Author Topic: Recent hackings due to not changing your password after projectrs06 leak  (Read 9785 times)

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent hackings due to not changing your password after projectrs06 leak
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 07:47:59 am »
I don't think its the staff member's position to refund hacked items they they warned you 2-3 times ingame and on forums to change your password. Doubt they will refund, will be suprised if they do.
I was never warned.
They made several announcements ingame and on the forums. If you didn't read or see any of them, that is your loss. You should of been more active on the forums.

Tyler

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 09:34:37 am »
Kendall people have been getting hacked in games for years, including RuneScape and the developers have never rolled back anyones account to give them their items back. If they do it here, it's going to be very easy to abuse.

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 09:36:49 am »
Kendall people have been getting hacked in games for years, including RuneScape and the developers have never rolled back anyones account to give them their items back. If they do it here, it's going to be very easy to abuse.

Like I said, he was mistreated by staff, in more ways then just one.  Plus, they told him they would help.  Under those circumstances, they need to stay true to their word.  Or their word will become worthless.

I see your point, and can somewhat agree to it.  But, not in his case.
DesertRain

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free -- JJ

Dior

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Don't forget to call me a loser!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 09:45:50 am »
If all you guys just had "money-making" skills to begin with, like fishing, then I don't think the many of people would complain had they gotten their accounts back. However, if you just picked up loot off of other players' corpses in the community and never gave it back, shame on you and you deserve the hack. You never earned the loot in the first place.

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 09:49:52 am »
If all you guys just had "money-making" skills to begin with, like fishing, then I don't think the many of people would complain had they gotten their accounts back. However, if you just picked up loot off of other players' corpses in the community and never gave it back, shame on you and you deserve the hack. You never earned the loot in the first place.

Do you even know what you are talking about?  In my opinion, you don't.

No one ever, and I mean, EVER, deserves to be hacked.  It is not only wrong for you to say that, but it is a very cruel thing to say...
DesertRain

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 09:55:55 am »
yea you shouldn't say that bro, thats like saying some people DESERVE to die, and that is just not a good thing to say.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Dior

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 10:25:50 am »
I know this person, who's name I will not say, looted a bunch of coin and expensive items from a player from our community. He/She then complained about losing all his/her stuff. I'm just trying to make the point that, these specific people shouldn't complain about getting their items hacked. Since, 1) It wasn't yours to begin with, and 2) you probably didn't try to give that person's stuff back. and 3) You might have not thought about how to make future money had you lost all of your valuables.

Apart from that, those who played Projectrs2006 and were trying to make another life on these servers, I wish you the best of luck. I wasn't trying to seem so offensive, I was just saying that...some people got what they deserved. I blame karma.

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 10:33:06 am »
Even though I do my best to give back everything I pick up from a player that has died, it is not required.  If you die, your items are in the hands of those that pick them up.

To say that a person that picks up items from someone that has died, that they fall in the same category as someone that cracks someone's account, is...what?  I personally don't see how you can link the two...
DesertRain

Dior

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2013, 10:44:55 am »
In my opinion, they are linked because Option 1) Cares for your own selfish need, at the unhappiness of another, and Option 2) Cares for your own selfish need, at the unhappiness of another.

Diiablo

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 12:50:08 pm »
Changed my password! :P

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013, 07:44:22 pm »
I don't think its the staff member's position to refund hacked items they they warned you 2-3 times ingame and on forums to change your password. Doubt they will refund, will be suprised if they do.
I was never warned.
They made several announcements ingame and on the forums. If you didn't read or see any of them, that is your loss. You should of been more active on the forums.
They made an announcement on February 11th, 2013 at 11:03 pm. I went to sleep that night at 11:00 on the dot. I got hacked at 11:39 pm. I was never warned.

Dior

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2013, 07:58:12 pm »
Kendall, I have 375k total, and lots of raw lobsters. In addition, bunches of seeds and items that could sell well. I'd be willing to help you out a little. This also goes for any other hacked person. I trust in the honesty of people.

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 11:14:56 pm »
Kendall, I have 375k total, and lots of raw lobsters. In addition, bunches of seeds and items that could sell well. I'd be willing to help you out a little. This also goes for any other hacked person. I trust in the honesty of people.
Thanks but no thanks. I don't want to take anything from anyone.

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2013, 11:28:29 pm »
Since my pw is good, and neither my name or pw is the same on any other site, am I good to go?  And no changes are needed?

Desert you need to change your password.

I took your advice and changed my pw. :)

Wanted to mention that you can use characters on the website in your pw, but when you try to log into the game, it doesn't recognize it.
DesertRain

Laavu1

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 08:19:44 am »
I don't know if that's the reason, but for some reason (allthough the server is online) i cannot log in to my account, it just says: Error connecting to server.  :-\  . Please respond
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:21:18 am by Laavu1 »