Author Topic: Stuttering Gameplay  (Read 2423 times)

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
Stuttering Gameplay
« on: June 06, 2013, 04:59:26 pm »
Alright, my ISP is reliable, I don't run my CPU in to the ground.  When I move, I stop every three tiles and mining, every few swings I stop mining.  The server has been up for almost a full week, so where's the refresh?

Edit: Walking, stops every tile advance, running, every 2 tiles.

Edit 2: It stopped, I don't know why, but the problem stopped.  For a moment, then started again.  It is like the frame limiter doesn't work properly; I'll try updating Java.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 05:12:45 pm by Garnu »

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not

Tiellanor

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Just a normal kid
    • View Profile
Re: Stuttering Gameplay
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 11:27:29 pm »
You are CURSED

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 05:47:19 pm »
Well, a freshly rebooted server still doesn't help.  Does a programmer want to analyze this?  Is there some hardware or software that is not working well with Blitz that I have?

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 06:03:05 pm »
Now I know what this issue is: the frame limiter is not working properly.  As quick as my animations show it has to wait for the game to catch up.  Therefore the animation looks choppy because my system runs the frames too quick.  Even on the title screen, those flames showing the runes goes too quickly.  I'd erase the cache if I knew the cache server is up and running, if that would help.

Update: I got the frames to slow down by running a video in You Tube.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:02:52 pm by Garnu »

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 04:29:38 pm »
Reminiscing over Runescape, I remembered something that they were working on mid to late RS2: support for multiple processors, like Core Duo and such.  If I'm not mistaken Jagex did program the client to only run on one processor by default.  As this problem started when I switched to a dual processor computer, perhaps the settings for the client needs to specify single processor threading, and I think the problem I have circulates running java for Rune Rebels through both my processors causing unnecessary graphical problems.

If anyone knows an addition to the client's batch file, much appreciated, to work around this as I'd rather not globally specify java not to multiprocessor thread.

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|