Author Topic: The new update about allowing Player Mods to "unstick" members.  (Read 7192 times)

Olivia020

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
The new update about allowing Player Mods to "unstick" members.
« on: February 12, 2013, 02:54:09 pm »
I think it is a bad decision to allow this.

Player mods should only be here for general support issues such as:

1. Player Reports
2. Chat moderating (to make sure everyhting is fine)
3. Drama Handling (splitting up public issues between a player or a group of player)
4. Block in-game spam/advertisements

Player moderators should never be allowed for anything high tech server wise because for one, its safe for everyone. I'm not going to go out and say that player moderators cannot be trusted, however, I'm assuming the first step to anything is becoming a player moderator, and there is people who like to find any easy way into the game as possible whether it would be with friends or not.

Player moderators should be exactly as stated. PLAYERS with Moderation rights. No other attributed should be given unless they are going for administration, which then I can see where "TESTING ADMIN" could come into play.

This would make the game a lot safer and reliable for us as a community to play the game. Player Mods should always remain and stay players with Only the kick and mute functions. Teleports SHOULD be off limits.

My suggestions for an Alternative route for Unsticking players:

1. Code the Upgraded 2006 interface where the Home Teleport spell was added in-game.
2. Add a function on the website for UNSTICKING characters which can only be used once every 24 hours.
3. Add Testing administration
4. Implement ::home with a Time limit until beta is released.
5. Let administrators do it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 02:57:21 pm by Olivia020 »

EXPLOIT

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Re: The new update about allowing Player Mods to "unstick" members.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 02:56:56 pm »
Have you ever got stuck for a couples of hours and had to wait for an admin to actually respond to you when there's a couple of mods online? Well I did.

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 02:57:51 pm »
I'd like to see you say this after you get stuck, and no admins come on for multiple hours, and only mods are on.

Olivia020

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 02:58:08 pm »
Have you ever got stuck for a couples of hours and had to wait for an admin to actually respond to you when there's a couple of mods online? Well I did.

Yes, i have, i waitted a few days actually, it's no big deal.

Added options for an alternative.

I'd like to see you say this after you get stuck, and no admins come on for multiple hours, and only mods are on.

Read the above quote and answer. Then check the alternative routes.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:00:51 pm by Olivia020 »

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 03:01:46 pm »
So basically what you're saying is, you want to inconvenience people just so that a rogue mod can't send people back to Lumbridge for the fun of it?

Edit: Saw your edit... But this is still a dumb idea, it's fine how it is, and we don't need to give people free teleports.

Olivia020

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 03:02:26 pm »
So basically what you're saying is, you want to inconvenience people just so that a rogue mod can't send people back to Lumbridge for the fun of it?

Once again, Check alternative routes.

Saw your edit... But this is still a dumb idea, it's fine how it is, and we don't need to give people free teleports.

They are moderators, NOT administration. Instead of changing the basic design of what moderators are SUPPOSE to have, which seems pretty big in my opinion being as I have ran my own RSPS for 5 years *not straight but 5 years*, I know how Staff TENDS to get. Wanting to have a little fun at the Server Owner's expense. a Unstick command can be just as useful without having to worry about mods abusing it. And I mean come on, if your getting stuck more than twice in a 24 hour time frame, your obviously doing it on purpose.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:09:55 pm by Olivia020 »

EXPLOIT

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 03:06:08 pm »
I would just suggest to had home teleport (with the 30 minutes timer).  It was added in September 2006

Olivia020

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 03:07:28 pm »
I would just suggest to had home teleport (with the 30 minutes timer).  It was added in September 2006

Support 100% and it's what i'm getting at for the most part.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 10:09:28 am »
I think its a good temporary solution since the developers are fixing things and developing things they have other things to do besides teleporting people out. Once these issues are resolved, i completely agree the command should be taken. Remeber, this is only the Alpha.

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 10:12:47 am »
There isn't really a way we could abuse this, when players report to us that they're stuck (which happens a few times a day at the least) we enter a command that pushes up a dialog box to them that says "Do you wish to be teleported to lumbridge?" with a yes and no button. With a larger player base and devs working on content it's easier currently to have this option.

I No Mercy I

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 10:15:22 am »
There isn't really a way we could abuse this, when players report to us that they're stuck (which happens a few times a day at the least) we enter a command that pushes up a dialog box to them that says "Do you wish to be teleported to lumbridge?" with a yes and no button. With a larger player base and devs working on content it's easier currently to have this option.

That sounds extremely reasonable

Bill

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 10:24:56 am »
It's only a temporary command for mods until we find time to fix the problems 100%. Then it will be removed.

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 01:27:44 pm »

These are not really easy or reasonable fixes considering the fact that our revision is 377, which does not have this, and it is not in the cache in any way shape or form.

Join world 2 today!

Sherry

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Croaked the raven,"nevermore"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 01:57:20 pm »
I support a time limit for players do do ::home command and have to wait like 10 mins before using that command again
Sherry Birkin, United States

Olivia020

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 03:43:22 pm »

Didn't happyguy release all 411 cache and files to upgrade to it?

=========================

Other note, glad to hear its temporary, I'm fine with that.

These are not really easy or reasonable fixes considering the fact that our revision is 377, which does not have this, and it is not in the cache in any way shape or form.