Author Topic: So then...  (Read 24841 times)

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
Re: So then...
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2014, 06:04:52 pm »
I dont like saying it but it's the truth, Ryan needs to sort himself out or hire someone to do his job for him in the time being.
I 100% agree on this. Ryan is literally the only thing stopping runerebels right now.

Well why don't we make Onur owner till Ryan can do shit?

That would not solve anything. Making him an owner gives him no more priveledges than a developer. I know it from experience.

What are the specific things we're waiting on Ryan for then? Because if owner is pretty much the same as developer what is it that people keep mentioning Ryan has to do?
Ryan is the only one with the source code, and of what ive understand, hes the only one that can do big things in the game. The devs can only add small things like npcs and drops (please right me if im wrong, im not totally sure). So we need ryan to work on the project or for ryan to give the code to some of the other owners and devs. But if i dont remember this wrong, no one else than ryan can code in his special way, as its like his form of handwriting (again right me if im wrong).
The original G. Literally.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2014, 06:37:18 pm »
I dont like saying it but it's the truth, Ryan needs to sort himself out or hire someone to do his job for him in the time being.
I 100% agree on this. Ryan is literally the only thing stopping runerebels right now.

That would not solve anything. Making him an owner gives him no more priveledges than a developer. I know it from experience.

What are the specific things we're waiting on Ryan for then? Because if owner is pretty much the same as developer what is it that people keep mentioning Ryan has to do?
Ryan is the only one with the source code, and of what ive understand, hes the only one that can do big things in the game. The devs can only add small things like npcs and drops (please right me if im wrong, im not totally sure). So we need ryan to work on the project or for ryan to give the code to some of the other owners and devs. But if i dont remember this wrong, no one else than ryan can code in his special way, as its like his form of handwriting (again right me if im wrong).

A source code is a source code dude, as far as I'm aware there's no personal style its just general coding like.

I'm guessing its a lack of trust, as the source code is essentially RuneRebels itself, a rogue staff member could completely steal it.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2014, 07:23:08 pm »

A source code is a source code dude, as far as I'm aware there's no personal style its just general coding like.

I'm guessing its a lack of trust, as the source code is essentially RuneRebels itself, a rogue staff member could completely steal it.

WRAWNG. Source Code completely varies from source to source, as long as the sources aren't leached. Normally you'd see .class files, RR does not have those.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2014, 07:55:37 pm »

Ryan is the only one who has access to the source code since it's his, so devs and owners are limited in what they do.

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

The Vanguard

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Gaze into my eye.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2014, 08:13:32 pm »
Why does everything happen while I am working?
You know that weird flavour in your mouth when you woke up this morning? Yup, that was me.

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2014, 08:50:56 pm »
Ryan was in the process of getting plugins out so the other devs can be able to work on more aspects of the game.

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2014, 09:15:09 pm »
I don't see any other way around it. We could all go to Worldscape for the time being? There's no missing content, considering it's not a re-make :P

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2014, 10:11:16 pm »
I don't see any other way around it. We could all go to Worldscape for the time being? There's no missing content, considering it's not a re-make :P

SOUNDS GOOD 2 ME

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2014, 10:47:25 pm »

SOUNDS GOOD 2 ME

Is the AllGoFree Minecraft server still up? :3

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2014, 01:34:33 am »

SOUNDS GOOD 2 ME

Is the AllGoFree Minecraft server still up? :3

I don't think so, haven't played MC in like 4eva

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2014, 08:18:00 am »
Giving the source code to someone else to code would be a good idea if the code itself wasn't written in Chinese-Latin. Apparently it's really hard to understand.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2014, 10:07:34 pm »
Giving the source code to someone else to code would be a good idea if the code itself wasn't written in Chinese-Latin. Apparently it's really hard to understand.
I've seen snippets of the runerebels source code, its pretty understandable.

• Developer
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2014, 07:36:56 pm »
@James

In regard to the server that has 90% completion, are you talking about 2006Revived, as that only popped up a few weeks back and is soaring with interest at the moment, crazy how fast the tides change in this industry haha.
"Soaring with interest"

There's 4 people online as of right now. Please do explain?
Just checked 2006revived out. It seems as dead as a rock.
Well the only reason Revived is dead is because one of our staff members decided to kick me and everyone else off the team and then let the server die shortly after.. :-\ I'm just glad that can't happen to RR.

EDIT: Sorry for gravedigging but I felt like saying that since a lot of people think we just let it die and that's not true at all..
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:38:27 pm by 004 »

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • My Development Projects
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2014, 12:31:48 am »
Saying "a source code is a source code" is ludicrous. There's literally a million ways you could go about doing the most simple tasks. That's why it can be so hard to proofread someone else's code.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2014, 10:51:11 pm »
I've seen snippets of the runerebels source code, its pretty understandable.

The code itself is understandable.

Deciding what goes in what oddly named plugin, and which plugins to actually edit to make what you want work, is another story.

Like, for example, NPC spawns are not located in the NPC spawn plugin, they are located in each individual area (ie rock crabs in the relleka plugin.)

Also, banana bread.