Author Topic: We're still alive, and we're meeting up!  (Read 14702 times)

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
Re: We're still alive, and we're meeting up!
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2014, 01:00:06 pm »
I don't think its fair to say this place is dead until the server goes offline 100%. As long as they are still paying for the site and the server is up I'd say its more appropriate to say we're in a coma or on life support

Coffeeccubus

• Rebel Recruit

• Was a scaping Waffle lover, now a Coffee Succubus.

• Personal Text
    The Coffeeccubus!
    • View Profile
    • Old hetalia Site
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2014, 07:12:34 pm »
Hmmmhmm... Update?

Server ain't dead.
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not Waffles?!

ALTS:
Belgium - All
Coffeeccubus - Idk
Divination - Skiller Account

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2014, 10:17:29 am »
I don't think its fair to say this place is dead until the server goes offline 100%. As long as they are still paying for the site and the server is up I'd say its more appropriate to say we're in a coma or on life support

I agree with this, we may be close to "death" but people are still playing and the forums are still active so we aren't dead yet.

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • My Development Projects
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2014, 09:42:56 pm »

I agree with this, we may be close to "death" but people are still playing and the forums are still active so we aren't dead yet.

Confirmation bias. None of you admit that it's as good as dead only because you worked hard on accounts and you don't want to see that go to waste, as if it already hasn't.

Slangin

• Supporter
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2014, 08:59:04 am »

Confirmation bias. None of you admit that it's as good as dead only because you worked hard on accounts and you don't want to see that go to waste, as if it already hasn't.

You're right, because playing any Runescape product / by-product isn't already a waste of time. Since this generally isn't someone's first RSPS, everyone subconsciously considers that they are on a finite scale of time when playing a private server, regardless of the server and its history. We all know playing any RSPS is a waste so why does it matter to you if we choose to waste our spare time with RuneRebels?

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2014, 09:09:14 am »
You're right, because playing any Runescape product / by-product isn't already a waste of time. Since this generally isn't someone's first RSPS, everyone subconsciously considers that they are on a finite scale of time when playing a private server, regardless of the server and its history. We all know playing any RSPS is a waste so why does it matter to you if we choose to waste our spare time with RuneRebels?
He's got a point.

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2014, 11:08:55 am »
He's got a point.

That couldn't have been said any better Slangin.

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2014, 11:37:04 am »

+1

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2014, 12:44:01 pm »
No, it isn't even comparable. Jagex keeps a history of everything for a much longer amount of time. People still remember the name Zezima years later (also partly because the community of original RS is so much bigger than any RSPS) and there is still documentation of people who played RS classic all the way back in the fucking '90s. Case in point, any RSPS, whether it be customized or an RS remake, should just be taken lightly, as in just have fun. Just know no one will remember/see proof how many 99s you have here 5 years from now. Not at all true for the RS community, partly because it's professionally developed and partially because the community there is still absolutely huge.

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2014, 04:26:11 pm »
No, it isn't even comparable. Jagex keeps a history of everything for a much longer amount of time. People still remember the name Zezima years later (also partly because the community of original RS is so much bigger than any RSPS) and there is still documentation of people who played RS classic all the way back in the fucking '90s. Case in point, any RSPS, whether it be customized or an RS remake, should just be taken lightly, as in just have fun. Just know no one will remember/see proof how many 99s you have here 5 years from now. Not at all true for the RS community, partly because it's professionally developed and partially because the community there is still absolutely huge.

You're right. So why in the hell do I see you posting everywhere about how this server is dead and all is useless?  People here are "having fun" as you put it and probably could give a shit about the RS "legends". That seemed like an extremely contradictory post to your previous rhetoric on here.

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2014, 04:40:34 pm »

You're right. So why in the hell do I see you posting everywhere about how this server is dead and all is useless?

Cause it's the truth? I'm not playing in-game nit-wit, I'm correcting people's sugarcoat bullshit when they kiss ass. Pisses me off. Other than that, I couldn't really care if people are having fun.

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2014, 08:36:04 pm »
People are entitled to their own opinions about this server and Jagex. Here's my opinion though, if Jagex's games and servers are so good why do remakes and other RSPS still exist? The reason RSPSs are still around is because of the mistakes and the bullshit Jagex did to the original runescape and now the oldschool server.

Runerebels is by no means even close to being perfect or anything like runescape was back in 2006, but it is a free server that gives some people enjoyable nostalgic of the 2006 days back in rs. We don't have the level of support and development that is essential to a project of its scale. Since I have been here though progress has been made, it certainly has been slow at times but something is better than nothing in my opinion.

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2014, 09:44:06 pm »
Isn't playing any game useless? I mean in theory.

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2014, 09:58:33 pm »
Isn't playing any game useless? I mean in theory.

Yes, you could argue that in theory.