Miscellaneous Boards > Current World Events

Ukraine Plans to Withdraw Troops from Crimea

(1/1)

Cheshire Cat:
Looks like Ukraine is just giving up on this one. Russia REAAAAALLLLLLY wanted that warm water port.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/20/world/europe/crimea.html

Janloom:
This has been a testing of the water, to see just how much the EU will bend - and this gives Putin even more of a greenlight. I don't think anyone believes this ends with Crimea.

The Vanguard:
soviet union 2.0

Austin:

--- Quote from: Janloom on March 20, 2014, 02:38:32 pm ---This has been a testing of the water, to see just how much the EU will bend - and this gives Putin even more of a greenlight. I don't think anyone believes this ends with Crimea.

--- End quote ---
When people say history repeats itself... it really does. It seems like Putin is following in Hitlers footsteps.....

Malathar:
Not saying I am the most educated person on this subject but from what I know about the area the people of Crimea have long wanted to be part of Russia.  I just kind of think that its funny that the EU and United States are pushing to try and prevent this from happening when we are supposed to be supporting the values of freedom.  On the other hand I understand the value of having an ally in control of the region.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version