Author Topic: My Rant: BUNNY EARS ARE BULLSHIT  (Read 10230 times)

phenomic

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    The mole ate me.
    • View Profile
Re: My Rant: BUNNY EARS ARE BULLSHIT
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 10:05:02 pm »
Actually, the bunny ears are nice. More people compliment me on the fact that I did have the event short, sweet, and now they are going to be
rares.

I've just come to terms,

"Haters gonna hate"

I'm not a hater I am just being realistic and pointing out that the event was a way to give people effortless value of millions and millions of gp for being lucky enough to camp for 1 day @ chickens, goblins, ect. The eco is going to be totally fucked. Why work for money when you can wait for another event happen, play all day, and have that effort be equivalent to months and months of playing. The players praising the event have gathered their ears and will make millions off of that. It's just stupid. I hope you will realize this sooner than later.

So you're saying that RS is pointless and stupid because Party Hats are 1b?

NO. haha. Read my first post again. The drop rates were fucked up. The event isn't good for the eco.

The drop rates were not fucked up. Chickens had a .2% chance. Like I said, you will get more from monsters you can one hit, just for this simple reason.

I tried getting you to understand but I guess you just won't. Or you just refuse to admit the event wasn't perfect and imo, a mistake to the stabilizing economy. I'm not trying to personally attack you, but are all the events going to be like this? If you think this is the right way of running things, as the potential new owner, will you continue this trend? You are the only active admin.

You are right, the event was very quickly executed. I didn't want you guys to be without at least a little something. I don't know how we will do events next time.

I'm just pretty pissed off. This will be my last say until someone else wants to post their opinion (and someone grow a pair and do, even if it is against my thoughts). I am sure after this topic that nothing will be done, but seriously. I know I have absolutely no power, and I don't know what will give my opinion some legitimacy but.. This event gave people easy money. New players who camped for ears (because yes, the drops were far too easy) now have more potential money than I will have in months and months of actively playing, possibly years. And the fact that it was cut short, it's a bit unfair. I see myself as an active and potentially loyal player to this server, and not to get over-dramatic but I am just ashamed because of this servers' potential.

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 01:10:48 am »
You're saying it as if there are a lot of people with heaps of money that they "worked" for. Seriously? There's like 5 people that are actually rich. If anything I hope people purchase bunny ears to get the money floating around.

Bunny ears stay.

phenomic

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    The mole ate me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 01:17:15 am »
You're saying it as if there are a lot of people with heaps of money that they "worked" for. Seriously? There's like 5 people that are actually rich. If anything I hope people purchase bunny ears to get the money floating around.

Bunny ears stay.

Not filthy rich, but they worked for what they have.

edit: at least I did :P
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:31:34 am by phenomic »

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 03:07:59 am »
Actually, the bunny ears are nice. More people compliment me on the fact that I did have the event short, sweet, and now they are going to be
rares.

I've just come to terms,

"Haters gonna hate"

I'm not a hater I am just being realistic and pointing out that the event was a way to give people effortless value of millions and millions of gp for being lucky enough to camp for 1 day @ chickens, goblins, ect. The eco is going to be totally fucked. Why work for money when you can wait for another event happen, play all day, and have that effort be equivalent to months and months of playing. The players praising the event have gathered their ears and will make millions off of that. It's just stupid. I hope you will realize this sooner than later.

NO. haha. Read my first post again. The drop rates were fucked up. The event isn't good for the eco.

The drop rates were not fucked up. Chickens had a .2% chance. Like I said, you will get more from monsters you can one hit, just for this simple reason.

I tried getting you to understand but I guess you just won't. Or you just refuse to admit the event wasn't perfect and imo, a mistake to the stabilizing economy. I'm not trying to personally attack you, but are all the events going to be like this? If you think this is the right way of running things, as the potential new owner, will you continue this trend? You are the only active admin.

You are right, the event was very quickly executed. I didn't want you guys to be without at least a little something. I don't know how we will do events next time.

Perhaps for the next event, have an untradable rare like the Scythe be dropped around the RuneRebels map with the "You already have a scythe you don't need another one" message. Along with Diago holding onto your scythe if you lose it. I think having a rare that's tradable/from a monster drop would cause people to inflate prices way too much.

I pmed you about something though, perhaps read.

TRS

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 06:44:54 am »
AllGoUnfair/AllGoSteal are better names for this crap.
The Bunny Ears unfair distributed, users with hight combat levels had more chance to get one.
Why do you think that jagex have made new holiday event items untradeable?

TR

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 10:31:26 am »
Umad trs?

Everyone had a chance to get them. Don't bitch cuz you didn't.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

darkwangel

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 10:50:08 am »
Umad trs?

Everyone had a chance to get them. Don't bitch cuz you didn't.

not trying to place more logs in the fire but i have to agree with phenomic in a few things

i was killing npcs all day and only got 1 and james give me 1 too so i only have 1 now i give the other to my gf

and some players killing lvl 1 npcs got like 40 or more so it kinda makes me thing on this too

i do love this server , i rly like james and i know is been working a lot for this server

that said , i think there are a lot of bunny ears out there and there are a lot of people tryng to make easy money out of it selling them for like 1m or more right now

i think that next time a change in drop rates or in npc drops must be done

some players are now 60m more rich than they were ,while must of us are still working to make that money and working a lot
so its kinda unfair for the rest of us

not saying that im against them getting rich, just the way they got rich from very easy drops in the beguining of the bunny ears drop started

ps: not selling my bunny ears so plz dont pm me for that only have 1 and i will keep it

Brett

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 11:06:04 am »
you can either buy a pair, and keep for yourself.. they're not even expensive.. or you should have been on during the first 24 hours.. simple as that.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 11:11:29 am »
you can either buy a pair, and keep for yourself.. they're not even expensive.. or you should have been on during the first 24 hours.. simple as that.

darkwangel

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 11:24:56 am »

i was on killing npcs all day >:(

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 02:42:25 pm »

i was on killing npcs all day >:(

That is luck of the draw.

I don't get on the RS forums and bitch to Jagex when I don't get a hilt at god wars.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 03:03:55 pm »
rares.

I've just come to terms,

"Haters gonna hate"

Do events similar to how Runescape did them, and if ruining the economy is so bad of a problem just make most holiday items untradeable..

phenomic

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    The mole ate me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 05:24:25 pm »

They are going for very high prices. If you remember, the event was announced to be 2 days long, so how are people going to know that it would be randomly cut short? Some people were just lucky. Others expected 2 days and did not receive ears because they listened and trusted that.

Famoo

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighborhood Developer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2013, 07:44:51 pm »
AllGoUnfair/AllGoSteal are better names for this crap.
The Bunny Ears unfair distributed, users with hight combat levels had more chance to get one.
Why do you think that jagex have made new holiday event items untradeable?

TR

Users with high combat levels had more chance to get one? That is absolutely 100% false. I have the highest combat level, and I was unable to receive not even one bunny ear drop from lvl 133's (TzHaar-Xils) and lv149's (TzHaar-Kets). The only way I was able to obtain bunny ears was to: 1) buy them, and 2) Kill cows on my lv 20 alt.

Official RuneRebels Discord: https://discord.gg/49KyKQJ

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 08:15:19 pm »

They are going for very high prices. If you remember, the event was announced to be 2 days long, so how are people going to know that it would be randomly cut short? Some people were just lucky. Others expected 2 days and did not receive ears because they listened and trusted that.

Funny thing is, I deleted my post 20 minutes later and edited the announcement in big black letters
;-)