Author Topic: Downtime  (Read 13604 times)

toxic

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Skilling <3
    • View Profile
Re: Downtime
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 07:38:44 pm »
I wouldn't go as far to say 5 hours. It was a mistake and it is going to be dealt with. You guys need to stop bashing us for things we do wrong. There is a lot of work and we have dedicated so much time and effort into this server. All we get are complaints and threats. We are getting really tired of it. Please just stop with all the negativity.

lol why don't you lock the thread if u don't want people stating their opinions on it? It's obvious you guys work hard on it but that gives you no right to tell people not to complain just because your upset with their opinions lol

Dont push it dude

Black

• Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    "Good character, like soup, is usually homemade."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 07:42:12 pm »
I bet is was James  ;)

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 07:42:23 pm »
lol why don't you lock the thread if u don't want people stating their opinions on it? It's obvious you guys work hard on it but that gives you no right to tell people not to complain just because your upset with their opinions lol

I, for one, like the idea that they update us when the server is down.  I prefer to be informed.

I don't like the idea that some people haven't learn how to sit on their hands when they feel the need to be RUDE.
DesertRain

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free -- JJ

Uncle Ruckus

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 07:49:11 pm »
I wouldn't go as far to say 5 hours. It was a mistake and it is going to be dealt with. You guys need to stop bashing us for things we do wrong. There is a lot of work and we have dedicated so much time and effort into this server. All we get are complaints and threats. We are getting really tired of it. Please just stop with all the negativity.

Dont push it dude

if some1 wants to ban me or some stupid shit just because i believe in stating opinions, then ill leave happily right now, I'm not trying to "push" any1 it is just very offensive to me when some1 says to basically shut up lol sorry but that is how i feel in real life, and its a lot more powerful that my feelings about this game lol

Why not just start up your own rs private server then? I mean these guys don't get paid to do this, they do it all in their own free time, can you imagine if you were volunteering and doing a pretty decent job of it but people kept telling you, you're terrible, and not even mediocre at best, you probably won't get banned because the admins are better people then that but if I was an admin I would ban the shit outta you with no hesitation.

Your like the person who pirates a movie then complains about the quality of the movie they pirated even though it was free. You're a dick

toxic

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Skilling <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 07:51:10 pm »

Dont push it dude

if some1 wants to ban me or some stupid shit just because i believe in stating opinions, then ill leave happily right now, I'm not trying to "push" any1 it is just very offensive to me when some1 says to basically shut up lol sorry but that is how i feel in real life, and its a lot more powerful that my feelings about this game lol

Why not just start up your own rs private server then? I mean these guys don't get paid to do this, they do it all in their own free time, can you imagine if you were volunteering and doing a pretty decent job of it but people kept telling you, you're terrible, and not even mediocre at best, you probably won't get banned because the admins are better people then that but if I was an admin I would ban the shit outta you with no hesitation.

Your like the person who pirates a movie then complains about the quality of the movie they pirated even though it was free. You're a dick

Couldnt agree more !

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 07:51:37 pm »

No one has told you to shut up, not that I've read.

You seem to get angry when others express their opinion, yet demand that you have the right to express your opinion.

If you dish out criticism, then you should be willing to accept criticism. ;)
DesertRain

Black

• Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    "Good character, like soup, is usually homemade."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 07:53:29 pm »

I, for one, like the idea that they update us when the server is down.  I prefer to be informed.

I don't like the idea that some people haven't learn how to sit on their hands when they feel the need to be RUDE.

It's not about being rude its about being able to say what you FEEL without being PERSECUTED by the rest of the community, so its just w/e I'm a nice person in game but this will be my last post on the forums since i see how it all works now LOL
As far as I have read, nobody has been "persecuted" in any way shape or form.

Uncle Ruckus

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 07:54:13 pm »

It's not about being rude its about being able to say what you FEEL without being PERSECUTED by the rest of the community, so its just w/e I'm a nice person in game but this will be my last post on the forums since i see how it all works now LOL

How do you think the devs feel?

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 07:55:13 pm »
Thanks for the updates on the situation. Hope its up soon. Looking forward to the update that was applied once we can play again.

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 07:59:33 pm »
Can we not argue about this and just enjoy the game as a whole instead of bashing it like it's a PoS? Just be happy you guys can even play this game. If you don't like it, leave.

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 08:01:38 pm »

Just my opinion, but I think you are taking things way too personal.

Also, just my opinion, this sentence: "omg why do i even play this site lol" could be misconstrued as an insult to the people that work hard to give us what we have here.  If you didn't mean any insult, then you probably should have stated so.  If you did, then why get angry at those that call you out on it?

If you have the right to have an opinion about the staff, then why get angry when the members have an opinion about your opinion?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 08:03:40 pm by DesertRain »
DesertRain

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 08:18:56 pm »
We are very sensitive about downtime, because we do not like to be down for any length of time, although lately it has been bad due to constant DDOS attacks and switching vps hosts, and while we are by no means professionals, we try our best and learn constantly about different types of attacks, prevention, and work on controlling internal personal matters between developers, mods, admins, and even players.

We are very sensitive to any member of our team being attacked without real cause or reason, because none of us get money from this, any money donated goes straight to domain fees, VPS costs, etc. So please be nice to any staff member you may come across as they are volunteering their time to help you and this game become better, as was the developer who restarted this server.

Thanks, JT

Join world 2 today!

Jack

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    225th Member
    • View Profile
    • RuneRebels
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 08:31:30 pm »
Can't wait until it's back online. I need to play aha.
Signature Removed.
----

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 08:35:38 pm »
kevin nearly 99% of those people bagging on your guys are new players and don't know any better. Just ignore em and appreciate the people who are always giving you a pat on the back.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 08:44:14 pm »
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol