Author Topic: RuneRebels: The Grand Tree! (2.18)  (Read 4078 times)

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
RuneRebels: The Grand Tree! (2.18)
« on: August 31, 2020, 11:56:39 pm »

The gang was still relaxing and kicking it on the farm, enjoying the simple life. As they stay in lounge chairs near the edges of the field, they noticed Postie Pete approaching the farm. "Mail call!" he yelled as he put a very crumbled up letter in the mailbox. "Yo, who could be sending us mail here?" said Bill. "No clue" replied Alex. "Probably spam email, I would just throw it in the fire" continued Alex as Bill uncrumpled the letter. "Oh my god, it's from Onur" said Bill as he handed the letter to Alex. Alex began to read the letter outloud... "Hey guys, I got myself into some trouble and am currently stuck in Seers village picking flax as an indentured servant. Please come rescue me, this guy I work for is a real jerk.", he finished. "Oh crap, we better go save him!" said Bill as he grabbed his signature blue shorts from his room. They quickly teleported to Seers village and ran down to the flax fields, where they found Onur picking flax while wearing what appears to be rags. "Oh my god, I have never been so happy to see you guys in my entire life!" exclaimed Onur as he gave Alex a big old slap on the back. "It's good to have you back man!" said Bill as they teleported away. After some rest back at the farm, the crew started to discuss their next big move. Bill had been working on a huge operation a few months ago at the Grand Tree, so the team decided to head back there and finish the job.

Hello players! After our previous quality of life updates, we are back to grinding on game content, along with the engine and tools enhancements to make it happen! We are extremely happy to bring you another quest that has been in development for quite a long time, The Grand Tree. We are actively working through all the quests that we have in the pipeline but weren't completed due to missing data or engine features, and will be bringing you more soon!

- The RuneRebels Dev Team

Added The Grand Tree Quest!

Engine:
Added ItemPlacedOnObjectEvent.
Added fields for turn 180 degrees, turn 90 degrees counter clockwise, and 90 degrees clockwise in combat_weapons.
Fixed crash in CommandFriendMenuAction found while fuzzing.
Added validation of chat mode values.
Added support for changing the despawn time of items.
Made massive improvements to the dialogue system to fix many bugs, such as cutscenes stalling when all the steps were executed in one game tick.

Commands:
Add ability to use npc names with ::ns.

Crafting:
Fixed a crash found by fuzzing.

Tools:
Added ability to export dialogue from quests.

Members:
Added the Gnome Gliders!

Npc Behavior:
Disabled incorrect aggressiveness for Mounted terrorbird gnome.
Hopefully fixed ducks swimming onto land!

Random Events:
Fixed pickaxe and axe heads from flying into unworkable tiles.

Tutorial Island:
Fixed a bug where the tutorial island plugin's listener for clicking on the flashing tab icons didn't check the player's tutorial status, which could result in players being sent back to various parts of the island if invalid data was sent to the server.

Quests:
Added reset despawn timer event / action.

Code: [Select]
Marshmallow's summary for the Cyclone release:

Game Engine:
RuneScape Blitz: merge 82 commits into master

Libraries:
Blitz API: merge 17 commits into master
Core AllGoFree: merge 2 commits into master

Plugins:
Commands: merge 7 commits into master
Core 317 Clipping: merge 1 commit into master
Core Engine: merge 45 commits into master
Documentation: merge 6 commits into master