Author Topic: Backseat Moderating  (Read 5659 times)

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
Re: Backseat Moderating
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 10:16:21 pm »
banned for what?

I was parodying backseat moderating. However, yes, I do agree that extensive backseat moderating should be looked into, seeing as it belittles the existing ability of current mods and can cause hostility among posters (as seen here).

oh sorry for misunderstand you bbycakes <3

No reason to get upset about it, they just want to help  out the staff because the staff have to repeat themselves 20 times a day. If i were staff, i would want someone helping out with the repetitiveness of telling players that "a thread already exists" or "Don't make topics such as these".

i see your point, but seeing the specific nooblet drone on about it 24/7 can be pretty annoying, can't it?
I guess it could, but Riipin was only trying to help :)

I thought so to at first because I never saw the other thread but then I started browsing the forums a little afterwards and I was him dictating where threads went and how this thread is "spam" or "not in the right section"

Most moderators I've seen don't leave such petty responses (unless they're new)
As the staff aren't on 24/7, I feel its right for me, or any other member at that point to let new members about our rules here and to help keep the forums as spam free as possible. Spam is spam. Even if you don't know its spam. I let you know it was spam and reported the thread. I didn't yell at you for it either. I simply just recommended what to do before you post something that has been posted 3+ times before.

New members can learn the rules by reading the "rules" thread. Everything else that falls between the cracks can wait until a staff member is online - which, since the staff on this server are quite active, is usually within a few hours max.

The forum wont implode if a spam post is left unwarned for 20 minutes - just let the mods do their job.
Unfortunately for us, most new members can't be assed to read forum rules. So I don't understand how that argument is valid.

Well, there will be a lot of things that you'll have trouble understanding - and there's not much I can do about that now, is there?
Please feel free to elaborate on what you're trying to say? As of now, I don't understand you.

Staff are active, I will give you that. They don't look through every thread though. Simply letting a new member know helps them do their job so they don't have to do as much. Reporting the thread also helps them lock the threads that are breaking forum rules.

Jack

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    225th Member
    • View Profile
    • RuneRebels
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 10:49:46 pm »
So you'd rather have the forums spammed and the game bad because community members aren't helping out. Put people on ignore if your to immature to take advice.
Signature Removed.
----

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 02:24:34 am »
As staff, we don't really care long as you do not overly harass individual players on a personal basis, or harass staff members. Don't listen to back seat moderators :3

Join world 2 today!

Whackatre

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    u wot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 07:23:48 am »
lol community members are nerds!
Freenode #runerebels: Come join! - w|t

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 01:27:18 pm »

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 02:24:41 pm »
As staff, we don't really care long as you do not overly harass individual players on a personal basis, or harass staff members. Don't listen to back seat moderators :3

Unless it's me doing the back seat moderating.

>:D
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol