Author Topic: Playerbase input  (Read 13252 times)

Dev

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: Playerbase input
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 05:04:54 pm »
True. But I think everyone thinks that the content updates themselves are the biggest draw and that goes without saying as the developers are workin hard on that part already. We're thinkin of things that draw in players other than that, I think.

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 09:53:49 pm »
Insinuate a "get it while its hot" sort of idea that the sooner you make an account and start playing, the more training you can get ahead on.
This is a unique idea here, try this along with a stronger social presence. I can't really add on to your guys' ideas because as I was typing my response when the thread was made, 2 people said what I was going to say and more. d:
i support this! Its a cewl idea and the weirdest suggestions usually work. We cant lose anything on it atleast.
This feels like the 2.0 pack, my mates and i worked our ass off to get decent stats before the new playerbase would arrive with advertention, updates etc..
2.0 was not what they excepted and all quitted. I dont care about updates come slow but other players really does.
You can try that idea but in my eyes it wont work, just my opinion.

The difference though being 2.0 was a long term thing and people were expecting a lot more than what was put out.

I remember when I joined last year the main turnoff for me with RR was content being added in tiny bits and pieces sporadically, and I never knew when certain things would be fixed or added (and when such content was added, it wasn't really announced seeing as they were minuscule updates). Now we've got weekly bulk updates in an organized fashion.

Since 2.0 it definitely feels like there is a planned direction with the updates. Every update is a deliberate milestone towards the end result. Before 2.0 it seemed as if holes were being patched as we went along as if the project was an afterthought. The whole thing just feels more involved with itself which is why I don't think that issue will reoccur.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:55:44 pm by buttplug »

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • My Development Projects
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 01:09:20 am »
It saddens me to say I think it's a dead niche. Remakes just don't withhold the hype they used to now that there's so many of them (and let's not forget RuneRebel's biggest competitor, the actual old school RS).

I don't know about social media, stuff can spread fast on the internet at all, but I don't exactly think that creating a Facebook page will get us any players really. Social media doesn't really work that way. Reddit is a little different since so many random links and stories go viral on the front page but most social media is too personal to gain any player base from it.

The good news is besides actually Jagex there really is no worthy competition. The only other main one I know of that still is being run is 06Prime but the owner there is a fucking idiot (I don't even know how he managed to add all the content he did; I went off on him on moparscape because he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about).

Nothing to really do except make a better product than everyone else and just try to expand advertising to things other than mopar. Although I'd be wary of that to since this whole 06 Remake thing is pretty much a huge grey area in terms of legal issues.

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 02:42:54 am »
We should make it attractive for other people to join us and not other remakes, canifis would be a great update, and atleast some dragon weapons :/
aye, and i believe that the only thing stopping us from morytania is a certain quest called priest in peril, am i right?

no, there is a lot more things besides that... after we get our current update target of 2.1 out we'll determine a new direction in the minor 2.1.x updates and a major direction for 2.2- There are several ways we can go in this aspect, as 2.1.x might include npcs that are unreachable, but apart of slayer, and drops fixed for those npcs, as we plan for new areas to be released. These 2.1.x updates will be slow because of the amount of time it'll take to spawn the npcs properly, spawn the non-attackable npcs, gather any dialogue required, gather mechanic information about said location (like for the desert, the whole not dying from heat thing, or canafis, random things attacking you while running through the swamp, making sure the slayer master works, slayer tower drops are set properly, etc.)

Once we release 2.1 we'll be taking a small break minus any major bugs that need to be patched (read: 2.1.1). Then we'll all sit down and decide our priorities and lay out the next few minor updates, and what those updates will be leading up to :)

Join world 2 today!

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2014, 05:56:38 pm »
Judging by this thread one thing holding us back is the large amount of people saying there is no hope from the start and talk themselves out of putting forth the effort before anything can even begin. Its pretty apparent the current situation isn't helping, so we wont know unless we actually try things.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:44:29 pm by buttplug »

Pinkamena

• Rebel Leader

• JT's Future Wife!

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2014, 06:30:44 pm »
I'll just make a tiny list of why I personally don't play this server much, I'm sure its probably the same for other people too.

