Author Topic: Onar, i found something  (Read 12835 times)

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
Re: Onar, i found something
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2014, 02:29:43 am »
Ryans source is not coded the same as every other private server. Most servers in their source have .class files to edit the code, but ryans is actually .agf (AllGoFree) a custom kind of file made by him. The code will NOT at all no bueno work on his files. This is because it's coded COMPLETELY different. so different in fact that it takes a special program which i believe is also made by ryan to even launch the damn file.

So? Changing a file extension doesn't mean much. You don't have to tutor me on how programming works. It can still be Java, and Java is easy and all-powerful. Don't be so naive to think that NO RSPS tutorial could help aid someone developing it. At the end of the day, you're coding an RSPS.. it's all the same protocol.

http://rsps.wikia.com/wiki/317_Protocol

Any intermediate programmer who's determined enough can use that one webpage to create an RSPS from scratch. It isn't magic or creating his own programming language, Ryan's just been one of the few who's been willing to pull it off.
I wasn't even tutoring anybody, I was explaining why copy/pasting code doesn't work. Also, just so you guys know, Onur doesn't exactly code anything. He simply uses the "UI" if you can call it that, to add and plug Npc's, shops (occasionally),  and drops. Anything else he basically can't do. Yes ryan did have a quest editor going, but that thing hasn't been updated in god knows how many months and is collecting dust, and most of the time couldn't do what most quests required in it.
No one else apart from ryan codes atm

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • My Development Projects
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2014, 03:23:59 pm »
Ryans source is not coded the same as every other private server. Most servers in their source have .class files to edit the code, but ryans is actually .agf (AllGoFree) a custom kind of file made by him. The code will NOT at all no bueno work on his files. This is because it's coded COMPLETELY different. so different in fact that it takes a special program which i believe is also made by ryan to even launch the damn file.

So? Changing a file extension doesn't mean much. You don't have to tutor me on how programming works. It can still be Java, and Java is easy and all-powerful. Don't be so naive to think that NO RSPS tutorial could help aid someone developing it. At the end of the day, you're coding an RSPS.. it's all the same protocol.

http://rsps.wikia.com/wiki/317_Protocol

Any intermediate programmer who's determined enough can use that one webpage to create an RSPS from scratch. It isn't magic or creating his own programming language, Ryan's just been one of the few who's been willing to pull it off.
I wasn't even tutoring anybody, I was explaining why copy/pasting code doesn't work. Also, just so you guys know, Onur doesn't exactly code anything. He simply uses the "UI" if you can call it that, to add and plug Npc's, shops (occasionally),  and drops. Anything else he basically can't do. Yes ryan did have a quest editor going, but that thing hasn't been updated in god knows how many months and is collecting dust, and most of the time couldn't do what most quests required in it.

Well copying and pasting isn't what I meant or said. I was talking about following something like a mopar tutorial and making the modifications to fit Ryan's framework. Which is going to be extremely similar to the framework of say, a Project Insanity server.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2014, 07:23:33 pm »
Yeah, no clue what you're talking about.

Not sure why no-one thought of a decent example, I mean come on, blood type A and blood type B.. LOL

Think of RuneRebels as a BluRay player.

Essentially to attempt this would be trying to play a video cassette tape with the said BluRay player. :)

Example

• Rebel Recruit

• Setting the Example

• Personal Text
    Long time no see.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2014, 01:44:45 am »
I'm so damn excited for Cook's assistant!

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2014, 11:12:23 am »

if someone said that anywhere else it would be really odd lol

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2014, 03:13:41 pm »

Anyone who says that anywhere else would be humiliated and ridiculed lol, here its pretty acceptable. Though according to n0va I do believe cooks assistant was completed "a long time ago".

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2014, 10:53:47 pm »

Anyone who says that anywhere else would be humiliated and ridiculed lol, here its pretty acceptable. Though according to n0va I do believe cooks assistant was completed "a long time ago".
Yeah... it was completed a long time ago. No idea why it isn't in the server though :/ I would say pretty much all the F2P skills are done besides the fact that they all need one thing added to the editor for that each quest to be completed.

Spiderjunkie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2014, 03:30:05 am »

Yeah... it was completed a long time ago. No idea why it isn't in the server though :/ I would say pretty much all the F2P skills are done besides the fact that they all need one thing added to the editor for that each quest to be completed.

Cooking isn't even close to being done...
One can only witness so much horror until they are .... I feel that i am on the brink.

Example

• Rebel Recruit

• Setting the Example

• Personal Text
    Long time no see.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2014, 03:51:01 am »

Yeah... it was completed a long time ago. No idea why it isn't in the server though :/ I would say pretty much all the F2P skills are done besides the fact that they all need one thing added to the editor for that each quest to be completed. By the way, I'm gay lol.

Cooking isn't even close to being done...

So, we should probably just start scissoring and gluing the quest into the game, right?

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2014, 04:20:13 am »
So, we should probably just start scissoring
Yes.

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2014, 08:25:41 am »
Yes.

Ah reminds me of those good olde 317 copy and paste days

Spiderjunkie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2014, 11:40:25 am »
Yes.

Copi Pasta :3
One can only witness so much horror until they are .... I feel that i am on the brink.

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2014, 11:55:14 am »
Yes.

Copi Pasta :3

Those old 317 servers bring back memories

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2014, 04:43:20 am »
Yay for technical discussion!

Austin is correct thought, the server base that we use was entirely written from scratch by myself. The tutorial that was posted is for server based off the PI base, which we do not use.

If you want a more technical explanation, our server is based around plugins that run within the game engine that I wrote. For quests, there is a Quests plugin that reads in .RRQ (RuneRebels Quest) files, which are a custom binary format I created that contain quest steps along with dialogue for a quest. The plugin parses these files into actual object code for the server to use. :)

You guys will actually be able to get your hands on these tools soon and screw around with them. 8)