR playercount. However, they're putting the Grand Exchange into the game. It was approved by a player poll of over 70%, but I have a feeling if they keep this kind of crap up people will stay here on RR for what seems to be the legit old school experience. I will personally try out FTP, and I'll report back here and tell everyone how it compares to RR.

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 03:07:40 pm »
Sounds like a good time to get more RR developers.

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 06:07:21 pm »
Sounds like a good time to get more RR developers.
Cough

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 05:04:19 pm »
I brought this up a while ago too. I also have concerns regarding the RR playercount. However, they're putting the Grand Exchange into the game. It was approved by a player poll of over 70%, but I have a feeling if they keep this kind of crap up people will stay here on RR for what seems to be the legit old school experience. I will personally try out FTP, and I'll report back here and tell everyone how it compares to RR.

Give them more and more time and they will continue to muck it up. I will never play any form of rs again.

Pur3 5tr7

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 05:27:25 pm »
Makes me sad though, that they brought something back and messed it up again. Maybe it's the players? The ones who think playing back in 2009 was oldschool, the ones who got off on Bounty Hunter and God Wars as their idea of PKing and boss runs. I think a lot of the real 06 and 07 community has moved on. Jagex only polled 07 server launch because they took down 2006scape.

For what it was worth, I enjoyed the first year of oldschool. I played as recently as last summer. I'll prepare myself for my first login on FTP...

Trubiet

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 12:51:06 am »

Are you kidding me? I don't think i could play on a server that has x1 xp rate. Sooooooo slow.
This is my profile signature; do you like it?

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 03:54:07 am »

Are you kidding me? I don't think i could play on a server that has x1 xp rate. Sooooooo slow.

It's not that slow since there's like quests and a million things to actually do

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 08:06:22 am »

lets face it, they made combat a bit easier by adding an afk method, which can get you maxed cb in 1 or 2 months, so its not that much of a pain in the ass really, but the question you want to ask yourself is do i want to play the real oldschool, or oldschool with a lot of addons (gwd etc etc)

Pur3 5tr7

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2015, 10:45:44 am »
Maybe this problem would be solved if they didn't call it oldschool. This isn't oldschool, it's not 06 or anything like that. It is, however, pre-EOC. I loved pre-EOC. I like godwars, I liked the G.E. All OS is, is pre-EOC, but with the wilderness added back. Honestly, I enjoy playing it, because I never started playing RS till the very end of 06 in December.

If they didn't call it "Oldschool", I wouldn't feel like they messed it up again.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:47:19 am by Pur3 5tr7 »

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 02:45:57 pm »
I loved the old RS until they nerfed pest control, added the trade limits, removed the wilderness and added the grand exchange. I honestly liked the early 2007 days the best

Wirt

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    -psst- over here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 02:55:36 pm »
I loved the old RS until they nerfed pest control, added the trade limits, removed the wilderness and added the grand exchange. I honestly liked the early 2007 days the best
what killed it for me was the menu change. It looked too bubbly for me