Author Topic: My resignation.  (Read 15773 times)

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
Re: My resignation.
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2014, 11:06:02 pm »
There clearly isn't much life left in this server then.

I suggest that Onur immediately tries to find a new development team once he gets back, and advertising begins immediately.

That's not how it works

The way it works now hasn't done us any favours, has it? No, it has ridden the RuneRebels community of serious players due to it's lack of development, and killed off one of the last remaining content creators for the server, leaving it unfit to continue as a living game.

I have bitten my tongue for far too long, it's about time some serious change comes about, because without it, we are literally doomed.

It is completely obviously that the force for change that the average player possess, including myself, is minimal and powerless, and there is nothing we can do to get this game back on track.

So either it's time we call out on Onur, the one person who is currently able to clean up this mess, despite the fact that it's not his mess to clean up, and we change this so-called way it works, or, every single one of us might as well give up now, and this server's lack of growth will be the cause of it's untimely demise.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:08:06 pm by ZzReVeNg3zZ »

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2014, 11:15:12 pm »

I suggest that Onur immediately tries to find a new development team once he gets back, and advertising begins immediately.

That's not how it works

The way it works now hasn't done us any favours, has it? No, it has ridden the RuneRebels community of serious players due to it's lack of development, and killed off one of the last remaining content creators for the server, leaving it unfit to continue as a living game.

I have bitten my tongue for far too long, it's about time some serious change comes about, because without it, we are literally doomed.

It is completely obviously that the force for change that the average player possess, including myself, is minimal and powerless, and there is nothing we can do to get this game back on track.

So either it's time we call out on Onur, the one person who is currently able to clean up this mess, despite the fact that it's not his mess to clean up, and we change this so-called way it works, or, every single one of us might as well give up now, and this server's lack of growth will be the cause of it's untimely demise.

I meant that it won't work because Onur doesn't choose a team, Kevin & Ryan do. Even with the formed team that you want, they still won't have enough accessibility to code anything for us. They might be able to add npcs, edit some drops and such, but they cannot code quests, change item definitions, make bosses function, make objects do different things, change npc definitions, or anything worthwhile updating

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2014, 11:18:27 pm »

That's not how it works

I meant that it won't work because Onur doesn't choose a team, Kevin & Ryan do. Even with the formed team that you want, they still won't have enough accessibility to code anything for us. They might be able to add npcs, edit some drops and such, but they cannot code quests, change item definitions, make bosses function, make objects do different things, change npc definitions, or anything worthwhile updating

Then there we have it, we're completely screwed.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2014, 11:24:24 pm »
Yeah, unfortunately Onur's about as useless as a bag of rocks when it comes to adding anything but minimal content, much of which will be broken (which is what I experienced.) (Not a diss @ Onur, or anyone, just stating a fact.)
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2014, 11:56:20 pm »
Yeah, unfortunately Onur's about as useless as a bag of rocks when it comes to adding anything but minimal content, much of which will be broken (which is what I experienced.) (Not a diss @ Onur, or anyone, just stating a fact.)

Obviously as you've been here since the creation of RuneRebels, would you be so kind as to write a list of ideas that you have that could possibly help the server?

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • My Development Projects
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2014, 03:00:51 pm »

Oh for fuck's sake, would you all stop sucking Onur's dick? You all just are because he's the only active one left and you think it'll give you good staff rep. Stop diverting every topic back to Onur, god damn. Fucking slaves.

If Onur's the only one with a pulse, why not pull for him...  unless you really want the server to die for personal reasons.  I think some of it too is a bit of an ongoing gag about Omar  :o

Because honestly I'm tremendously unimpressed by Onur. Just because he's active doesn't mean I have to support him.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2014, 04:26:51 pm »
Then support nobody, that's your choice. Your pessimistic outlook on life really irritates me.

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2014, 06:44:21 pm »
Then support nobody, that's your choice. Your pessimistic outlook on life really irritates me.

In recoil's defense its hard to be optimistic at times when nothing is being done for a prolonged period of time. I have certainly been frustrated from time to time, with that being said though with the re-emergence of Ryan and Onur coming home tomorrow I really think the ball will get rolling on.

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2014, 06:53:41 pm »

In recoil's defense its hard to be optimistic at times when nothing is being done for a prolonged period of time. I have certainly been frustrated from time to time, with that being said though with the re-emergence of Ryan and Onur coming home tomorrow I really think the ball will get rolling on.

