Author Topic: Chaos, Confusion, Rollbacks, Backups, and a Double XP event!  (Read 10989 times)

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
Chaos, Confusion, Rollbacks, Backups, and a Double XP event!
« on: February 17, 2014, 04:51:55 pm »
So as you all know the Website and Game were down for almost a whole day. This is because our VPS completely shut down, and we were unable to get in contact with the hosting company. We tweeted at them, opened a ticket, posted on their facebook, and emailed them. They never responded to us once. Today the VPS came back online as noted with the webserver. At first I completely disregarded the fact that my update post I had been preparing had changed back before I added a few things to it. After we turned the game on we realized the whole VPS had been rolled back about two days. We have external backups of the server, but they are synced from the VPS.

Unfortunately when the VPS turned back on it synced all the backups and overwrote all the more recent ones with nothing. This is extremely problematic, but we have not had this issue in the past. We are working on making sure this does not happen again in the future, but for now we have no real solution to offer those who put a lot of hard work in the past two days.

So in response to this, we are preparing three days of double XP starting around tonight at Midnight EST. Hopefully this will make up for all the lost levels and allow everyone to catch up to where they were at.

We also plan to get in contact with our hosting company to get adequate compensation. So in essence, this might work out well for all of us, with the double XP for a bit to boost levels beyond what you had before, and make up the lack of play time for the day we were down. Sorry for the inconvenience to everyone!!

Regards,
The RuneRebels Team.

Update:

It was running, but last night we started having problems with our hosting company again, and as they have not gotten back to us, we're taking this up time opportunity to take everything and run. We'll keep you informed, if the website goes down feel free to check our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/rune.rebels When RuneRebels is back up and fully functional on a stable host, we will be hosting a Double XP Week

Also worldscape is on a seperate VPS, so also enjoy our RSPS (not a remake) at http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/home/
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:08:17 pm by JT »

Join world 2 today!

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: Chaos, Confusion, Rollbacks, Backups, and a Double XP event!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 05:20:32 pm »
That's cool :D. I haven't really collected secondary herblore stuff but now I will in anticipation for the XP event.

Bear Barf

• Rebel Recruit

• Rebel Barf

• Personal Text
    Combat Level? Over 9000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 05:28:30 pm »
Is there anyway to make at least one of those double xp days on Saturday or something? I have school plus homework and it's tougher for me to play during the week.
Thanks,
Bear Barf

Battle Bowl

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 05:44:03 pm »
THE FALLY SMELTER AND VARROCK ANVILS ARE GUNNA NEED THERAPY WHEN IM DONE WITH THEM.

Thanks guys the double xp makes up for the sinking feeling of rollback despair!

MisterkNiss

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Is mayonaise an instrument?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 05:45:02 pm »
I second Bear Barf on this one, I also have class and work during the week so if it could be a double xp weekend (like friday-sunday) it would more than likely be much more convienent for most players. It would also allow time for players to prepare as in gather resources and whatnot. Either way I'll definitely make time to get some double xp :)

Galleta

• Community Member
  • Rebel Commander

• El español

• Personal Text
    Galletitas con leche, yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 05:59:36 pm »
I read "Double XP event".. My "pito" is so happy

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 06:56:20 pm »
holy shit I never thought I'd be so happy I hadn't played significantly in the last 2 days. My condolences to anybody who lost stats/items

Stone Man

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 06:57:10 pm »
I agree with Bear Barf, I gained all my exp over the weekend when i had time to play. I have to much school work to play any this week, so it would awesome if you could make the double xp days on the weekend.

Thanks
-Stone Man

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 07:34:37 pm »
holy shit I never thought I'd be so happy I hadn't played significantly in the last 2 days. My condolences to anybody who lost stats/items

this.

also people saying we should have it on weekends.. some people have lives and friends.. and go out.. and do things.. besides.. im off the next two days, so it's perfect for me! can't please everyone!

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 08:04:06 pm »
Is there anyway to make at least one of those double xp days on Saturday or something? I have school plus homework and it's tougher for me to play during the week.
Thanks,
Bear Barf

I would not mind it being on the weekend but it would make more sense for the event to happen the next 3 days. This is more of an unplanned event. If the 1 day rollback never happened, we would not have the double XP event. The devs are giving us 3 full days and if you played most of saturday and sunday, one day of the week would make up for your lost XP. You'd get much more than what you lost if the event were to happen on the weekend.

Bry

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 08:06:39 pm »
I agree that we should have at least one of the double xp days during the weekend so that those who are free during the week can have a day and those who are free during the weekend can have a day.

Trent

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 08:14:01 pm »
I also agree on the weekend. You should make a poll or something.

wudekai

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 08:30:34 pm »
The RuneRebels Team handled this very well, I support it happening over the next three days as planned. Can't wait to get started with this Double XP.

Good job, guys, and hang in there!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:35:28 pm by wudekai »
My pants are off right now.

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 08:38:18 pm »
Since nobody can agree on this looks like you'll just have to make double XP permanent

;D ;D ;D ;D

MisterkNiss

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Is mayonaise an instrument?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 08:43:13 pm »

this.

also people saying we should have it on weekends.. some people have lives and friends.. and go out.. and do things.. besides.. im off the next two days, so it's perfect for me! can't please everyone!

I have a life too :P I'm actually hanging out with my best bud almost all of friday but we plan on playing this most of the time hahha idc when it happens really, i was just saying it would be most convenient for myself on the weekend but it's still cool that it's happening at all. with the already double xp from the original game it'll be like quadruple xp  ;D