1. Lack of actual updates (you do updates but very small and don't introduce/fix much).
2. Many NPCs still missing in released areas!
3. All guilds that are reachable don't work yet (mage guild being most important).
4. Bugs..... Obby items, clipping, and arrow stacking have been fucked up for a year now without being fixed!
5. Where the fuck is agility? Hey lets focus quests over making all skills work properly!
6. No highscores anymore... k then!
7. Player base is too small because of lack of advertisement and when people do actually play they get turned off by all the bugs and lack of content (I've met quite a few new players that didn't last over a week because of this).
CHECK OUT MAH AWESOME DOOM MOD! - Hard Doom

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 06:43:43 pm »
I'll just make a tiny list of why I personally don't play this server much, I'm sure its probably the same for other people too.

1. Lack of actual updates (you do updates but very small and don't introduce/fix much).
3. All guilds that are reachable don't work yet (mage guild being most important).
4. Bugs..... Obby items, clipping, and arrow stacking have been fucked up for a year now without being fixed!
5. Where the fuck is agility? Hey lets focus quests over making all skills work properly!
7. Player base is too small because of lack of advertisement and when people do actually play they get turned off by all the bugs and lack of content (I've met quite a few new players that didn't last over a week because of this).

2, 3, and 4 are all the same thing. They're all bugs.

1 and 5 are the same, as they are both lack of content/updates.

6 I can definitely agree with, although James says high scores will be back shortly.

7 is basically lack of advertisement as the second half is related to problems already listed

So this list is really:

1. Lack of content/updates
2. Bugs
3. Lack of advertisement
4. No high scores

Actually sounds pretty accurate
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:45:59 pm by buttplug »

papas

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    wepa wepa wepa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2014, 06:54:30 pm »
Today i saw a group new players around varrock, mostly smith and mining
and one of the thing they pointed was about they weren't see anyone.
So the advertisement is kinda working and  ppl are trying the server i guess and that's quite refreshing.

Galleta

• Community Member
  • Rebel Commander

• El español

• Personal Text
    Galletitas con leche, yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2014, 06:57:57 pm »
So the advertisement is kinda working and  ppl are trying the server i guess and that's quite refreshing.

I saw a pair of newbies the other day. They all complain about the "lack" of users.

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2014, 07:09:12 pm »

I saw a pair of newbies the other day. They all complain about the "lack" of users.

Ask them to help spread the word

Winning

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2014, 08:59:47 pm »
There was the one reason why I resigned as moderator and left was because of lack of updates. Now that the games supported i've tried to come back. But I realized how boring and plain 06 was. The servers that are thriving right now aren't 06 revisions, They're higher revisions. The server may never thrive like it did when I first joined ( 1 year ago).
I'm back baby ;)

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2014, 02:31:38 am »

6 I can definitely agree with, although James says high scores will be back shortly.

7 is basically lack of advertisement as the second half is related to problems already listed

So this list is really:

2. Bugs
3. Lack of advertisement
4. No high scores

I understand everything but the lack of advertisement... have you guys not seen how many freaking posts we've made on so many different websites.... i mean come on....

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2014, 04:05:54 am »

So this list is really:

2. Bugs
3. Lack of advertisement
4. No high scores

I understand everything but the lack of advertisement... have you guys not seen how many freaking posts we've made on so many different websites.... i mean come on....
Yea I even got permbanned :$

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2014, 02:57:20 pm »

So this list is really:

2. Bugs
3. Lack of advertisement
4. No high scores

My post was to just condense Pinkamena's list seeing as almost half the reasons were redundant. This is the only RS related website I go to so I can't really vouch for the lack of advertisement thing

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2014, 06:54:12 pm »
I'm literally waiting on dragon weapons, I've pretty much lost motivation to play to be honest. What you guys need is an advertisement on RuneLocus or something, get them to put up a banner, i'd happily donate for it. The reason so many people joined this server in the first place was because there was a fairly large number of video makers uploading progress videos, which created some attention, but since they all stopped playing / got lazy (Yes, I also blame myself), there hasn't been as much drive to play.

2.0 was great, but I honestly thought that there would of been a lot more coming out of that update.

I dunno guys, OSRS killed the RS06 private server community, you just gotta try to advertise as much as possible, even if it means investing a rather hefty amount of irl gp into it.