Author Topic: Download  (Read 55317 times)

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
Re: Download
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2014, 02:09:07 pm »
Don't even remember seeing that Mac option. I haven't downloaded the client in months. Haha, well perhaps the .exe will work for him.

Try visiting that page, it automaticly starts a download, if you're on windows it downloads that batch file, and on mac it downloads the mac client.

I think this guy tried playing it with the webclient, since that won't work for macs yet because of the java update =D
I don't understand how a java update would effect the webclient running on a different OS. When one update is released, it is released for all OS... so the recent security implementations for java web applets is universal. I highly doubt its because of a java update... unless he doesn't have the recent update.

remember how the java update screwed over all rsps's?
it won't work on windows and every other OS with that version of Jaba
Yea its a security implementation and they aren't removing it... I don't see why you think an update is removing it.

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2014, 02:10:28 pm »
Don't even remember seeing that Mac option. I haven't downloaded the client in months. Haha, well perhaps the .exe will work for him.

Try visiting that page, it automaticly starts a download, if you're on windows it downloads that batch file, and on mac it downloads the mac client.

I think this guy tried playing it with the webclient, since that won't work for macs yet because of the java update =D
I don't understand how a java update would effect the webclient running on a different OS. When one update is released, it is released for all OS... so the recent security implementations for java web applets is universal. I highly doubt its because of a java update... unless he doesn't have the recent update.

Yea its a security implementation and they aren't removing it... I don't see why you think an update is removing it.
I never said they're removing it, with "yet" I ment he'd be able to bypass that, like people did on windows.

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2014, 03:18:42 pm »

I never said they're removing it, with "yet" I ment he'd be able to bypass that, like people did on windows.

Only way to bypass it is to run on an older update of java or to change your security settings manually.

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2014, 07:10:39 pm »
Yeah the webclient is now broken on basically all operating systems because of Oracle's update to security which prevents self-signed applications from running. >:(

I've been trying to get around this but the only way would be to purchase a certificate from a CA for like $200; and they would probably revoke it once they found out we were using it for a private server client.

As far as the download goes, the downloader automatically detects your operating system and downloads the correct version. :) If you are on OS X 10.9 Mavericks, you have to open System Preferences, open the Security pane, and change the "Allow Applications From" setting to anywhere.

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2014, 05:07:42 am »
Yeah the webclient is now broken on basically all operating systems because of Oracle's update to security which prevents self-signed applications from running. >:(

I've been trying to get around this but the only way would be to purchase a certificate from a CA for like $200; and they would probably revoke it once they found out we were using it for a private server client.

As far as the download goes, the downloader automatically detects your operating system and downloads the correct version. :) If you are on OS X 10.9 Mavericks, you have to open System Preferences, open the Security pane, and change the "Allow Applications From" setting to anywhere.
It's possible to still run it, but you'd have to host your cache yourselve, so adding a exception to the settings would allow us to run the webclient, i tried doing this the month it came out but back then you hosted the cache elsewhere, forgot the domain :3

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

Pinkyy

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2014, 03:45:51 pm »
Wtf fatal loading error
 :-[

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2014, 03:55:21 pm »
Wtf fatal loading error
 :-[

I fixed this by simply running the client again.

Greenedragon

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2015, 05:34:42 am »
Now that the loading wont work! Whats your plan? Will we play Runerebels yet someday?

Swaffiling

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2015, 01:33:53 pm »
Uhmm

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2015, 12:19:45 am »

Max Kila

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2015, 04:03:03 am »
Finally I was able to download cache, mostly i would freeze at 93% or get a fatal error.
Why is it so slow to download? And forums slow too?
Maybe thats why only few weterans still play?
Come on we need more players!!

Artsy

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2015, 07:17:28 am »
I just found this server after hours of searches for a 2006 runescape remake server, I see it has no players but I will surely be playing this daily from now on as long as the administrators are still somehow active, see you ingame ^^

Max Kila

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2015, 07:32:59 am »
Welcome a board man :)
I'll be playing from time to time. See you in game!

Wirt

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    -psst- over here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2015, 09:49:39 am »
I'm coming back to it as well.. :) good to see some company