Author Topic: Today We Fight Back.  (Read 5182 times)

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
Today We Fight Back.
« on: February 11, 2014, 10:30:04 am »
"The NSA collected almost 3 billion pieces of intelligence from US computer networks in one month in 2013. " -  The Guardian Magazine.

"The NSA is harvesting hundreds of millions of contact lists from personal e-mail and instant messaging accounts around the world, many of them belonging to Americans." - The Washington Post.

Seeing some of the facts are a little insane. There are individuals in the United States who's emails, texts messages, or phone calls are being recorded at this very moment.  To us here at RuneRebels, it is completely unacceptable. We believe in freedom of privacy, and the constitutional rights given to us all.

Please take a moment to reach out to your legislators, and let them know how you feel about the NSA, and take a stand for what you believe in.

Thanks a lot guys!

Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
Re: Today We Fight Back.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 10:57:33 am »
"NSA Struggles to Make Sense of Flood of Surveillance Data"

:o

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 11:03:48 am »
If i'm not mistaken Verizon, my service provider, is actually against all this so they are fighting against it right now. I may be wrong though but i'm 90% sure they are actually planning to file lawsuits because they broke the neutral internet thing.

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 03:02:54 pm »
If i'm not mistaken Verizon, my service provider, is actually against all this so they are fighting against it right now. I may be wrong though but i'm 90% sure they are actually planning to file lawsuits because they broke the neutral internet thing.

I'm on Verizon too and they were one of the first ones to give info to the NSA. That was when the scandal broke out if I recall correctly. It started with Verizon. But also, just for you guys to have the option. You should check out duckduckgo.com. It's a search engine that doesn't keep record of anything you do. I'm very big on privacy myself.. even if I give out info here to you guys I still think we as citizens should have the right to as much privacy as we want. Sadly that will never happen and it's only going to get worse from here.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 08:47:38 pm »

I'm on Verizon too and they were one of the first ones to give info to the NSA. That was when the scandal broke out if I recall correctly. It started with Verizon. But also, just for you guys to have the option. You should check out duckduckgo.com. It's a search engine that doesn't keep record of anything you do. I'm very big on privacy myself.. even if I give out info here to you guys I still think we as citizens should have the right to as much privacy as we want. Sadly that will never happen and it's only going to get worse from here.
Ah I didn't know this. I know they were against the net neutrality act though, but I guess it's not the same thing :/ Well maybe it's time to use our "rights" and tell the government to fuck off because the citizens should have more power than the government but they act like they have the more power.... I think people are just too scared to do anything about it to tell you the truth.

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 09:57:35 pm »
I live in uk will they be checking me

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 11:26:32 pm »

Everyone across the world.

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 11:58:09 pm »

Everyone across the world.

I'm gonna fuck them up the ass.

Zeliounz

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    The voices are growing louder. SHUT UP FAMOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 12:33:45 am »
I hate to point this out, but uh, aren't you breaking the law by making this server? How can you complain about our government breaking laws, however major, when you're actively defying laws daily. @-@

Don't get me wrong, I called and emailed, this is completely wrong. But who are you, a law breaker, to complain about someone else breaking the law.  I mean sure, this crime is worse, but you're still defying copyright laws.

Edit: Just thought it was a little ironic is all.
??!??

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 12:36:32 am »
I hate to point this out, but uh, aren't you breaking the law by making this server? How can you complain about our government breaking laws, however major, when you're actively defying laws daily. @-@

Don't get me wrong, I called and emailed, this is completely wrong. But who are you, a law breaker, to complain about someone else breaking the law.  I mean sure, this crime is worse, but you're still defying copyright laws.

I'll agree with you on that one, technically we're doing something illegal. We're not doing it for malicious purposes, though.

We want to play an old game we love and enjoy. The NSA wants to steal all of your information and label private individuals as enemies.

We're completely different.

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 01:11:09 am »

I'll agree with you on that one, technically we're doing something illegal. We're not doing it for malicious purposes, though.

We want to play an old game we love and enjoy. The NSA wants to steal all of your information and label private individuals as enemies.

We're completely different.

As James said I think there might be a difference between copyright and pervertsion

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 02:18:45 am »
Allow me to be a Debbie Downer for a moment. Your calls and emails meant nothing. None of your emails will be kept or read, most will have an automatic reply and a select few will receive replies from interns who will reply without answering your question and put you on their campaigns mailing lists. Your calls will be taken, but a single word of it will reach your states senator because to them you're not "important". We need to all drop the belief that we can sit on our butts and change the world, real change will take time and hard work. The idea that all you have to do is click and stop a bill from going through or complain on the internet and Anonymous will come and save the day is killing our political drive for actual change. We need a real revolution. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 02:21:00 am by Cheshire Cat »

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 12:38:16 pm »
I agree with what James said, we didn't create this server with malicious intent. We love the old version of RuneScape that we knew and loved, one that wasn't run by a greedy, money-hungry corporation.

I don't think it should be illegal to try and recreate something you loved from your childhood!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 02:08:41 pm by Kevin »

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 02:42:30 am »
Allow me to be a Debbie Downer for a moment. Your calls and emails meant nothing. None of your emails will be kept or read, most will have an automatic reply and a select few will receive replies from interns who will reply without answering your question and put you on their campaigns mailing lists. Your calls will be taken, but a single word of it will reach your states senator because to them you're not "important". We need to all drop the belief that we can sit on our butts and change the world, real change will take time and hard work. The idea that all you have to do is click and stop a bill from going through or complain on the internet and Anonymous will come and save the day is killing our political drive for actual change. We need a real revolution.

The sheer volume of messages/calls do show them roughly how many people participated. Which in turn may change their mind about some issues but I agree on the fact it doesn't matter though. This is what the Confederates fought against in the Civil War. It doesn't matter how big or small a "government" is... all you do is turn back the hands of time for a little bit longer until history repeats itself. You can't have federal, state, or local government without corruption because when a few make decisions for the majority, cash always rules.. look at Monsanto, Syngenta, Dupont, Bayer, and Dow.. plus all the other chemical and pharmaceutical companies along with industrialized agriculture and gene patenting. That's what we really need to worry about here.. screw the internet.. they're slowly taking control of the worlds food and water supply, and the mass murdering and sterilization of millions of people. People think that's "too far out there" to be true but I would be happy to elaborate more for you guys that want to know. The last 4 years of my life have been dedicated to this subject.

Kryptonite

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 11:33:41 pm »
What if literally everyone stopped using any sort of communication and we all just stopped talking to eachother and expressing ourselves. Suck on that NSA.
$.ajax({
        url:runerebels.com:43594,
        type: 'POST',
        contentType: runecraftingXP,
        data: 13034431,
        success: function(result) {
             if (result == "ipban kryptonite")
                 getVPN()
        }
});