Author Topic: Castle Wars and stuff  (Read 15071 times)

Wirt

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    -psst- over here!
    • View Profile
Re: Castle Wars and stuff
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 07:35:13 pm »
Lookin' good guys, keep the updates rolling in ;)

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 02:00:26 pm »
could you reupload the new website picture on a different site:?

liked

• Bug Reporter
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 03:05:25 pm »
This looks really good. I remember back in the day I played Castle Wars for like 1 year straight, but the problem with releasing it on this server is we simply do not have enough players. I have reason to believe you moderators (who I know are working hard) still are pushing that thought away saying you'll focus on it after V2 comes out. I'm very worried that no players will join, and we will lose what we have. If you think we have something, you've seen nothing yet, the only reason we're getting players is because 2006remade shut down.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 03:08:05 pm »
This looks really good. I remember back in the day I played Castle Wars for like 1 year straight, but the problem with releasing it on this server is we simply do not have enough players. I have reason to believe you moderators (who I know are working hard) still are pushing that thought away saying you'll focus on it after V2 comes out. I'm very worried that no players will join, and we will lose what we have. If you think we have something, you've seen nothing yet, the only reason we're getting players is because 2006remade shut down.
Take in note we haven't even begun to seriously advertise yet. The day 2.0 comes our ads will be plastered on every damn site there is for runescape private servers lol.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 03:27:21 pm »
Take in note we haven't even begun to seriously advertise yet. The day 2.0 comes our ads will be plastered on every damn site there is for runescape private servers lol.

Last year we had about 100+ players online, but it all ended the day 2007 runescape came in.

The Vanguard

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Gaze into my eye.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 03:50:46 pm »
Something that really bothers me, I have used 2 other rs private servers. the first went down to a legal challenge from jagex (according to what I read about it), and the other was DDOS'd to non existence constantly. What is stop this server being wrecked in a similar way (I know you probably have things to deal with a DDOS attack, but you, no system is perfect)
You know that weird flavour in your mouth when you woke up this morning? Yup, that was me.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 04:02:51 pm »

Rant time

2006remade had like 10 players on average the past 3-4 weeks. That server also isn't made from scratch like RuneRebels. 06remade has the 2006scape source and from what I've read (I've only played that server since October), the server is closer to leached than it is original.

On top of that, the developers here paid a highly respected member to check for dupes which I highly doubt the developers over at 2006remade did because for one, on their donation page, it says something along the lines of "If we don't get the sufficient amount of donations, we won't be able to keep the server running" and two, their server has had to rollback a couple of times because of dupes.  And speaking of rollbacks, I bet you didn't enjoy being rollbacked over 2 hours almost every day. RuneRebels has stayed on for months and months with minimal donations. RR has a strong DDOS protection, mainly because of Parabot who also hacked 2006remade's forum prior to Mod Pirate hacking it. Their developers seem to not have learned to get a better protection.

Their server AND Forums have also been hacked numerous times the past few weeks, the owner is highly criticised for picking dishonest developers (Check the Rune-server page for proof), and Tom thinking he is a God (I saw what Mod Pirate said when he hacked their forums 2 weeks ago).

Lastly, with the same amount of players online the past few days similar to when 2006remade came out, how many times has this server went down compared to theirs? Zero.

/end rant
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 04:14:21 pm by N0va »

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 04:05:46 pm »
Something that really bothers me, I have used 2 other rs private servers. the first went down to a legal challenge from jagex (according to what I read about it), and the other was DDOS'd to non existence constantly. What is stop this server being wrecked in a similar way (I know you probably have things to deal with a DDOS attack, but you, no system is perfect)
We already dealt with the DDOS situation because we are actually still to this day getting hit by a DDOS. We just have a very powerful anti-ddos now. When it comes to legal action 90% of the time Jagex doesn't follow through with claims against private servers. The reason why PRS06 went down was not entirely because they got a claim against them. They well knew that most of the time Jagex doesn't follow through with them. They went down because of many reasons that I will not say because I don't want to start some sort of flame war. If we get hit by a claim we will do our best to keep it up but if Jagex follows through with any sort of claim there is really nothing we can do. No server can prevent this and the only reason why the famous server Soulsplit is still standing is because they live in a country with no copyright laws.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 04:12:03 pm »
[quote author=Austin link=topic=5399.msg31946#msg31946 date=1387141546
No server can prevent this and the only reason why the famous server Soulsplit is still standing is because they live in a country with no copyright laws.
[/quote]

No. Soulsplit has a contract with Runescape. They both have ads on each others websites, and are both friendly with each other.

The Vanguard

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Gaze into my eye.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 04:18:28 pm »
We already dealt with the DDOS situation because we are actually still to this day getting hit by a DDOS. We just have a very powerful anti-ddos now. When it comes to legal action 90% of the time Jagex doesn't follow through with claims against private servers. The reason why PRS06 went down was not entirely because they got a claim against them. They well knew that most of the time Jagex doesn't follow through with them. They went down because of many reasons that I will not say because I don't want to start some sort of flame war. If we get hit by a claim we will do our best to keep it up but if Jagex follows through with any sort of claim there is really nothing we can do. No server can prevent this and the only reason why the famous server Soulsplit is still standing is because they live in a country with no copyright laws.

Alright, I feel better now, thanks Austin.
You know that weird flavour in your mouth when you woke up this morning? Yup, that was me.

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2013, 05:06:43 pm »
They went down because of many reasons that I will not say because I don't want to start some sort of flame war.

Then allow me.  I came from PRS06 and was a strong backer of that PS.  They couldn't manage shit and the server died because of it.

You're welcome  :D

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2013, 05:11:13 pm »
They went down because of many reasons that I will not say because I don't want to start some sort of flame war.

Then allow me.  I came from PRS06 and was a strong backer of that PS.  They couldn't manage shit and the server died because of it.

Only credit PSR06 can get is their advertisement for players, but then again they also did false player counts like playercount = players + 300

edit: this is getting off topic...

liked

• Bug Reporter
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2013, 09:23:21 pm »

Rant time

2006remade had like 10 players on average the past 3-4 weeks. That server also isn't made from scratch like RuneRebels. 06remade has the 2006scape source and from what I've read (I've only played that server since October), the server is closer to leached than it is original.

On top of that, the developers here paid a highly respected member to check for dupes which I highly doubt the developers over at 2006remade did because for one, on their donation page, it says something along the lines of "If we don't get the sufficient amount of donations, we won't be able to keep the server running" and two, their server has had to rollback a couple of times because of dupes.  And speaking of rollbacks, I bet you didn't enjoy being rollbacked over 2 hours almost every day. RuneRebels has stayed on for months and months with minimal donations. RR has a strong DDOS protection, mainly because of Parabot who also hacked 2006remade's forum prior to Mod Pirate hacking it. Their developers seem to not have learned to get a better protection.

Their server AND Forums have also been hacked numerous times the past few weeks, the owner is highly criticised for picking dishonest developers (Check the Rune-server page for proof), and Tom thinking he is a God (I saw what Mod Pirate said when he hacked their forums 2 weeks ago).

Lastly, with the same amount of players online the past few days similar to when 2006remade came out, how many times has this server went down compared to theirs? Zero.

/end rant

Beautifully written.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2013, 10:18:51 pm »

Only credit PSR06 can get is their advertisement for players, but then again they also did false player counts like playercount = players + 300

edit: this is getting off topic...
I agree, let's not go from one topic to another here guys :)