And in the forums' defense, the negative pissing and moaning is just getting old coming from someone who doesn't give a shit anyway - and that says a lot considering I usually have a pretty bleak outlook on most things in life.  I understand that some veteran Worldscape players got butthurt over stuff - but goddamn, this is a different project with mainly different players who are just looking for a small glimmer of anything to keep this ball rolling.  I understand opinions are opinions, but I would feel like a real dipshit going on a forum of a game I never plan on playing just to spread doom and gloom - and if it's for trolling purposes, then that says enough about the individual - even more pathetic.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2014, 08:19:00 pm »

And in the forums' defense, the negative pissing and moaning is just getting old coming from someone who doesn't give a shit anyway - and that says a lot considering I usually have a pretty bleak outlook on most things in life.  I understand that some veteran Worldscape players got butthurt over stuff - but goddamn, this is a different project with mainly different players who are just looking for a small glimmer of anything to keep this ball rolling.  I understand opinions are opinions, but I would feel like a real dipshit going on a forum of a game I never plan on playing just to spread doom and gloom - and if it's for trolling purposes, then that says enough about the individual - even more pathetic.

You're very wrong. Recoil gives a shit more than almost anyone I've ever met. If you sit down and talk to him, he wants AllGoFree to succeed more than anyone else. He's just very blunt and honest about what he see's going on, which is definitely what is needed, given the slump that RuneRebels and Worldscape have fallen into.

Recoil is one of the top five respected AllGoFree members in my opinion, and that's pretty hard, because over 8 years I've seen quite a few.

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2014, 09:46:40 pm »

You're very wrong. Recoil gives a shit more than almost anyone I've ever met. If you sit down and talk to him, he wants AllGoFree to succeed more than anyone else. He's just very blunt and honest about what he see's going on, which is definitely what is needed, given the slump that RuneRebels and Worldscape have fallen into.

Recoil is one of the top five respected AllGoFree members in my opinion, and that's pretty hard, because over 8 years I've seen quite a few.

Well, since I don't have the pleasure of having a sit down with him, all I can go off of is what is written here.  And for the past few weeks, his remarks have been cancerous.  To the outsider who knows nothing about him, he appears to be a petulant troll.  Bluntness and honesty are subjective, but all I know is that his opinion was that the server was dead and why fucking bother... I would be very concerned respecting someone with a defeatist attitude against the server he allegedly gives a shit about.  But whatever, I'm just here to enjoy what is available and give kudos to whomever attempts to make that possible.

And considering this was your resignation thread, I will refrain any further opinions on this as this should be where people thank you for all the effort that you yourself put into the game.  Feel free to remove any of my posts you deem necessary.

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • My Development Projects
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2014, 10:08:42 pm »
Well, since I don't have the pleasure of having a sit down with him, all I can go off of is what is written here.  And for the past few weeks, his remarks have been cancerous.  To the outsider who knows nothing about him, he appears to be a petulant troll.  Bluntness and honesty are subjective, but all I know is that his opinion was that the server was dead and why fucking bother... I would be very concerned respecting someone with a defeatist attitude against the server he allegedly gives a shit about.  But whatever, I'm just here to enjoy what is available and give kudos to whomever attempts to make that possible.

And considering this was your resignation thread, I will refrain any further opinions on this as this should be where people thank you for all the effort that you yourself put into the game.  Feel free to remove any of my posts you deem necessary.

Have you ever listened to my posts? Everything you've said here I've debunked before. You really aren't trying anything new on me. I feel like I'm just going in redundant circles whenever I post here. :S

Also, why do you keep calling me a troll? I don't troll here more than anyone else. I may be negative or confrontational, but I'm still serious/genuine. The emotion I give off really has nothing to do with my rhetoric. And if you want to talk to me one on one to see what James was saying, then why not shoot me a message? I'm always willing to explain my reasoning. One thing I've never been with anyone here is short or brief. In fact if you do want to continue it'd probably be best to switch to PMs or a new topic because like you mentioned we're starting to derail this one.

And thank you James. <3 It's nice to see someone appreciates what I say.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 10:11:19 pm by Recoil »

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2014, 10:23:09 pm »
Have you ever listened to my posts? Everything you've said here I've debunked before. You really aren't trying anything new on me. I feel like I'm just going in redundant circles whenever I post here. :S

Also, why do you keep calling me a troll? I don't troll here more than anyone else. I may be negative or confrontational, but I'm still serious/genuine. The emotion I give off really has nothing to do with my rhetoric. And if you want to talk to me one on one to see what James was saying, then why not shoot me a message? I'm always willing to explain my reasoning. One thing I've never been with anyone here is short or brief. In fact if you do want to continue it'd probably be best to switch to PMs or a new topic because like you mentioned we're starting to derail this one.

And thank you James. <3 It's nice to see someone appreciates what I say.

I am also one of the people that fails to see substance in your posts. It doesn't matter how respected you are by a small proportion of players, all I ever see you post is to give up, or that RuneRebels "stole" WorldScape from you.

I've confronted you about this on numerous occasions and there's no point even bothering to go into it, but I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you are in serious captivity of your own negativity.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2014, 10:38:52 pm »
I don't see how arguing here will help you better yourself as a person.
Want to argue with someone? Sure go ahead, there's a little box at the top right called "My Messages" use that

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2014, 11:04:51 pm »
I don't see how arguing here will help you better yourself as a person.
Want to argue with someone? Sure go ahead, there's a little box at the top right called "My Messages" use that