Author Topic: Climate  (Read 5415 times)

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
Climate
« on: May 18, 2013, 10:38:50 am »
How about that 400 parts per million in CO2 we're reaching or have gotten to?  Are you experiencing the strange weather patterns happening in your neck of the woods?

I've heard red rain in Britain.  Bad storms hitting New England.  Maybe Earth is handing out tsunamis for our bad grades.  I can't tell if the weather is shitty or great being in Wisconsin as our weather is very unpredictable nestled between two great lakes.

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
Re: Climate
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 11:08:52 am »
We haven't really experienced much either, honestly. Weather patterns in ND are pretty easy to follow. It snows a lot in the winter, very mild in the summer, and hot in August.

The only weird Weather we have is the flooding that goes on in Minot, but, again weather patterns show that it floods really bad every 50-60 years.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 11:32:53 am »
Here in CA We have really bad earthquake like weather. One day it will be 90 degrees outside the next it will be in the low 70's all day. Our weather fluctuates like crazy. The weatherman is close to always wrong when predicting weekly weathers lol.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

DJ Ripjaws

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I don't bite....usually >:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 01:02:10 pm »
This is gonna blow your mind:

I think its gettin' hot here on the East Coast.  Must be because we're nearing the Summer.

ROFL :P

ratman

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    <:3>~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 07:54:01 pm »

I think its gettin' hot here on the East Coast.  Must be because we're nearing the Summer.

My mind has been blown.

I heard somewhere, that the reason for all of the cold weather this year (Mainly in 'Murica) is because of a change in the Gulf Stream;  one of the main "eddy's" vanished (They do that every ~6 months - 100 years, depending on the size), so cooler water is present in the North Atlantic.  Not 100% sure, but I'll see what I can find on it.

@ Garnu:  I've heard about the Red Rain.  There's a bacteria, that feeds off of water to produce energy (Like most Bacteria).  Sometimes after it dies, the dead bacteria evaporate, and give the water it's red color.  It happens a lot in childhood nightmares India, I believe.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 07:55:32 pm by ratman »

dannyboo

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 10:20:19 am »
We're being flooded down here in bavaria
It's quite the thing to experience after expecting the sun to shine throughout summer.
Guess i'll have to cancel that wish
- DDD

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • My Development Projects
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 07:59:54 pm »

That's a reference to the weather, not the climate. Climate change affects weather averages over years and years.

How about that 400 parts per million in CO2 we're reaching or have gotten to? 
It's something to be worried about, however it's unfortunate that so many here in America deny that it's happening. I envy that you live in a scientifically literate (or at least more so) culture.