Poll

What kind of Xp do you want?

1.0X rate
1,5X rate
2.0X rate
3.0X rate
10.0X rate

Author Topic: Xp rates - for those who want a perfectly simulated Runescape like it was in '06  (Read 13757 times)

alexstore1

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
I'm really confused about the XP rate, I think it should be revisited now we have over 10k members. We deserve to suggest our opinions!  :'(

Jrub

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Praise ms
    • View Profile
Not all 10k play  :o
Plus it was recently bumped up to 2 i think

Sheikyy

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I'm a Milk Sheikyy
    • View Profile
Why would someone want 10x LOL

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
2x only seems bad in theory, but its the best rate.

Once you hit level 30-40 it starts to slow down.  Most players of runescape during 2006 are much older now and don't have the same amount of time.

yoloswag666

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Australian Straight Edge
    • View Profile
5-6x is easily the best because I sure as hell don't have the time ro sit around on a 1-2x rate. And I'm sure many will agree with me.

Also who said this server is going to last long enough for someone to max out on, wouldn't you rather a flourishing economy in a couple if months with evenly dispersed richness or do you want the couple of no lifers running the economy?

Deal breaker

Typed this on my phone so pls stahp
I'm pretty busy IRL so if I don't reply or see something or know something it's generally because of that.

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
2x only seems bad in theory, but its the best rate.

Once you hit level 30-40 it starts to slow down.  Most players of runescape during 2006 are much older now and don't have the same amount of time.

Exactly. In 2006 I was in 6th grade, which was when RuneScape was my life. I would play until 12 in the morning and wake up at 4-5 AM just to get some more play time in. Then I would go to school and immediately go on the computer as soon as I got home at 3. On a good day, I could get 12 hours of play time. Thats 1/2 of a day! Now a days, I have time to play for a half hour in the mornings, but I come home at 6-7 everyday because of wrestling practice. 8-9 at latest if we have a match. Then I have until 12 to do whatever I want, which is to play RuneRebels. And I will get almost no playtime on Fridays, because you know, girlfriend, so Fridays and Saturdays reduce my playtime significantly. I have no time to no life this game. I already did that in 6th grade, and I almost had to stay back a year because of it.

Froblin

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
If we had 5-6x exp rate then i would have a few 99s by now. I like the 2x its best for me.

Gold

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Send me a pm in-game if you have any questions.
    • View Profile
Having a lot of people with 99s ruins the game... There is also much less sense of achievement. We need noobs!

*Credit goes to SRBuckey5266

Coordinates

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    99 Woodcutting
    • View Profile
    • Coordinates - Home
I'll just leave this quote here:

I understand that you want it to be closer to the original, but times have changed and I don't think most people can adapt to the way experience is gained. Most people have either played RuneScape or another private server recently with either faster ways to get experience, or higher experience rate. Because of that, people begin to grow impatient when training on the older, slow methods of training that were the best at this time. Because of this, a boost in experience is almost necessary to keep an active player base.

However, I also believe that 10x is way too much. As shown with another remake when it was in a "Pre-Alpha" state, quite a few 99s were achieved in the first week. With this, the game progresses way too fast and the game gets boring. However, the other option of 3x is not too unreasonable. Although it's still quite faster than 2x, it's more reasonable than being over or at 5x experience. Personally, I believe 2x is the perfect rate of XP gain.

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
I think 2x was at a resonable rate, when we were playing with 10x during pre-alpha, i was getting 99's like no tomorrow and people were competing for "who can get maxed on the xp first" instead of "who can get to 99 first" which was a little annoying in my taste.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

papas

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    wepa wepa wepa
    • View Profile
Yea just remember when your playing on 2x rate your halving the exp you need for lvl 99 in a skill 13.5 / 2 = 6.75 WOOT! that's easy!

What we all are forgetting is the rs is a game where the fun factor rely to much on the social part. That's why this game doesn't work well with higher xp rates.

If you don't have the time to play the game, you wont be making many friends/enemies making the game a boring one.

Epica

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Lots of people that would be interested in playing a runescape server from 2006 are playing solely for the sake of nostalgia and simply don't have time to level up at a 2x rate (such as me). I've been playing for 5 or so days and only trained woodcutting and I'm only at level 46 I believe. I think that 3 or 4x xp would be better for me but I think that since this is suppose to be as close as 2006 as possible it would be better for the server as a whole to keep it at 2x xp. I probably will never have a level 99 (although I'm sure many people will) but really the xp rate should stay at 2x.

Pinkamena

• Rebel Leader

• JT's Future Wife!

• View Profile
I feel 2x exp is like the perfect rate. Getting a 99 here is like getting a 92 on Runescape, consider it 24/7 double exp weekend! Also with it at 2x we still have to work for 99's even though we get them twice as fast, so it still has that feeling of accomplishment.
CHECK OUT MAH AWESOME DOOM MOD! - Hard Doom

Identity 214

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    The 214th user on RuneRebels.
    • View Profile
I think 2x is the best rate for us.
WORLDSCAPE: I Steal Cash
RUNEREBELS: Identity 214

ffs victory

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
1x is just too slow and everybody knows it.
10x is by far too fast.
I think 3x is the perfect formula.